Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
zaglag,

You really need to speak to TCX about this. When you call, try and phone at a less busy time, ie first thing in a morning, lunchtime or the evening, these are always busy periods as it's when people phone around work. If you can phone mid-morning or mid afternoon, it's generally quieter (I've never had a long wait around then). I would assume if those over 18 are designated guardiens for those under 18, in the way of a letter from a parent, then that should suffice. You'll need to discuss that with TCX though to make sure they're happy with it.

Darren
Hi - with 2 weeks to go we have been forced to change flights due to the arrival time back at Gatwick being too late for work/school etc.

Anyway - that aside, we are now on the 486K Gatwick - Antalya which departs at 8am. Do you know what terminal this goes from please as it doesn't appear on the Gatwick Airport website.
Hi.

We are in the process of booking our honeymoon to Rhodes. And as im a bit of an aircraft enthusiast, type of aircraft is important to me for this special occasion. I have never flown on 757 And as they are ageing now and they will slowly be declining in numbers from our skys, So therefore the choice of aircrfat will probably play a big part in the date we choose to go. We are looking to go in september, we have seen a TCX flight leaving MAN-RHO-MAN on a wednesday 0900hrs, it has given me the flight number of TCX2072. But normally TCX use a 3 digit number with the k/l at the end for dep/arr. Ive typed the number up on google whith results returning negative. Could anyone help me please, and if it turns out not to be a 757, could anyone let me know on a day flight that will involve a 757 flying us there, many thanks!
onetruenutta,

I'm mobile at the moment so will check the aircraft type when I'm back later. Rhodes are normally a 757-200 though. TCX are changing the format of flight numbers from May and they often change anually so google isn't a reliable souce of flight information, as you've found.

EDIT: TCX2072/3 are currently showing as a Boeing 757-200 for September 2011

Darren
Hi of to Eygpt in 8 weeks, four of us traveling 2 adults & 2 children aged 7 & 9. Normally I would pre book my seating but friends we travel with never do and always get sat together, but I keep worrying now and I am panicing that we won't all be sat together on the plane (is it likely to happen :que ). Do you guys pre book seats or would you rather put that money towards your holiday spends?

Also we only have a 15 kg luggage allowance each, which gives us 60 kg between the four of us, I will only be taking 3 cases, can you spread the allowance over 3 cases? ( for example 1 case weighing 19kg and 2 of 17 kg), or will i be charged for going over my weights for each cases?.

We will be traveling with Thomas Cook thought I should mention that as I know all airlines are different!!

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

Vickie
Hi Vicky, first of all the luggage thingy... you CAN spread the allowance between cases, but be aware that some airlines will specify that no SINGLE item should weigh more than a certain amount... this H&S for the baggage handlers... check on the TC website..

next seating... the best advice that I can give you is get to the airport early and get to the front of thequeue.... if you're later then you can have no guarantee that you'll be together... given the ages of the children, the worst case scenario as I see it would be one of you sat with one child, the other with the other child but possibly in different rows....

ATB,J.
vicjayhay,

Thomas Cook allow the pooling of luggage for those under the same booking reference. The maximum weight for a piece of hold luggage is 30kg. Anything greater than that won't be accepted for travel. Thomas Cook are very strict with luggage and will charge you if you exceed any of your allowances. I would agree with merseygull regarding the seating. However, many people pre-book or select seats these days so there are no guarantees you will be seated together. Given you are travelling with children though, one adult has to be sat with one child.

Darren
Thos Cooks allocate seats the day before like Thomsons don't they?
Sunaddict,

On some flights, but not the ones I've been on.

Darren
Hi hope someone can help?
Due to fly on package with Thomas Cook to Hurghada from Manchester on 19/2 returning 26/2/11. TCX253K/L.
I can only find flights that go out on fri 18/2 and they have exactly the same times as mine say on the 19/2. Are there two TCX flights on fri and sat or has my flight been changed without me knowing? it is half term so maybe there is extra flights but with the problems in Egypt I am just quite concerned that flights have been merged. Thought I'd try here first before ringing Thomas Cook!
thanks
Jan
I only said that because I remember one of their cabin crew posting that they pre allocate on mosts flights and have done for some time.
Does anyone know on which ones they do, as it's a waste of time turning up early if seats have already been sorted out.
Borogirl,

You'll have been informed if there had been a flight change. Your flight times and dates will have been confirmed when you received your tickets. The flight on the Friday is TCX964K/L, your flight on the Saturday is TCX253K/L.

Darren
thanks Darren. My tickets do say 19/2 and now i am happy! Only riots to worry about now!
Jan
Only riots to worry about now!

Don't believe all that you hear Jan, I am sure Manchester Airport isn't that bad. ;)

David :wave
Thanks for your replys guys less stressed about the luggagae now, though I am seriously thinking about pre booking seats.

Vickie
Hi

I'm off to Cuba in March with my partner and, having been seated separately from her on our last flight, I'm considering pre-booking seats on the Thomas Cook flights.

Couple of questions - if I do pre-book the seating, does this include the online check-in service? Also, we are flying to Cuba from Manchester. The TC website doesn't include Manchester as part of its online check-in service, but I have read that it is available. Could someone confirm this for me?

Many thanks

Paul
paulpud,

Manchester is open for online check-in and anyone travelling can use it. Pre-booked seating just mean you have a guaranteed of 2 seats together. These will be assigned when you check-in online. If you want to change them, you can do (with a charge).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.