Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
paulpud
As far as I know online check in is fine for Manchester but I always thought you had to have paid to select your seat numbers first (in accordance with TC website). Otherwise you can't print boarding passes with your seat numbers on.
paulpud wrote:
Manchester isn't amongst the airports it lists as having the online check-in facility.

Manchester is open for online check-in being one of their major hubs. Details are on Thomas Cook Airlines website.

My tickets have just come, only 4 weeks 6 days to go until take-off!

Darren
Hi Darren here goes. We fly from Manchester on 20th May 14.25 flight number TCX2718 to Bodrum and the flight back is 31st May 00.20 Flight number TCX2637. Hope i have give you the right info :tup
Hi all
I have a question regarding the Canadian Affair TCX flights...
I know in the summer they had reduced the seat pitch (to 29" i think?) for flights MAN-YYC.

I've flown TCX MAN-YYC for the last few years now in April...always 33" in economy. Do you know if they've reverted back to 33" for the ski season- I'll be going 16 April again, or if they've kept them at 29"?
Flight numbers will be TCX 312/313

Many thanks
:que
woodsinbolton,

The reduced seat pitch for Canadian Affair was nothing to do with TCX as they were under contract (chartered) to operate by Canadian Affair in summer 2010. Regular TCX flights are in the normal long haul configuration. All the A332's are in this configuration as far as I know.

Darren
alsbaby,

MAN-BJV-MAN (TCX2718/2637) are showing as operated by a Boeing 757-200. These don't have IFE available, but have hand held players for hire at £7.50 per flight. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren, So the TA telling lies then. What a surprise!
mrshurt86,

MAN-POP-MAN (TCX062K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. I'll have just got back from PUJ before you jet off! You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The 2-3-2 seats at the rear are quite nice. I've sat in them many tines, not only with TCX, but with other airlines. If you're travelling as a couple, the pairs are nice as you don't have anyone else next to you. The only disadvantage is you have cabin crew performing their duties in the galley behind so you do get a little extra noise and them walking up and down the isle, but I must say it never bothered me. I'm sure you'll be more more than happy with your seat selection.

Darren

:( Just logged into TC website to see if its possible to check in online and found out that our seats on row 38 (2 per row) have been changed to row 36 (3 per row) due to a aircraft change.

A bit gutted to be honest but someone's at TC are going to look into it for us.
Hi Darren,

Wondering if you'd be able to help with some questions I have re booking with Fly Thomas Cook to Sanford in September...

My brother uses an electric wheelchair as he has a physical disability. I have spoken to TC today and she advised me we would not be able to reserve any seat for him, but he would be assigned a medical seat at check-in. Do you know if one of my family would be able to sit next to him as he is unable to feed himself etc? Is it unlikely the rest of us (7 of us in total) would be able to reserve seats near him as the aircraft wouldn't have been chosen yet?

Many thanks,

Lynsey
LynseyMaffs,

Welcome onboard :tup
When you book medical seats for a disabled person, you should also be allocated a medical seat adjacent to accompany them. The aircraft type is known (Airbus A330-200) but given the medical seats are in short supply, not all your party would be able to sit in them. Medical seats on the A332 are located on row 1 (in the premium cabin) seats 1 A/B, 1 C/D/E and 1 H/J in a 2-3-2 configuration, then (in the economy cabin) row 8 D/E/F, 30/31 D/E/F in a 3-3-3 configuration. The remainder of your party can be seated pretty close to you subject to availablity. I would call closer to the time to discuss your needs to make sure they have noted you need 2 medical seats. There's extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to the seating plan for the A332. You can reserve seating (officially) from 2 months before your departure date but the flights are often uploaded on to the system 3 or 4 months prior so you can often choose them before that. I choose my seats in November for my flights in 3 weeks for example. The medical seats are exempt from selection just in case they are needed.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your reply. As long as someone can sit with him, that'd be fine. I see that from this summer, premium economy becomes extra legroom at 35" pitch. I think I will write/call TC to explain row 1 would be best as he is unable to bend his knees 90 degrees.

Is it correct, the rest of the cabin will be 33" inch pitch? (We are a tall family). Have come across a few posts where aircraft changes have resulted in 29". Also, would tv screens be available on both out and inbound flights. Not only am I concerned about my brother, but also keeping my 2year old happy!

Thanks for your help. I get the job of booking the hols for the whole family and travelling with my brother is a big worry. Any help/advice is gratefully received.

Lynsey
LynseyMaffs,

The A332's used on long haul have had 33" seat pitch as standard in economy since May 2008. Premium is 35" but as you know, the premium product is being revoked from the end of April and these seats will become extra legroom. Aircraft used on Canadian Affair flights last summer (on contract to them) were reduced to 29" seat pitch at their request. Odd flights have been changed to Boeing 767-300/ER's when an aircraft has a technical problem or is having maintenance carried out. You should be informed if your flights are effected by maintenance, but obviously not if it's a technical problem at short notice. IFE is available on all long haul flights. The main thing is to discuss your requirements with Thomas Cook so they have your needs on record and can make the necassary arrangements.

Darren
Hi Darren - we are flying NCL - ENFIDHA - NCL TCX6014/5 17/08/2011 to 01/09/2011 Outbound 21.35 Inbound 01.55

Can you tell me what type of aircraft please?

Thanks

PAuline :)
mackem67,

NCL-NBE-NCL (TCX6014/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
LynseyMaffs wrote:
Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your reply. As long as someone can sit with him, that'd be fine. I see that from this summer, premium economy becomes extra legroom at 35" pitch. I think I will write/call TC to explain row 1 would be best as he is unable to bend his knees 90 degrees.

Lynsey

Hi. Just to let you know as he cannot bend his leg, row 1 def would be unsuitable as there is shorter leg room for him. 1ab 1hj would be more suitable, as the legroom is much better here.
(cabin crew with TCX, so I know what im on about)
Safe flight
BTC
Hi ButterChickenGirl,

Thanks for your comment... would you mind just clarifying what is the difference between row 1 and 1A/B and 1H/J? Are the latter in the economy section and row 1 in premium? Sorry, getting a bit confused... Want to be clear before I book.

Many thanks!

Lynsey
All of row 1 (AB DEF HJ) are in the (premium) soon to be legroom cabin. No difference in legroom between 1AB or 1HJ, just a bit less legroom on 1DEF as there is a bulkhead/wall in front.
BTC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.