Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
AlanSinfield wrote:
Perhaps the plane (A320?)

Boeing 757-200

If there is a delay, it's not always due to the aircraft coming in late. There could be unscheduled maintenance for example.

Darren
Thanks

Interestingly on our tickets it is down as an A320

Alan
AlanSinfield,

Showing as a 752 on my screen! It may be out of date though.

Darren
AlanSinfield wrote:
Flying on TCX173K tomorrow from Manchester to Tenerife. On the Manchester Airport website it is already showing a delay of 2.5 hours?

I would be interested to know why since currently the only TCX flight showing a delay is Long Haul. Perhaps the plane (A320?) is coming from another airport?

Any Help appreciated

Alan

One plane out of action tomorrow, so your aircraft doing an extra flight before. Your aircraft will be due in empty, positioning from AYT at 1745. It is now on an a321
I have just completed my API for my holiday, and picked my seating through the your seat your choice option, after completing these a box at the top of the screen said that I can check in online after 30/3/11, do you have to pay for this service or is it free :que ?

Many thanks

Vickie
flight TCX3642 15th july 2011 from glasgow to hurghada has it been cancelled
smcg01,

Welcome onboard :tup
Have you contacted Thomas Cook to ask?

Darren
on Thursday they told me it was cancelled and I couldn't get refund until it was confirmed by letter, and on Friday they phoned me to say that the flight wasn't cancelled but when I go on to website and look up there are no holidays available for summer 2011 from Glasgow .
smcg01,

You can only go off what Thomas Cook have told you.

Darren
Hi Off to Punta Cana from Man March 10 TCX 48K out 48 L back, could you let me know what plane please.
Debgreg,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TCX048K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200, normally ex-MYT. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

PS I'll see you at 37,000ft, I'm on your flight!
Gee thanks Dazbo prompt as ever... I take it they have the seat back TV's then ...wear a carnation Ill look out for you :cheers
Debgreg wrote:
I take it they have the seat back TV's then

Everything is detailed on our What Aircraft? guide. Seat back IFE is throughout. RED is the blockbuster movie outbound. I've seen it before but it's pretty good so don't forget some popcorn!

Debgreg wrote:
wear a carnation Ill look out for you

No need for that, you'll see me having a walk up and down with the camera at some point.

Darren
Hi darren

I am flying to punta cana on 23/6/11 and i am lookin at reserving our seats our flight number is tcx314 from manchester can you give me any info on the seats at the back of the aircraft where it narrows that are configured in two s are there any bad points about these seats did not want to share in a 3 also my hubby is quite large are the seats just as wide as all the rest.
thanks marg
xxmargxx,

You'll find lots or aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including links to seat plans and I'll post cabin photos next month. The seats in the pairs at the rear are identical to all the other seats in the economy cabin apart from they are arranged in pairs (rear 5 rows). This is due to the fuselage starting to narrow at this point. There aren't really any disadvantages of these seats other than the one closest to the wall is set sligtly away from it so you might not be able to lean up aganst it like (you can on the row with 3's) and being at the rear, near to the galley, you'll have cabin crew working behind you going up and down the isles and may hear their activities. Other than that, they're great seats if you're travelling as a couple. I've sat in them many times with various airlines on the A330 and A340.

Darren
Hiya we are off to antalya again 3rd april from man 18.35 i think thomas cook, on the Api page it says on line check in open end of march, ive never done this before or heard of it, does it save you queuing up when checkin opens? also we are stopping near man airport the night before someone has said with the online check in you can leave your bags the day before is this true?

Thank you xx

One last thing someone i know lives out in turkey and they want some english sausages :) can i carry them in my case or hand luggage.
Darren I will look out for you and give you a wave :wave:
liana,

Online check-in is straight forward, but you still need to check your luggage in at the airport so it's not always a time saver. If you get a lot of passengers using online check-in, the queue for baggage drop off can sometimes take longer than checking-in the usual way. I don't use it when taking luggage really. Online check-in is best when you only have hand luggage. Thomas Cook no longer offer day before check-in at Manchester. Again, it's not that much of a time saver (needing to go to the airport twice) and it means you don't have access to your luggage on the day of your flight. Things like toiletries that you might need access to for the overnight stay can't be carried in your hand luggage in the main due to security restriction, ie liquids / gels in quantities more than 100ml, razors, so you have to make sure you have what you need for your stay and in your luggage. If you want a change of clothes, that has to go in hand luggage and TCX are very strict on weights. That's just my opinion though. I would be very careful with taking meat products as there are restrictions, don't put them in hand luggage. Saussages are available in Turkey, I know they aren't pork in the main but they aren't that bad!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.