Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jeb27,

A bulkhead, by definition is a wall within the hull of a ship, aircraft, vehicle, or container. It may or may not be structural.

Darren
jeb27,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information including a link to Thomas Cooks inflight magazine where the current IFE is listed. You'll need to register with Ink Publishing to view it (just follow the links). IFE is via seat back screens. Did you not look at what you are paying for when upgrading to Premium Economy?

Darren
Hi
Thanks for that - I will have a look.

I did look initially, but we booked a while ago! I just know that there isn't much info around as it is stopping soon,

Thank you anyway
jeb27,

There's plenty of information around while the premium cabin is currently active (until end of April). There have been no changes since you booked.

Darren
thanks for your advice darren. 1 last question, do you know if the last row of seats in the front cabin (rows 12 and 13 in the middle) are fully reclinable or is the builkhead directly behind meaning they only recline slightly
thanks
rapunzel,

I'm not sure if it's full recline, but there is some recline.

Darren
thanks darren, i just called thomas cook to see what they said and they said that those seats aren't reclinable so will give those ones a miss. also said that all the seats were 29 inches, but she wasn't sure, but a couple of diffferent places have confirmed those front ones have a tiny bit more legspace, do you know if this is true. i know it sounds pedantic, biut with a tall hubbie and an infant on my lap, every inch counts., thanks
rapunzel,

Yes, it's true (confirmation here from MikeBravo who works for TCX). The front cabin has a little extra seat pitch on the A333. The aircraft is on lease for the summer from sister airline, Thomas Cook Scandanavia.

Darren
that is wonderful, i am going to pre-book those seats now. Ikeep saying I won't pester you anymore and then I think of another question. do you know what are the chances of me getting moved to alternative seats when we actually go to check in. i know if the plane is different this may happen, but if the plane is the same, i would be pretty gutted if we arrive and they tell us, we have been moved, are still together, but are now in row 33 for example.
rapunzel,

Unless the aircraft is changed for some reason, for example a technical issue, you'll get the seats you book. There's only 1x A333 in the fleet as it's leased for summer so it's highly unlikely flights will change. That's the whole point in being able to pre-select seating, you get the seats you want while it raises extra revenue for the airline. If seating is changed, you'll get a refund for the sector you don't get your selection.

Darren
yeah that is true. if they change to another plane it will probably be one with more space anyway so not too worried. i really appreciate all your help and I promise I won't pester you again. thanks again. :)
hi dazbo
i was wondering if you could help me, i am going to book for cyprus and i was wondering if u could tell me the aircraft typoe, seating config and ife on the following flights, the first one is tcx 2058 from man to lca, then tcx 2059 from lca to man 6th apr-13th apr respectively and the secon is a thompson flight leaving man on the 10th apr at 14:35 into lca at 21:20 returning 17th apr leaving lca at 22:30 into man at 01:35, could you let me know if either of theses flights have extra legroom at front of aircraft or are they just exit seats

thanx Donna
We are due to travel 18 May from Glasgow with TC to PEK - this is a Wed flight. I have been looking at the availability and since Friday all the Wed flights are no longer available. I called TC today and they advised no problem flight still ok, however being the suspicious person I am I dont think they are telling the truth. On various other forums I noticed that they have been cancelling flights from Belfast too. The Glasgow Sunday flights are still available, however the later we go the further into the English school holiday we are which we try to avoid Has anyone else got a flight booked?
little camel,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including IFE information, seat pitches and seating plans. MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are operated by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets), TCX2058/9 a Boeing 757-200. There's IFE on Thomson Airways flight, but no IFE on Thomas Cook. There are extra legroom seats available, these are indicated on the seat plans by the exits. Bear in mind this close to the departure date, chances are, they'll all be booked.

Darren
AnneJ0505,

Just because a flight isn't showing on their website, doesn't mean it's not operating. You will be informed if your flight changes. Flights are often removed from their booking system when they are fully booked and therefore no longer available for booking.

Darren
Thanks Darren

I do understand what you are saying, however all Wed flights for Glasgow are no longer available, no matter when you want to travel from now until 2 November! - seems rather ominous to me. I just dont know if our particular flight 18 May will be cancelled or when we will be advised or otherwise. If TCook do what they have been with clients in the past few weeks they will tell us 7 days before and I find that unacceptable.
Hi dazbo
Thanx for the info, since last writing to you I have spoken to someone at Thomas cook who told me that the flight would be operated by a b763, is this a 767-300 ? And if so does that mean that they have changed the aircraft from a 757-200 ?
little camel,

I can only pass on the information on my screen and it's showing a B752. B763 is a Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi

Just wondering if you can tell me what aircraft I am flying on please? Its thomas cook flight TCX2416/7 Manchester-Kos 23/6/11-30/6/11

Many Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.