Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
shaper546,

Welcome onboard :tup
Details of the 'premium' cabin and how the seating is allocated is given here and the following page. In essence, you can't pre-book them for tax reasons and can upgrade to them once onboard. IFE remains the same, but obviously there aren't the extra premium movies now.

Darren
thanks for that seems a weird way but we have booked row 9 3 middle seats so we shouldnt be too bad i hope,

looks like this is really causing some headache for everybody, will get worse next year as i see they are reducing long haul and i always go long haul. planning domrep next year but might have to check out other operators

thansk
shaper546,

3 long haul aircraft (G-OJMB/C and G-TCXA) are leaving the fleet at the end of the summer season, part of the cutting back on long haul routes. Like you, I can't remember when my last short haul trip was, 2007 or 2008 I think. TCX long haul isn't too bad in economy and personally, I didn't think the upgrade was value for money for slightly wider seats and 2" extra seat pitch, especially with the tax increases. One of the reasons there's no more premium. Thomson Airways are certainly worth a look for the destinations you're looking at. As much as I like the A330-200 as an aircraft, the cabins on TOM's 767-300/ER's are better in my opinion.

Darren
yes i thought that myself

i really want to try the dream liner when it gets sorted and a 747 so who knows in 10 years closest i have been was eygpt and never again

thanks though very good info cheers
shaper546 wrote:
i really want to try the dream liner when it gets sorted

You'll be waiting a while yet before they'll be entering service, about 13 or so months before the first is due but it won't be in long haul service until November 2012. The 747 is a beast!

:offtop

Darren
Darren,

Sorry to be a pain :duh

When looking for my plane on the MAN - LPA - MAN TCX 2216/7 you said you beleived it would be a 757 however when booking seats it showed a 2-4-2 layout.

Can you confirm whether your system (or whatever you check) still reads 757?

Cheers

Pete
peterb1203,

Still showing as a 752 here but things do change and TCX's seat booking system won't be wrong! 2-4-2 is a Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglsts).

Darren
is anyone able to confirm when i can book extra legroom for a TC march 2012 flight to goa? can i call them now or do i need to wait til 90 days before? :think all this is very confusing... :que
emmacat,

You can pre-book extra legroom seating now, subject to availability. You'll need to speak to your travel agent or Thomas Cook Airlines.

Darren
thanks so much, going to get on the blower immediately!!! :)
Does anybody know if Thomas cook have changed their policy on collectiong API? I entered my details only last week but being paranoid I just wanted to check that everything was ok so I logged in again earlier. The page for entering API was different and it listed a few countries for where they needed to collect API but it said that all the rest including Zante (which is where we're going) would be collected at the airport :que
Hi, due to having 5 changes to my flight to sharm this year, all I can say is I`m totally confused as to what time my flight is now.
I`m on Thomas cook TCX2624 from Manchester. On my latest invoice ( and I`ve had loads of amendments) it states it is at 13.00 . However the manchester airport site http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANFlightInfo/SearchFlights states that thomas cook on thursdays is at 0900,
Can anyone confirm what my flight time is please.
  • Edited by fitzy16 2011-05-23 20:34:45
i think i need some reassurance and i've only just booked my holiday... :( after trawling through websites etc and pricing up, looking at departure dates and so on, we booked goa via direct holidays forn next march, it wasnt exactly our first choice but we wanted long haul for good weather at that time of year for a decent price. after realising that cuba, dom rep and jamaica have either been heavily cut or scrapped completely via manchester for next winter, i am starting to wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that thomas cook are looking to drop their entire long haul program completely as of 2012...possibly even sooner if comments on other areas of this forum are to be believed...to say i am uneasy is an understatement, i feel we have compromised our peace of mind enough already with the complete uncertainty regarding seating etc with TC long haul, but now i am concerned that in a few months time, we will receive the dreaded and now famous thomas cook letter on the door mat informing us of complete changes to their flying schedule, the kind of letter that starts something like ''as you know, we plan our holidays and flights many months in advance'' bla bla bla (yes, i have had one before!!!) is anyone else having similar reservations or am i just being daaaaaft? :think
emmacat

Not all of longhaul but some including Dom Rep. This could be different for 2012/2013.
Hi, I saw the question re flights to Preveza and in the past have flown on a 757. We are flying out their in August and have been offered a seating arrangement 2-3-2 at or near the rear. Can anybody tell me what aircraft it is and do they change the type of aircraft at different times of the year. Thanks.
fitzy16,

I wouldn't rely on airports flight schedules as they are generally given to the airport once the airline have sorted their schedules well in advance and often don't take in to account any subsequant changes for the rest of the season. Go off the latest time Thomas Cook have given you and the one printed on your tickets when you get them.

Darren
CEDAR,

Welcome onbaord :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are several flight to Preveza. This ensure we get the corect information for you. If the aircraft is configured 2-3-2 on the last7 rows, it's an Airbus A330-200. You'll find fruther aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I am trying to do my API for Turkey but I can not get the website to work. I keep getting:

Booking will be locked for 30 minutes - please try again later

what?!

I am seriously losing patience with their website. If I just turn up at the airport are they going to moan about me not doing api?
greenshoes,

API can be taken at check-in if you don't manage to do it online, however Turkey is listed as being required prior to travel. When are you travelling? API can only be submitted greater than 4 days from when the booking was made and within 28 days of departure. If you are travelling within the next 7 days, API will need to be completed at check in.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.