Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
shirley h,

There's not been any change that I'm aware of, just clarification. Unless you're travelling to one of the listed countries (USA, Goa, Banjul, Turkey, Reus and Almeria), it can be taken at the airport when checking-in.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo. Just wandering why it wanted ours in advance when Zante isn't listed. As I said I entered the info a couple of weeks ago as did my sister but when I tried entering it again yesterday to see what would happen it said I couldn't do it because it would be taken at the airport- odd!
All the problems with Thomas Cook Airlines web site are well documented on the internet any Thomas Cook Airlines Executive reading why don"t you make a place for passport details (if the person booking holds one at the time) on the online booking form!!!!.Also when booking a holiday at the travel agent or online make the same provision all done API collected.This is only for Thomas Cook as it seems all other companies don"t have the same issues.
I have today added our API using the Thomas Cook Ailines website rather than the Thomas Cook brochure website , as when i tried using that it wouldn't allow saying API would be collected at airport
We are flying to Sharm El Sheikh on the the 3rd of September from Manchester(TCX 2562 Dept 14.45 arrive 21.15) looking at the flight timings it is showing a 6.5hr flight as Egypt is only 1hr ahead of the UK,i was always under the impression that Sharm was a 5.5hr flight.Can anyone shed some light on this????? You can reach Qatar in 6.5hrs from Manchester.
qatarman,

They are 2 hours ahead of the UK in Sharm at the moment so the flight times are correct with a flight time of 5 hours or so outbound and slightly longer inbound depending on the weather (wind) on the day.

Darren
qatarman,

It was showing as an hour later when I checked! Regardless of the clock changes, the flight distance is 2,555 miles. The 757-200 will cruise with a ground speed of ~500mph or so subject to the wind so the outbound flight time is approximately 5 hours, 5.5 at the most. I was in Luxor in just over that, and that's 200 miles further!

Darren
Thank you Darren i will check with the airline nearer the time as we wish to book taxis.
Hi Daz,

Would you be able to confirm where our flight will be flying to prior to operating our flight?
Think it's an A320.

13th June, LGW-AYT, TCX1526.

Thanks!
Hi daz
what went wrong with the punta cana flight today it still shows as final boarding.
Hope this does not happen when i go in 4 weeks!!!

marg
xxmargxx,

It was a technical problem I believe.

Darren
Hey,

Hope you guys can help...

Im flying to Cancun from Gatwick on Sunday 26th June, flight number - TCX242. Can you tell me what plane it will be or is it to early??

I flew long haul with Thomas Cook (economy) in the summer of 2009. Has it changed at all?

Many thanks
Jonny
jonnyc_2002,

LGW-CUN-LGW (TCX242/3) are operated by an ex-MYT Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The only change is there's no longer any premium service.

Darren
We are flying to Sharm El Sheikh on the the 3rd of September from Manchester(TCX 2562 Dept 14.45 arrive 21.15) looking at the flight timings it is showing a 6.5hr flight as Egypt is only 1hr ahead of the UK,i was always under the impression that Sharm was a 5.5hr flight.Can anyone shed some light on this????? You can reach Qatar in 6.5hrs from Manchester.

qatarman, the arrival time shown is the time you arrive in Sharm, the time in Manchester will be 20.15, therefore the actual duration of your flight will be 5.5 hours.
Cheers Andy just had the wife telling me to go back to school i forgot to count from 1hr ahead,not bad for someone who has lived outside the UK for all the years i have.
Hiya. We have just booked to go to rhodes with thomas cook. We are going next september (2012). How soon can i book seats on the aircraft? Thanks.
onetruenutta.

You can select them within 90 days of your dates of travel. Details are on Thomas Cook Airlines website.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.