Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lardylegs,

The answer is in your post! GLA-DLM-GLA (TCX3668/9) are operated by Boeing 757-300 (G-JMAA usually). You'll find aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As I mentioned, there's no IFE on short haul flights now operated by narrow bodied aircraft.

Darren
Hi can anyone help me :) we are travelling from Manchester to Sanford 15th Sept on the TCX414 returning 29th on TCX415, we have recd a letter stating the aircraft has changed inbound, smaller pitch and no IFE bit dissapointed as we have two young children :( anyway, can you please let me know what type of aircraft it is going and returning.

Also I have noticed that some of you have booked seats already we have been told that were unable to book these until 90 days before, have I misread somewhere?

One more thing SORRY when you pre book seats does that include return or is that extra again and is it like getting on a bus now...!!

Many thanks, Nina
NinaJxxx,

Welcome onboard :tup
Most long haul flights are operated with long haul configured Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). However, particularly through the summer months to Sanford (Orlando), it's such a popular destination to go and see Micky Mouse that more seats are required. A larger Airbus A330-300 is therefore brought in to operate those flights with a denser configuration. It's not that there isn't any IFE, it's just not seat back. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide. Your Seat, Your Choice is available from 90 days before your departure date. However, it's sometimes available before this subject to when the flight is loaded on the system. Put your booking details in and you may be surprised to see it's available before the 90 days. When you select seats you can select them for both the outbound and inbound flights. There's a charge for both flights.

Darren
NinaJxxx,
As Darren has already said, i can confirm that sometimes it is possible to pre book your seats before the 90 day before departure. My booking confirmation states that 'your seat your choice' is available from mon 30th may but when i tried in the 2nd week of april our flight was online and i reserved our seats much to my surprise.
Darren, i dont suppose you could tell me what the previous inbound flight was for our flight from bhx on sat 30th july to izmir adnan mendres tcx4722 @ 0745.
I know its a 757-200 and ive studied bhx tcx inbound flights and there appear to be 2 flights arriving the night before and 1 flight arriving 1h 15 mins before we depart. I guess you can tell id like it to be one of the previous night arrivals to decrease the chance of delay :wave:
chrisweaving,

The flight before yours should be BHX-Dalaman-BHX (TCX4512/3).

Darren
Hi Darren, any idea why there's a delay on my flight from MAN to Orlando Sanford (TCX226) today, will it be just the hour delay or is it likely to be longer? Cheers.
Hi Darrren,
I went to book my seats today and the layout is 2-4-2, I asked you about 2 weeks ago which plane i will have and you said it should be a 757-200 which is 3-3, so is Thomas Cooks Booking system wrong or should i have a 767?
Just incase, my flight number is tcx2478/9 on 1st July
Thanks
Hi Darren, Can you tell me which aircraft I will be on; TCX 6156/57 Newcastle - Skiathos? Can you also tell me about the re-fuelling situation please.
liam12189,

It was showing as a 757-200 when I checked but it could change to a 767-300/ER (winglets) as the season gets busier. Thomas Cooks booking system doesn't get it wrong, I think you might be able to trust the airline!

Darren
seedy2,

NCL-JSI-NCL (TCX6156/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The flight may operate non-stop depending on the temperatures and the wind, a decision will normally be taken on the day by the flight crew. It's due to the aircraft being weight restricted on take-off due to the relatively short runway (1640m, NCL is 2329m). If the passenger load is full and the winds / temperatures not favourable, the aircraft can't upload enough fuel to make the flight non-stop. Technical stops (re-fuelling) are normally done at Thessaloniki, adding an hour or so to the flight.

Darren
liam12189 wrote:
Never been on a wide Bodied plane before!

You aren't missing much to be honest! The high density seating on the 76W's make for a crampt flight, especially those in the centre column (4 seats). They are adequate, but but not the most comfortable. There are cabin photos linked from our What Aircraft? guide so you can see what to expect.

Darren
Thanks Darren. Still a bit of neurotic nora but it helps to be informed. I knew about the "short runway" before I booked. Brother-in-law is a pilot and takes great delight in winding me up :)
Hi

Don t know if anyone will know this info but t fly on 23/6/11 to punta cana and pre booked my seats separatly after i paid for the holiday, my tkts came yesterday and in the booklet where it tells me about my flight times and and checkin it says on the outbound flight standard seats but for inbound it says premium seats with extra width and legroom.
Do you think this is upgraded for us or is it just telling you about the seats you can book?
I know that there is no such thing as the premium service anymore but the bigger seats would be nice.
Any one who has flown recently may know
thanks marg
You can prebook ex premium inbound, just not outbound.
Hi sorry to be another one that asks about aircraft type but I am flying MAN - LPA on 4th July (return 18th) and was wondering what type it is likely to be?

Thanks
sbworcs,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote your flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.