Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren what plane is TCX6118 flying NCL to Heraklion 28th June please.
bejay,

NCL-HER-NCL (TCX6118/9) should be a Boeing 757-200, but I'll double check when I'm home from work.

EDIT: Confirmed

Darren
Hi
Could you please confirm or disregard some of the info that is being posted on other forums for me (I hate rumours, thought I would just ask someone who would know the situation at the moment)
I've booked to fly on Friday 27th April 2012 TC Gatwick to Sanford.
Could you confirm if all IFE is being removed at the end of the season from all flights?
Also are all the seats being moved about so will only be 29" seat pitch (I know some flights are at the moment)?
Are TC going to concentrate on medium and Short Haul from next year, so no flights to Florida!!! What about my flight!!!

Sorry so many questions.
Thanks
Louise
morgaln,

As far as I am aware, this isn't true. IFE was removed from the narrow bodied fleet, but not the wide bodied fleet used on long haul. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Odd flights to Sanford are operated by a higher density Airbus A330-300 that has 29" seat pitch and some of the charters to Canada also have the higher density configuration. 3 of the long haul aircraft are used on short haul routes in the summer months and therefore refer back to 354 seats with 29" seat pitch rather than 323 on the long haul with 33" seat pitch. On rare occasions, short haul aircraft are used to operate long haul flights for example when there's a technical issue so it's a case of a lengthy delay or get you away on an alternative aircraft. TCX are reducing their long haul fleet of aircraft from the end of the summer season (end October) when 3 of their A330-200's are returning to the leaser. This reduces long haul capacity and some routes have been cancelled or flights provided by alternative carriers. Sanford is still being operated though so your flights haven't been cancelled. You'd have been told otherwise.

Darren
Hi darren just checked and the thomas cook web is open i thought the outbound tc414 15/09/2011 was a 2-4-2 but is 3-3-3 is this correct many thanks
NinaJxxx,

Thomas Cook know what aircraft they are using on your flight so yes, it's correct!

Darren
Whats seats do you reckon at the back row 37-43 is a 2-3-2 are they ok
NinaJxxx,

Seating at the rear of the A330-200 is nice, especially if you want to travel as a couple and have 2 seats together. Seating is personal preference though. In terms of seat pitch and facilities, they are the same as any other.

Darren
Sorry to be a pain darren its just that i cant find a plane layout that matches both aircrafts are showing veiwing of 2-4-2 so im pretty confused!!!
NinaJxxx,

Seat plans for all of Thomas Cooks aircraft are linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The exception is the short haul configured Airbus A330-200 as they are seasonal at the moment. You can go off the long haul seat plan though as there are only 4 rows different (the seats are bunched up by 2 rows in the centre and rear cabin).

Darren
Hi Darren,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

We're flying GLA-SFB in October (TCX926 out on 15th, TCX927 back on 29th) and were notified over a month ago that the flights had been changed to the 29" seating with the overhead IFE, in lieu of the standard long-haul aircraft that had previously been allocated - I understood this to mean that we're being switched from an A330-200 to the A330-300. We'd prebooked seats at the time of booking in January and the cabin layout at the time showed the A330-200 config as you'd expect, but from your excellent 'what aircraft guide' I believe that the cabin layout will now be as the A330-300 is described there, i.e. front cabin 3-3-3, mid section 2-4-2, tailing off to 2-3-2 at the back, but the online seat layout remains as before.

I emailed the pre travel admin people a few weeks ago saying this and they said "We have a seat conf as a 3-3-3 this may change. You can keep checking the web and if there is a change give us a call and we can amend the seating up to 4 days before travel"!

So I'm now thoroughly confused - if both the TC pre travel admin people and the website still suggest the 3-3-3 layout associated with the A330-200, but we've been told that we're on an aircraft with 29" seating and overhead IFE (suggesting the A330-300), something's got to give - any ideas as to where to find the definitive answer?!

Thanks in advance....
eskbanker,

Welcome onboard :tup
GLA-SFB-GLA (TCX926/7) are currently showing as operated by an Airbus A330-300.

Darren
hey:)

does anyone the aircraft type/reg being used on TXC2486/7, MAN-JSI-MAN. Departure date 20/07/11, return 3/8

many thanks,
oliver
TCX 3152 Glasgow - Larnaca - aircraft?

Yer some man Dazbo ;)
oliveer,

MAN-JSI-MAN (TXC2486/7) are currently showing as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
shoestring,

GLA-LCA-GLA (TCX3512/3) are currently showing as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
The NCL Heraklion T Cook 6118 on tues 28th we are departing 9.40 am do you know where the flight is coming in from please
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.