Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks darren.

is that the larger one or the one with 100 or so seats? and because JSI's runway is so short, the backup aircraft would be another B752 or A320/1? :think
oliveer,

The Boeing 757-200's have 235 seats. Thomas Cook don't operate any aircraft as small as 100 seats. Their smallest aircraft is the Airbus A320-200 with 180 seats.

Darren
My daughter and her friend are due to fly from Newcastle to Lanzarote on flight TCX 6018 on 7th July and paid extra to pre-book seats. They chose their seats a couple of weeks ago after loads of problems due to Thomas Cook leasing aircraft from Mint airlines. She has received her tickets this morning,with a seating plan, only to find the seats they chose don't exist.
She tried ringing but after being in a queue for ages had to put the phone down and go to work.
In the circumstances will she be able to choose different seats, or will she just have to accept what check in staff offer her?
sheeshon,

As TCX are using a different aircraft, the seat plan supplied with tickets isn't necassarily the correct one as it'll be for their own aircraft, not the Mint aircraft. By all means give them a call to check, but the seats booked will be the ones for the correct seating plan on the day.

Darren
Darren
Thanks a lot for that quick reply.
It'll hopefully set her mind to rest until she has time to give them a ring.
Hiya
Could you please tell me which plane reg i will have tomorrow morning,
Manchester to Mahon TCX2478

Thank-you
martynh99,

EMA-HER-EMA (TCX5402/3) are showing as operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren

Turned out to be a A321-200, was pleasently surprised with the legroom after reading some of the reviews on TCX flights.
Reg was G-DHJH for reference, same plane coming back last night too.
Any idea why my thomas cook tickets still say dept 9.40 Flt 6118 to Heraklion 28th June, yet NCL website does not show this It shows dept 15.15 from 28th June
bejay,

Any changes to flight times may not be corrected on the airports website as they are published many months in advance. Always go off the latest information from the airline, ie your tickets.

Darren
Darren,

Any ideas why OY-VKI did MAN-MBJ yesterday? I'm on that route in a couple of weeks and have had no indication an A333 may be doing it, seat plans still shows OY-VKF I believe. It was late so I'm guessing mechanical? VKI replaced scheduled aircraft on arrival from YYC?

Ta much

JW
Hi Darren
Just read elsewhere that TC are removing IFE and reducing seat pitch to 29" on all longhaul flights from this winter. Any truth, do you know?
sunaddict,

That's correct, effective November 2011 from what I've been told. Three long haul A330-200's are leaving the fleet (G-OJMB, G-OJMC, G-TCXA) and the remaining aircraft (G-MLJL, G-OMYT, G-MDBD) will revert back to their high density, all economy configuration with 29" seat pitch with Recaro seats. Seat back IFE will be replaced by mainscreen monitors above the isles. I haven't updated the What Aircraft? guide as yet with the details as it doesn't come in to effect until the end of the summer season, but I will once I have confirmation.

Darren
Thanks Darren. Is that going to cause problems, as they are advertising 33" and seatback IFE for winter onwards. Aren't they selling something they know they cannot supply? Could be interesting.
Sunaddict,

I don't know about it causing problems, but it's in their term and conditions that aircraft specification can change at any time so they're covered for existing bookings although it's probably a little naughty if they are still showing that for future bookings when it's likely to be changing.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
sunaddict,

That's correct, effective November 2011 from what I've been told. Three long haul A330-200's are leaving the fleet (G-OJMB, G-OJMC, G-TCXA) and the remaining aircraft (G-MLJL, G-OMYT, G-MDBD) will revert back to their high density, all economy configuration with 29" seat pitch with Recaro seats. Seat back IFE will be replaced by mainscreen monitors above the isles. I haven't updated the What Aircraft? guide as yet with the details as it doesn't come in to effect until the end of the summer season, but I will once I have confirmation.

Darren

That's really sad news!
If true, then my next holiday will be the last TCX long haul flight I'm doing!
Sounds like good news for Thomson and Virgin though!
If true, then my next holiday will be the last TCX long haul flight I'm doing!

Not long until the last long haul flight anyone will be doing with TCX.
BEfreeTODAY

Not long until the last long haul flight anyone will be doing with TCX.

Any definate dates yet?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.