Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi can i ask will there be tv ife on my flight to hrg on the 28 th sep 12

thank you
this has got me into my usual pre hols worry wind up....

http://www.smart-lynx.com/default.asp?news=259&Doc=2

Seems letters recieved saying flights changed to Latvian plane/airline...seems it was done last year also...and I read not so good things about state of inside plane...my invoice states a B752....if I book thomascook I expect to be on a thomascook plane....and am worried now ....any usuful info Darren....tweetie
SmartLynx are flying mainly out of Newcastle using an A320, crewed by Thomas Cook. The flights have only just started so haven't heard anything about them yet, and nothing about the interiors. If you're flying on a 752 it won't be with SmartLynx.
petey,

IFE information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
TWEETIE PIE,

I posted information about Smart Lynx here.

TWEETIE PIE wrote:
if I book thomascook I expect to be on a thomascook plane....and am worried now ....any usuful info Darren....tweetie

All airlines sub-charter, it's standard practice when additional capacity is needed. Both Thomson Airways and Thomas Cook lease some of their fleet out during the quieter winter season, mainly to Canadian carriers and conversely sub-charter in the summer when additional capacity is needed. They generally charter airlines that offer the same facilities as their own airline and operate under the same standards. Apart from the livery and name on the aircraft, and accents of the staff, there'll be little difference so there's nothing to worry about generally. Your flights aren't effected.

Darren
thanks Darren and sunaddict....Im flying from manchester...so wont affect me...person who had letter is going Rhodes ...but must be flying from Newcastle.....tweetie

I posted information about Smart Lynx here.....sorry Darren...Id read the first bit...but hadnt took in the last bit as said flying from Newcastle
Hi,

Does anybody know if this Summer's flight from Manchester to Almeria (Thursday morning departure) is an A320 airbus, (as used last summer).

Any help would be appreciated, flew this route last year and found this aircraft type better than the 757's / 767's that I've travelled on in the past with them !!
markdoc,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights. This ensure we get the correct information for you. Dates are also useful as it sometimes varies over the course of the season due to variations in demand, eg school hols. I'll assume it's the MAN-LEI-MAN (TCX2476/7) in August. Flights are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hello I am trying to fined out what plane and photos if poss for flight to turkey from Manchester in July the flight no are out tcx2822 and return tcx2869 if anybody could help that would be great Also if the plane has TVs in the back of seats or not the plane is said to be a 76w ???
Jasp36,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote all your flight details when requesting aircraft information. This ensure we get the correct information for you. TCX fly to several airports in Turkey and aircraft are sometimes changed depending on the date, for example during school holidays. MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2822/2869) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos as well as seat maps. This aircraft type doesn't have seat back screens, they are overhead. They don't have inflight entertainment shown although they do have external flight cameras fitted so you can watch the aircraft take-off and land from the belly mounted camera.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I am aware Thomas Cook only fly once weekly to LEI - on the Thursday, I think it's the 26th July if I'm not mistaken I travel on, will take note of your advice it being a 757-200, (this was the aircraft type planned to be used last year but upon checking in it had changed to the Airbus A320), the invoice etc is the same this year, stating 757-200, will have to wait til we go, fingers crossed it will be the A320 again as definitely found this more roomy than the 757 !!

Many Thanks for your help on this one, much appreciated.
Hi Darren,

Which aircraft will be used for the following flight:

Gatwick (LGW) to Montego Bay (MBJ)
TCX248 - Operated by Thomas Cook Airlines
Depart: LGW at 09:50 on 09 Jun 12
Arrive: MBJ at 14:00 on 09 Jun 12
Montego Bay (MBJ) to Gatwick (LGW)
TCX249 - Operated by Thomas Cook Airlines
Depart: MBJ at 16:00 on 23 Jun 12
Arrive: LGW at 07:20 on 24 Jun 12

And will there be inflight entertainment and additional charge for blankets, etc?

Thanks in advance.
LovesJA,

LGW-MBJ-LGW (TCX248/9) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There's no charge for blankets (on the inbound, overnight sector).

Darren
Hi can i ask if thomas cook are now doing night before check-in of bags from manchester T1 .
thanks brian
Thomas Cook are doing a Sundown Check In at Manchester. The check-in desks open from 16:00 - 22:00 the night before, for flights that depart up to 12:00pm the following day.
thanks for the quick reply Sunaddict can i still check-in online 7 days before i depart then take my bags to manchester T1 ( 1600-2200hrs) before my early morning flight , thanks brian .
You can check in online and use the Sundown desk as a bag drop as long as you have selected your seat numbers, submitted API, and are not flying to the USA, Cuba or Banjul. Online check in is not available for those destinations.
Been monitoring my flight Man to Antalya TCX 2994 10:05 hrs today ( I am flying 04/11/12) Departed 15.16hrs

7 hour delay for the scheduled departure :yikes

Anyone in the know as to why such a delay?

Thanks in advance

Becky67
Becky67,

Delays happen for any number of reasons, sometimes out of the control of the airline. The aircraft was late inbound from what I can see. Delays are as inconvenient for the airlines and airports as they are for passengers and strive to get aircraft and passengers away on time as much as possible. Just because a flight is delayed one week, doesn't mean it will be the next. I've had a 52 hour delay in the past. What will be will be on the day.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.