Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hI THERE

Flying to Holguin Cuba on 02/10/2012 on TCX134 i think - can you advise where the preceding flight arrives from?

Charlie
Pickflick,

The aircraft (A332) operating TCX134/5 should be coming in from Punta Cana (TCX216/7).

Darren
Hello
We are flying man to dal fri 27th July I am wondering if the plane has changed and where the in bound flight will be from our flight no is tcx2822 leaving Manchester at 18:55
Jasp36,

There has been no change of aircraft as mentioned in my last reply. The aircraft should be operating to Tenerife (TCX2038/9) before your flight.

Darren
Hi Darren hope your ok. Could you please tell me what plane we will be on dep bhx 8th aug 7.35 am - Ibiza. Thank you sooo much :-) its Thomas Cook
ami123,

BHX-IBZ-BHX (assuming TCX4004/5?) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi , flying today on TCX1416 to Kos, can you tell me where the plane will be arriving to Gatwick from ? Thanks
tracytreacle1,

The aircraft should be coming in from Dalaman (TCX3549). TCX1416 is on time at the moment.

Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Thanks so much....seats are row 45 and 46 ... Which aircraft is it... Tcx1416 :)
Hi,

Myself and My wife were due to return from Mexico on Monday July 30th after our honeymoon. The flight was due to depart at 15.25 and we boarded at 14.35.

We were all on board the flight and ready to depart when the pilot said the engineer needed to change a computer due to some regulations and we will still depart on time. 2 hours later we were still aboard the plane and the pilot eventually announced we would go back to the terminal to wait due to a problem with the change over.

Despite requesting numerous times at the terminal. i was refused water by thomas cook staff because they didnt know when the flight would be ready to take off. I had spent the last of my mexican money before we went on board after seeing the flight was to depart on time so i could not even by myself a bottle of water.

At 20.00 it was announced the flight was cancelled for the evening due to the problem they had putting in this new computer and we would all be sent to a ai hotel for the night. i asked for water again and was told this was not possible.

We did not arrive at the hotel until 11pm that night. After getting soemthing to eat, We went to the room and discovered the room was in a section of the hotel closed off due to building works. the room itself was nice but had not been used for months and smelled. We also realised there was no towells so we phoned reception and at 12 30am someone arrived with some towels. In the morning we also noticed there was no shower gel or shampoo and had to again call for this.

We had also paid for vip check in and lounge access and on the tuesday when we returned to the airport we were told we would not get that for our flight home that day.

In total the flight was delayed for 24 hours before take off and i was wondering if i would be able to claim for compensation? i want my mobile calls refunded as well as the cost of the vip check in and the money back for an unpaid day off work my wife has had to take.

Does anyone know if i would be entitled to anything back? If this is wrong forum can you point me in the correct direction?
mcassidy3,

The simple answer is no, you probably won't be entitled to any compensation as Thomas Cook did what they needed to. The only thing I would say is after 3 hours, you should have received a voucher for a drink / meal (normally about £5) or provided with something. In terms of compensation, what is it you are wanting compensation for? To receive compensation, you need to have lost or not received something. Thomas Cook put you in an all inclusive hotel for the evening until the aircraft was fully servicable to bring you back so you don't have any out of pocket expenses. Your only form of 'compensation' is likely to come from a claim via your holiday insurance but even thier, it's probalby not worth it as you'll likely have an excess to pay and you don't have any expenses to recoup, only delayed travel. I know where you are coming from, I've been in your exact position a couple of times although for a lot longer than 24 hours (actually 52 hours the last time). It's just one of those things that happen with aviation. Aircraft have technical problems from time to time and while engineers try to fix the problem, you'll have had people rushing around behind the scenes organising hotels and transport for 300+ people, that's no mean feat at what is the busiest time of the year for travel. By all means write to Thomas Cook with what you want, but don't be surprised to just get referred to your holiday insurance. With regards to the lounge access, you did actually receive what you payed for and got the lounge the day you were supposed to travel so again, there's nothing to be compensated for as you didn't actually lose anything.

Darren
Hi im flying on the TCX2684 on 22nd August from Manchester to Izmir, could you tell me what type of aircraft it is? And does this aircraft have 2 isle? Thanks :)
dani-14,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-ADB-MAN (TCX2684/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below), including a link to the seating plan, aircraft and cabin photos. The aircraft is a widebody with 2 isles.

Darren
Hi, Do you know what Aircraft Thomas Cook will be using from Manchester to Punta cana Dominican Republic in July 2013? poss the 8th of July returning on the 22nd?
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.