Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jim98,

There's a cabin photo here. The economy cabin is the only one applicable.

Darren
Darren,

So at least I get it straight from the horse's mouth; you've actually flown on it. I can see it's got setback IFE so I'm ok with that. Strangely enough I contacted Thomas Cook through their web chat service and the 'advisor' said he had no knowledge of TC having this aircraft, I know it's not in service but I thought they'd have some basic information.
Thanks again.

Jim
jim98 wrote:
Darren,

So at least I get it straight from the horse's mouth; you've actually flown on it. I can see it's got setback IFE so I'm ok with that. Strangely enough I contacted Thomas Cook through their web chat service and the 'advisor' said he had no knowledge of TC having this aircraft, I know it's not in service but I thought they'd have some basic information.
Thanks again.

Jim

Thomas Cook confirmed a while ago, the seats they had chosen would have IFE fitted. I think the seats it had when BMI operated it were stripped out, as it was originally going to be scrapped.
jim98,

There's been a lot of confusion over this aircraft for the last few months and TCX will received it on 1st November for preparation for service in December from memory. Advisors don't always have the information to pass on.

Darren
The first flight I've noticed it scheduled as operating is MAN-HOG on 6th November.
Hi Dazbo
I know its a bit previous but any idea what equipment is likely to be used for TCX 1372/3 8th and 15th may 2014

thanks Brian
Wizard,

LGW-KGS-LGW (TCX1372/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Make a change form an Airbus!

Darren
Any idea of the IFE on the ex-BMI A330 after the Paris flight?
Does anyone know what the heck is the matter with TC's website? I've been looking for a flight from Stansted to Enfidha on 3rd May and have actually seen the TC one on the Travel Republic website. However, when I go into the TC website to compare prices, it keeps returning me to the beginning. On one link I actually got as far as inputting dates and number of passengers (1) and a price came up. I ticked to proceed and it said I needed to put in the number of passengers, which I'd already done, and threw me out again. :banghead: I'm obviously in no particular hurry but this has been happening for weeks now and it's driving me crazy. :que Incidentally this flight is not showing on other sites I've looked at.
Flythomascook is working perfectly ok for me. No problem bringing that flight up, and getting right through to the payment page.
That's really odd because I've been trying for the past couple of weeks, using the various links they have on Google. :roll: I'll try your again link later and see what happens, though as I said I'm in no actual rush to book. Travel Republic is coming up with a good price but then there's another £44 for hold luggage which is really beyond a joke.
Tried again via your link. Filled in details including 1 passenger, submitted and was sent back to beginning. Filled in everything again, price came up, clicked to agree concerning return flight being necessary, got message to say needed number of passengers, then the form came up again but with tomorrow's date and everything else blank. :banghead:
Try going in from the homepage
http://www.flythomascook.com/#intcmp=topnav_home

It's still working ok for me, so maybe it's a problem with your browser?
Tried that. Same as before. Fill in details, click to continue, goes straight back to a blank form with nothing but 9th November and 2 passengers filled in. To add insult to injury I'm on another Tunisian forum at the moment and TC have just put an ad on for flights Stansted to Enfidha for under £100, but guess what, when I click on that I only get the same TC website.

I'm not having any problem with any other sites so I doubt it's my browser. :evil: Anyway, I've had more than enough of them for now so won't even look again until after Christmas, when I'll either book through Travel Republic or try a TC shop. Unfortunately they are the only airline which flies that route at that time of year so I'm stuck with them.
It must be a setting somewhere on your browser/computer, I have just check your route and dates and going out on the 3rd and returning 2 weeks? later including checked in luggage it is working out at a total of £196.98 and the website is working perfectly :que
Thanks Graham. It seems I'll have to accept that it is my browser, though I can't see why it should apparently only affect that site. I'll get one of my computer expert sons to have a look at it when he's got a moment. At least it looks as though I may get a flight for just under £200.
They are quite fly (no pun intended :) ) with their pricing, the return flight is only a total of £60 it is the outbound flight that makes it almost £200, that flight on the 3rd looks to be the first flight going out for the season.

Aslemma I don't know if that is the only date you can go however I have tried looking at a few other date combinations but the return prices are then creeping up, it does appear to be around the £200 mark for both flights including 20kg luggage.

Just a though try booking the TC flight through this http://www.skyscanner.net/ and see if that works :que

IMPORTANT the flights leave UK on the Sat however it is early hours of SUNDAY morning it leaves Tunisia so search for example -

Depart Stanstead Sat 3rd May and return on Sun 18th May

Graham

:think PS, Is it Internet Explorer you use to browse? if so try using a different browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox and see if they work better.
Hi Graham, Strangely enough I did try Skyscanner and they couldn't even find the flight. :rofl According to TR, the first flight is on 4th May so I have to enter that, they then say there are no flights that day and offer me the 3rd (which I've known all along).

I can't actually book anything at present. I don't want to go :offtop so I'll PM you, but there don't seem to be any flights from Stansted until then and if leave it much later than May it gets too hot for me out there. I seriously suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Thanks again for checking for me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.