Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Mobor One,

They haven't released a seat plan as yet as far as I know. It's an all economy layout with 2-4-2 throughout. Seats A/C are together, there's no B seat. It's similar to that of the Boeing 767-300 to give you an idea of what it'll be like, but row numbers won't be accurate.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I would have thought they kept seat B and got rid of C, but I suppose there must be some aviation reason why they kept A and C!!
Hi

Dazbo, is the A330 that is featured in the youtube video the ex BMI plane Thomas cook acquired last year?

Thanks
Anthony
Seat A is always a window seat and seat C is an aisle seat throughout the aircraft.
Hi Darren

Regarding seat layouts. Is the assumption that all planes are 3 - 4 - 3, ie abc defg hij

And depending on the actual configuration, a and J are always windows and c d g and h are always aisles?

Apologies if I'm sounding dim, but quite interested to know the reasoning.
A lot of planes are not teh wide body type, and have only 3-3 config. Those are abc - def

But again, when there are some 2-2 where the fuselage narrows, they will be ac - df
Mobor One,

Aircraft configurations vary greatly based on aircraft type and the interiors airlines install in them. For example, the Airbus A330-200 commonly have a 2-4-2 configuration in economy, but some carriers like TCX and Monarch fit 3-3-3 in them, the exception being the ex-Bmi that still has the 2-4-2. It's difficult to generalise as there are lots of different aircraft types.

Darren
Hello
I have just booked a Thomas cook holiday to Turkey on 30th May. I thought it was TC flights until I tried to book seats and then realised its a monarch flight number ZB 826 and ZB 827

I have a couple of questions!
Does this now mean I am unable to book seats at all or can I book with monarch? The same with online check in??
Also, if I wanted extras like ordering a bottle of champagne on board (hubbies 50th the day we fly) who do I book, or even can I??

Feel a bit cheated if I cannot do any of the above!!! That's why I booked with Thomas Cook!!

Sorry for so many questions

Thanks
Right at the start of the booking process it tells you which airline the holiday is on.

Thomas Cook will only send their manifest to Monarch about a week prior to departure. If you contact Monarch then you may be able to choose seats and add champagne. You won't be able to check in online.
Hi, thinking if booking flights tomorrow to Goa from Man 5/3/2014 returning 26/3/2014, have heard that they have changed aircraft to a smaller now with no Ife how can I check this out please? :que
Thank you
bluemoon,

TCX114/5 and TCX138/9 from MAN to GOI are operated by their regular Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi

Could I please ask which aircraft for flight TCX2536 Man-Ssh on Sunday 9th March?

Many Thanks
delly70,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TCX2536/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what aircraft type will operate tcx2526 7th July and tcx2527 15th July.
Thanks Chris
Cheeky999,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2526/7) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Thanks for that, do you know if these aircraft have ife on them?
Cheers
Cheeky999,

All the information you're looking for is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). They have overhead screens with mainscreen IFE and external flight cameras.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.