Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Dazbo

Thanks for that.
I believe this is the Ex BMI plane which is servicing a lot of long haul routes.
If so, this is a plane I've been on before flying to Mexico.
Wish I hadn't booked the extra legroom now as the standard seat pitch was more than adequate.

Anthony
Hi

I am travelling on TCX 2112 on Thursday 18 September MAN-ZTH-MAN returning on TCX 2113 a week later. I know its a B757-200 but have you any idea which frames are currently based at MAN or are we still too far out.

Thank you.

Paul
mozza6910,

It varies week by week as aircraft are rotated for operational reasons. There's very little difference with them all so does it make any difference?

Darren
Cheers Dazbo

It doesn't really matter, was just wondering.

Paul
I'm flying to dalaman from glasgow in August next year on the 757-200 will they be refitted by then?
Hello,
I'm flight Gatwick to Hurghada 17th October - TCX 1638 - can you please let me know which aircraft this is and what sector it is completing before operating becoming TCX1638
many thanks

Gregg
Gregg,

LGW-HRG-LGW (TCX1638/9) are operated by Boeing 757-300.

Darren
Due to travel Gatwick to Goa in December, and have pre-booked the seats and the layout is 2-4-2. Is this the ex-BMI plane? Is there any info or pictures of the interior? The plane has no Premium cabin only economy.

It looks like when TCs planes are refurbed, Premium will only be available from Manchester. Strange?
Mobor One wrote:
Due to travel Gatwick to Goa in December, and have pre-booked the seats and the layout is 2-4-2. Is this the ex-BMI plane? Is there any info or pictures of the interior? The plane has no Premium cabin only economy.

It looks like when TCs planes are refurbed, Premium will only be available from Manchester. Strange?

That is the ex BMI A330. It will be based at Gatwick this winter, as opposed to Manchester where it's been for last winter and this summer. They don't operate many longhaul routes out of Gatwick. There are videos of it on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPeyLTGXKjM
Hi. Was wondering if anyone was able to help?
We're flying MAN - LPA - MAN on 13th November. The seat configuration is 3-3, unsure which model plane! I know in previous years this journey has been done on a plane with a seat configuration 2-4-2. Is there any chance the plane will get changed from the 3-3 to the 2-4-2?
Sorry if that all seems quite strange!
Thankyou

EDIT: Sorry, should have said the flight code is TCX2018/2019!
  • Edited by galare 2014-10-06 11:48:00
galare wrote:
Hi. Was wondering if anyone was able to help?
We're flying MAN - LPA - MAN on 13th November. The seat configuration is 3-3, unsure which model plane! I know in previous years this journey has been done on a plane with a seat configuration 2-4-2. Is there any chance the plane will get changed from the 3-3 to the 2-4-2?
Sorry if that all seems quite strange!
Thankyou

I think the 767s (2-4-2) are operating for one of their sister airlines this winter, so probably won't change. I'm guessing it will be an A321 that operates your flight, but Darren will check for you I'm sure.
Hi, we're flying to Barbados from Manchester on 2/11/2014, flight TCX 854. Can you please tell me the aircraft type and will it be a refurbished model? Returning to Manchester 13/11/2014 TCX816

Thank you.
Cadge16,

MAN-BGI-MAN (TCX854/816) are operated by Airbus A330-200 in the new configuration (2-4-2).

Darren
Hi

Do you know why Thomas Cook seem to reserve rows 32 - 42 DEF on all flights? In particular I am looking at TCX718 MAN-LAS on 29 Oct but i notice all flights have this. Is it for tickets sold but where the traveller hasn't reserved a seat? Anyway of knowing how full this flight is? Thanks
It won't be for people that haven't paid to prebook seats. They may be booked out to a tour operator. No way that I know of to check how full the flight is that I am aware of.
Hi Dazbo,

I am flying to Cancun next year in March on Thomas Cook TCX 242 (332-321) is this an newly refurbished plane?

Anyone know if the armrests move on these new planes as they didnt last year and I couldnt cuddle up to my partner!

Thank you for any help!
Lisav,

That's correct. The A332 fleet will be refurbished from December 2014.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.