Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
sheeshon,

Those seats are behind a bulkhead and are therefore available to those under the age of 17 etc. Being behind a bulkhead, they do offer greater room over standard seats, but less room than an exit row as they have the width of the door infront. Those behind bulkheads obviously have a limit to which you can stretch your legs out.

Darren
Hi Dazbo,

I just spoke to Thomas Cook online and they have advised that my flight from London Gatwick to Cancun on March 30th will not be an refurb plane. It states it is a 332-321 airbus with a 2-4-2 configuration, but I cannot get that to match any seat maps on seatguru. Can you help at all? I am interested in seat width, pitch and if the IFE is on demand or on a loop. When I flew with them last year, they had a premium economy section, but this year it doesnt, and the configuration last year was 3-4-3 and this year is 2-4-2 all the way through.

Thanks for your help.
Lisa
The 30th is scheduled on a refubished aircraft. It's the all economy ex BMI that was refurbished in 2013, when it joined TC. Seatguru haven't caught up with that one yet :que

IFE is on demand. Seat pitch is the same as all their A330s, 31" and width approx 17/17.5" on the ex BMI.
Sunaddict wrote:
The 30th is scheduled on a refubished aircraft. It's the all economy ex BMI that was refurbished in 2013, when it joined TC. Seatguru haven't caught up with that one yet :que

IFE is on demand. Seat pitch is the same as all their A330s, 31" and width approx 17/17.5" on the ex BMI.

Thank you!!!
Hi Darren, you have helped before but flight has changed now it seems.
We fly 5/7/15 man-antalya tcx2548
Returning 17/7/15 tcx2559.
Can you please advise which aircraft?
The config is 3-3 going out and 2-4-2 coming home. Thank you.
BON VOYAGE,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TCX2548/2559) are operated by Boeing 757-200 / Boeing 767-300/ER respectively.

Darren
Morning!

On the TCX 172 GLA-LAS on 6th July, I believe a new Air Tanker A330 with all economy layout.

My question is of the layout of Seats 2A & 2C. Is there a bulkhead between the seats & the galley/door or is just open to the world leaving all & sundry to mill about whilst I try to get some kip? :)

Thanks in advance!

Bob
BobAgg,

There's normally a bulkhead but as the aircraft isn't in service yet, I can't say I've seen it!

Darren
Thanks Darren!

The seat map when 'choosing a seat' & the map on the 'Fleet Info' page of the Tam Cook website are different!

Time will tell!

Cheers again!
We are flying Man to LV on Friday (10th April) on TCX 724. Does anyone know what plane they are using?

Thanks!
ukusa,

MAN-LAS-MAN (TCX724/5) are operated by Airbus A330-200.

Darren
Thank you. That is what I thought. But, on another forum people were saying that there had been a plane change and I couldn't see what they were talking about except that they were expecting the new planes and I wasn't expecting them.
ukusa,

It'll be the new configuration outbound and old configuration inbound if that's what you mean? All are A332's though.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I am not sure what that means. We are premium in seats 2a and 2c both ways. How does that effect me?
Departure tax from Mexico.

Hi, I have just checked with Thomas cook and all flights from 1st May back from Cancun will include departure tax.
Nice wee saving.

This is part of the transcript from TC
Thank you for your patience. I can confirm that the departure tax is included in your total price and you will not be required to pay a departure tax locally, this is new rule that all flights departing after xx.xx.xxxx have this tax included in the total price
BobAgg wrote:
Morning!

On the TCX 172 GLA-LAS on 6th July, I believe a new Air Tanker A330 with all economy layout.

My question is of the layout of Seats 2A & 2C. Is there a bulkhead between the seats & the galley/door or is just open to the world leaving all & sundry to mill about whilst I try to get some kip? :)

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Hi, bob if you go to TC our fleet there is a PDF of the Airtanker config.
BobAgg wrote:
Thanks Darren!

The seat map when 'choosing a seat' & the map on the 'Fleet Info' page of the Tam Cook website are different!

Time will tell!

Cheers again!

The seat map when choosing a seat should be the correct one. The one on the fleet info page is the ex BMI aircraft. I thought the Air Tanker was having a Row 1 A/C (according to the plan during booking).
Hi

Does anyone know if you can book-in on-line if you haven't pre-booked seats with Thomas Cook? Booked a package holiday to Kefalonia from Birmingham next month, but not paid for any extras like seats and meals etc, but would like to book-in on-line if possible, if free of charge.
Dumbo wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know if you can book-in on-line if you haven't pre-booked seats with Thomas Cook? Booked a package holiday to Kefalonia from Birmingham next month, but not paid for any extras like seats and meals etc, but would like to book-in on-line if possible, if free of charge.

If the flight is on Thomas Cook Airlines, yes you can. The system will automatically allocate seats for you, on a random basis. If you don't like them then you would have to pay to change them to seats of your own choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.