Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

I'm flying TFS - MAN on 30/6/15, flight number TCX2137. What aircraft will this be on please?

Many thanks

Phil
planeboyphil,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-TFS-MAN (TCX2136/7) are operated by Airbus A330-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your reply. Do you know if this aircraft has IFE on each seat?

Thanks again

Phil
planeboyphil,

You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where everything is detailed. The aircraft is equipped with seat back IFE.

Darren
Hi, does anyone know the situation re departure tax when departing Varadero airport after May 1st? We are returning on 14th May with Thomas Cook and I have read on another forum that there will be no provision to pay departure tax at the airport as, from May 1st, it should be collected by your flight provider. As of yet, we have heard nothing from Thomas Cook.
Cadge16 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know the situation re departure tax when departing Varadero airport after May 1st? We are returning on 14th May with Thomas Cook and I have read on another forum that there will be no provision to pay departure tax at the airport as, from May 1st, it should be collected by your flight provider. As of yet, we have heard nothing from Thomas Cook.

There will be nowhere at the Cuban airports to pay departure tax after May 1st. They are doing away with the booths.

I wouldn't worry about it. TC will shout soon enough if they want it, and if they don't............. ;)
Hi I've already put this post on complaints but might be better suited here. We go to mexico nxt Sunday 3-5-15 flight number TCX324 Thomas Cook Airlines Airbus A330. I got email saying plane been changed. Seats I think are smaller and it over the head screens instead of personnel ones on back of seats. Don't know which aircraft it is and whether it will be a difficult 10 1/2 flight with little leg room and no screen. Many thanks
janeybabe,

There are never any guarantees what actual aircraft will be operating your flight. It's covered under the terms and conditions of bookings. While it's not ideal, at least you'll be getting to your destination on time (hopefully!). The aircraft is more than adequate for the flight, just not as plush at the aircraft originally planned for your flight that you'll hopefully have for your return leg. Overhead screens aren't as good as seat back but are watchable, its just you don't have a choice of what film you watch and when. Until to a few years ago, this was standard, and still is on many airlines so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Darren
Hi Janeybabe

I'm going on may 15th and have had the same email
as far as I can gather TC have leased a plane from air tanker and it was being converted from military use into commercial (same plane Airbus 330) it was suppose to being refitted with all the same seat/seatback entertainment as TC'S own long haul planes have had. All I can think is its either late being finished so have had to use a non converted airtanker airbus or the refit has been scraped and there just using it as it was with its original seats/ entertainment ? watch this space I have a mate who works in Thomas cook so trying to find out more information.

Cheers Andy
evert0nfc wrote:
Hi Janeybabe

as far as I can gather TC have leased a plane from air tanker and it was being converted from military use into commercial (same plane Airbus 330) it was suppose to being refitted with all the same seat/seatback entertainment as TC'S own long haul planes have had. All I can think is its either late being finished so have had to use a non converted airtanker airbus or the refit has been scraped and there just using it as it was with its original seats/ entertainment ? watch this space I have a mate who works in Thomas cook so trying to find out more information.

Cheers Andy

As far as I know it will be ready for May. It went into Brize Norton at the beginning of February. It couldn't be used for commercial use the way it was. It has had to go through a full military to civil conversion. As well as removing all military equipment it's had to be completely refitted with all new seats with seatback IFE. It would not be allowed to fly commercially with military equipment still installed.
Sunaddict wrote:
evert0nfc wrote:
Hi Janeybabe

Cheers Andy

As far as I know it will be ready for May. It went into Brize Norton at the beginning of February. It couldn't be used for commercial use the way it was. It has had to go through a full military to civil conversion. As well as removing all military equipment it's had to be completely refitted with all new seats with seatback IFE. It would not be allowed to fly commercially with military equipment still installed.

Hi Sunaddict

That what I've read and was lead to believe but the email we have received states that the seats are the Old style 34" pitch (which tbh is quite generous) and the IFE is overhead screen type. So either they have decided not to do the seat/ife conversion or Thomas Cook have wrongly advised us with the original spec of the aircraft? Due to go in 3 weeks so will find out soon enough I suppose
evert0nfc,

I suspect they're using one of their sister airlines aircraft that's on lease for the summer to fill in, but that's just a guess. They've never operated 34" seat pitch in economy, only 33".

Darren
evert0nfc wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
evert0nfc wrote:
Hi Janeybabe

Cheers Andy

Hi Sunaddict

That what I've read and was lead to believe but the email we have received states that the seats are the Old style 34" pitch (which tbh is quite generous) and the IFE is overhead screen type. So either they have decided not to do the seat/ife conversion or Thomas Cook have wrongly advised us with the original spec of the aircraft? Due to go in 3 weeks so will find out soon enough I suppose

I suspect neither, other than a change of aircraft from what was originally scheduled. There's a thread running on TA about this.
Hi Darren,

We are flying Birmingham - Corfu on 25/05/15. Flight number is TCX4118. Will this be one of the relatively new A321 aircraft do you know?

Thanks

Sarah
sarahavfc1,

BHX-CFU-BHX (TCX4118/9) are indeed operated by Airbus A321-200. Aircraft aren't normally assigned to one particular airport or route, they are rotated regularly for maintenance so it's impossible to say which aircraft in the fleet it will be this far in advance.

Darren
Thanks Darren for the quick reply. Do you know if there is any in flight entertainment?

Thanks again.

Sarah
sarahavfc1,

All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to the current listings. A321's have IFE installed.

Darren
Hi Darren.

Can you please tell me what aircraft operated TCX2462 MCR - Lanzarote on 13th April. Couldn't see the ID from the walkways.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.