Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
riding air wrote:
HI Fly to LAS, that's gotta hurt!

Why would it hurt anymore than on a TCX A330?
Sunaddict wrote:
riding air wrote:

Because the leg room is shocking and it has no seat back entertainment; not enjoyable for an 11 hour flight to LAS.
riding air wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
riding air wrote:

Because the leg room is shocking and it has no seat back entertainment; not enjoyable for an 11 hour flight to LAS.

The Hi-Fly A330 doing the EGPF-KLAS run on 6th July has 32" seat pitch as opposed to 31" on the Air Tanker & does have Seatback IFE. It also has 38" seat pitch it's 42 seat 'business cabin' so if you've pre-booked on rows 1-6 & Thomas Cook don't decide to shift you then you're onto a winner.
Hi - we are on Thomas Cook flight TCX8146 from Doncaster to Palma on 21st July and wanting to pre-book seats. Would anyone be able to tell me why seat 12F says BLOCKED/INOPERABLE in the seat descriptions? Is there actually a seat there? Would the seat next to it be affected by this (eg narrower etc)? Sorry if this is a dumb question but am v.curious!
Thank you for any replies!
We are flying from Glasgow to dalaman on the 11th August this year, I think we are on a 757 can you tell me if has been refurbished please, many thanks for your reply
Difficult to predict as aircraft are rotated on a regular basis.
Hiya,

We have just booked Manchester to Cuba, we have pre-booked seats could you please tell me if these seats have a full window please. Also are they both over the wing?

TCX 244 outbound 21st Sept 2015 seats 20 H & K
TCX 245 inbound 5 th Oct 2015 seats 16 H & K

Also which aircraft is it and is it a refurbished one please.

Many thanks
Anne
;) ;)
paradiselover wrote:
Hiya,

We have just booked Manchester to Cuba, we have pre-booked seats could you please tell me if these seats have a full window please. Also are they both over the wing?

TCX 244 outbound 21st Sept 2015 seats 20 H & K
TCX 245 inbound 5 th Oct 2015 seats 16 H & K

Also which aircraft is it and is it a refurbished one please.

Many thanks
Anne
;) ;)

All Thomas Cook longhaul flights are operated by A330s and they've all been refurbished.
Hiya sunaddict,

Thanks for your reply, it's a long time since we flew with Thomas Cook, we've been using Thomson and jet2 recently.

We went on the Dreamliner last year and that was good. Have you any idea about those seat numbers please, I hate sitting next to a blanked out window.

Kind regards,
Anne
paradiselover wrote:
Hiya sunaddict,

Thanks for your reply, it's a long time since we flew with Thomas Cook, we've been using Thomson and jet2 recently.

We went on the Dreamliner last year and that was good. Have you any idea about those seat numbers please, I hate sitting next to a blanked out window.

Kind regards,
Anne

I'm not 100% sure on window blanks since the seat pitch was reduced when they were refurbished.
Sunaddict,

Oh no what is the seat pitch now? I always found thomas Cook long haul to be good.

Anne
paradiselover wrote:
Sunaddict,

Oh no what is the seat pitch now? I always found thomas Cook long haul to be good.

Anne

It's a minimum of 31" in economy, the same as most scheduled airlines. The seats are the new slim line ones though, so actual leg room is about the same as before.
Just wondered what I can expect from our flight from Man to Cun February '16.

I was expecting the flight to be one of the refurbished A330's with Premium but have gone online to reserve seats and its showing flight TCX116 with a 2-4-2 configuration and no standard economy all the way through.

Is this likely to be an old seat configuration flight on an A330 or something else?

Thanks

Sorry. Question should read "TCX 116 with a 2-4-2 configuration and no standard economy all the way through." I.e. No Premium Seating?
  • Edited by nwragg 2015-07-10 19:23:16
nwragg,

Welcome onboard :tup
It will be a refurbished aircraft, they all are.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
nwragg,

Welcome onboard :tup
It will be a refurbished aircraft, they all are.

Darren

Thanks. I must admit I'm disappointed there are no Premium seats. It's a treat for my wife...
Good job she's only 4'9"
riding air wrote:
G - TCXB positioned up from Perpignan into Manchester last night, and is now currently doing TCX848 to JFK!

G - VYGK is not currently flying so assuming has gone into refit today.

Also of note G-OMYT went Tec (again) in Cuba yesterday again, due to land into Manchester around 20hrs late!!!

The Hi-Fly to Vegas did hurt, I take back my previous post about their A330 on the TCX contract! Squashed into a 3-3-3 configuration, 4 films on the IFE 2 of which were in French. I know there's no time to give the long-haul cabins a thorough clean but this one was filthy! Can't wait for it back to Glasgow later today, my window seat hasn't got a window!
Any idea what inflight entertainment is being shown on TC flight to Zante from Bristol, also what is the inflight meal choice ,thanks for any replies
Llindy,

The details for ife are linked from our what aircraft guide.

Darren
Hi, I am flying from Gatwick to Antalya on Thursday 30th July at 0750 (TCX1524). Are you able to let me know where this plane will be flying in from so that I can track its progress.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.