Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

Flying MAN - IBZ on 10/10/15 TCX2008

Found it strange there was no return flight available on their website so I'm guessing this is their final flight of the season perhaps?

Also had a look on Flightmapper and there was no info on the flight either!

I'm guessing 757-200 - any idea on the aircraft from the info you have?

Thanks in advance!
jc1,

MAN-IBZ-MAN (TCX2008/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200. There are flights for a few weeks later, but availability is very limited.

Darren
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any idea what operates the Sunday MAN-DLM-MAN TCX2826/7 as I have relatives travelling on it on 13/09 & 20/09
TCX_Flyer wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what operates the Sunday MAN-DLM-MAN TCX2826/7 as I have relatives travelling on it on 13/09 & 20/09

Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Flying to Majorca at 6am tomorrow morning, I know we are on a b763 but just wondered if anybody knows with actual aircraft reg it will be?

Thanks
Hi

Due to fly this Friday 4th Sept Glasgow TO Orlando booking is saying we are flying on Air Tanker Airbus
pre booked seats as per seat plan , some speculation it is going to be The Hi Fly Airbus , different seat plan

anyone got info? cheers
Hello,

We are flying to Dalaman on 22nd Sep flight no TCX 2774 and return on the 30th Sept flight TCX 2853 could you please let us know which planes these will be, thanks in advance.
calderbraes wrote:
Hi

Due to fly this Friday 4th Sept Glasgow TO Orlando booking is saying we are flying on Air Tanker Airbus
pre booked seats as per seat plan , some speculation it is going to be The Hi Fly Airbus , different seat plan

anyone got info? cheers

Hi Fly aren't currently operating for TCX since the Air Tanker came back at weekend.
Littlebit,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2774/2853) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi All,

Looking a bit of advice. Booking Manchester to Dominican Republic July 2016 premium cabin 2 adults and twin infants. Think we may be assigned seats 1A and 1C due to infants.

Can anyone comment on the legroom in the first row? Is there less due to the bulkhead. I know they have new premium seats, any pics / advice appreciated. We thought it may be possible if there is enough room to sit infants on ground to stretch their legs now and again throuout the flight. They will have to sit on our lap as they will be too big for bassinet. They will be about 18months old.

Allymc316
allymc316 wrote:
Hi All,

Looking a bit of advice. Booking Manchester to Dominican Republic July 2016 premium cabin 2 adults and twin infants. Think we may be assigned seats 1A and 1C due to infants.

Can anyone comment on the legroom in the first row? Is there less due to the bulkhead. I know they have new premium seats, any pics / advice appreciated. We thought it may be possible if there is enough room to sit infants on ground to stretch their legs now and again throuout the flight. They will have to sit on our lap as they will be too big for bassinet. They will be about 18months old.

Allymc316

You'll have to select which seats you want. They don't get assigned to you. There is only one seat per row of 2 or 3 seats suitable for lap infants, so you won't be able to seat adjacent to each other. The seats in premium are the A/F/K seats. To all sit adjacent you would need to purchase a seat for one infant and use a car seat for them (safest way for them to travel) and then you could have a row of 3 in the centre. Thomas Cook do not have bassinets on their aircraft. Please don't put infants/children on the floor for obvious safety reasons. Heaven forbid in the event of sudden turbulence the overhead lockers are very unforgiving. They should be safely belted in like you are, at all times you are seated.
Hi sunaddict,

Thanks for replying to me. Sorry my initial post may have implied we were for simply sitting them on the ground. I was meaning that we could stand them in front of us for a short time so they were not sitting for 10 hours space permitting. I understand the safety aspect of laying them on the floor.

What is the difference between having a child on a lap or car seat with regards to being able to sit beside each other? I thought the reason for splitting you up was because of the position of infant oxygen masks. So there would only be one mask in the row of three in premium so it wouldn't make any difference buying an extra seat. When booking flights through flythomascook I can see the seats we are assigned before booking. These are showing as 1A and 1C that's why I thought we could sit together.
The head of a toddler of 18 months is close to being full grown and hence my understanding is that they can safely use the standard adult mask - it's not a case of these extra masks being specially just for babies. So booking a third seat in a row of 3 suitable for toddlers guarantees that you will be able to all sit together and all have an oxygen mask in an emergency because there will be 4 masks in that row.

Given you are travelling longhaul, having a 3rd seat that you can alternate the children between could be a sanity preserver. Managing the journey and meal times with both of you having a toddler on your lap could turn into a nightmare. And that is another reason for not booking a bulkhead seat - the tables for them are usually housed in the arm of the seat and fold out. Unless you are both very slim there is simply not enough room between you and the table to fit an 18 month old toddler on your lap. I've watched even moderately overweight passengers struggle to get the table in place and still have room to breathe!

SM
Just to add the arm rests are all fixed in premium. They house the tray tables in all seats, not just bulkhead. The bulkhead IFE screens are stored at leg level in the bulkhead seats, and pull up on arms.
Even more reason then to pay for a seat for one of them!

SM
I've never flown (scheduled) with Thomas Cook Airlines.

Once EasyJet release their Summer 2016 flights, I'll be comparing prices with them and a few other scheduled airlines for return flights from Gatwick to Menorca, 8-14 July.

Can anyone tell me, please, what the likelihood is of Thomas Cook changing the flight time once booked, and how reliable they tend to be?

I'm posting the same question in a couple of other threads.
Pippy wrote:

Once EasyJet release their Summer 2016 flights, I'll be comparing prices with them and a few other scheduled airlines for return flights from Gatwick to Menorca, 8-14 July.

Can anyone tell me, please, what the likelihood is of Thomas Cook changing the flight time once booked, and how reliable they tend to be?

When you're booking flights so far ahead the possibility is quite high. The flight day could change as well as the flight times. It seems to happen more so with charter airlines (Thomas Cook and Thomson). Airport slots aren't allocated so far in advance. When Easyjet (low cost carrier) release the remainder of their summer 2016 flights in October, slots still won't be confirmed.
Sunaddict wrote:
Pippy wrote:

When you're booking flights so far ahead the possibility is quite high. The flight day could change as well as the flight times. It seems to happen more so with charter airlines (Thomas Cook and Thomson). Airport slots aren't allocated so far in advance. When Easyjet (low cost carrier) release the remainder of their summer 2016 flights in October, slots still won't be confirmed.

Thank you for your reply :tup
Hiya,

We are travelling Manchester to Holguin on 21st September 2015 and I have just read on another forum that the outbound flight has been changed from 10.40 to 13.25. Can anyone verify this for me please, I haven't been contacted by Thomas Cook and I think this is poor customer service. Why would this have been changed?

Also could you please tell me if the following seats have windows not blanked out ones:

TCX 244 outbound 21st Sept 2015 seats 20 H & K
TCX 245 inbound 5 th Oct 2015 seats 16 H & K

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.