Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We have just returned from Menorca with Thomas Cook on Avion plane. Very comfortable and seemed to have more leg room than normal Thomas Cook .
nickmacuk,

Its a leased Avion Airbus A320-200. They're no different to what TCX operate.

Darren
Thanks Darren, knew it would be an Airbus but know idea who Avion are or where they are based.
Just returned apparently Avion Express are a Lithuanian company the crew are multinational, they were in T.C. uniforms. the plane was T C colour scheme but didn't have the T C logo on the tailfin
can any 1 tell me if the Thomas cook plane goin from Manchester to goa on 3rd nov, has a usb port on back of there chairs to charge phones laptops, never heard of this b4, so don't know if its true or not
we fly out from Manchester airport 3rd nov at 9.15 in morning, arrive dabolim airport at 00.25, but on face book a few people are saying that the airport is closed from its either 10/4 or 4/10 which means our plane wont be landing. a few planes has already changed there flight details. but Thomas cook keep saying they know nothing bout the airport being closed, its just I don't want to be in for a shock wen I get to airport on the 3rdnov, tho its not looking good any help would be greatful thanks
nannyto3girls wrote:
can any 1 tell me if the Thomas cook plane goin from Manchester to goa on 3rd nov, has a usb port on back of there chairs to charge phones laptops, never heard of this before, so don't know if its true or not

It should have a USB but it will probably only power your device while it's in use. It won't actually charge it.
nannyto3girls wrote:
we fly out from Manchester airport 3rd nov at 9.15 in morning, arrive dabolim airport at 00.25, but on face book a few people are saying that the airport is closed from its either 10/4 or 4/10 which means our plane wont be landing. a few planes has already changed there flight details. but Thomas cook keep saying they know nothing bout the airport being closed, its just I don't want to be in for a shock wen I get to airport on the 3rdnov, tho its not looking good any help would be greatful thanks

The Indian Navy has told the Airport Authorities that the runway will be closed between 10pm and 4 am for runway repairs. The Goan tourism industry isn't happy because it's the start of the season. It's already closed for civilian aircraft daily between 7am and 1pm. Perhaps they should do their repairs then :think

Is it the airline you've been asking about it? I can believe the agents and tour operators perhaps haven't had the info filtered through to them yet, but the airline should know providing of course they have been told.
thanks for getting back so quick,reff airport in goa.....I know a few who are to goa after me on different planes, not Thomas cook, and they have updated the people goin on there planes, all I get of Thomas cook is they aint heard nothing ,but if other airlines have changed,surley Thomas cook shld know or is it a case of last min being told
Sunaddict wrote:
nannyto3girls wrote:
can any 1 tell me if the Thomas cook plane goin from Manchester to goa on 3rd nov, has a usb port on back of there chairs to charge phones laptops, never heard of this before, so don't know if its true or not

It should have a USB but it will probably only power your device while it's in use. It won't actually charge it.

thank you
I am probably going to,be booking Thomas Cook Manchester to menorca fought again this year, every time I've done,it before it's been a 757-200, except.when one went tech and we got 767. Now that the 757-200 fleet is diminished, does anyone know what aircraft type is planned for this routes in the summer season?
mikeandrach,

Do you have any flight numbers or dates of travel? I can't check specific flights without some details,

Darren
Tcx2442 is the Saturday flight I believe. I imagine a 767 in place of a 757 as the Airbus 320 series may be too small, praying they don't use the 757300 on this route!
mikeandrach,

MAN-MAH-MAN (TCX2442/3) are operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Thanks, is,it,the same for flights 2478 and 2234 and 2364? Looks like there are more flights this year so,maybe that's why smaller,planes. I,know,the 757 300 planes are staying (1 each at gatwick and Glasgow?), but are there any 757 200's left? The dreaded g-fcli that always seems to curse me has I believe been sold to dhl and actually delivered today to be converted to a freighter
mikeandrach,

MAN-MAH-MAN (TCX2442/3) are operated by Airbus A321-200.
MAN-MAH-MAN (TCX2478/9) are operated by Airbus A321-200.
MAN-MAH-MAN (TCX2234/5) are operated by Airbus A321-200.
MAN-MAH-MAN (TCX2364/5) are operated by Airbus A321-200.

All are subject to the specific dates you are wanting to travel.

G-FCLI was withdrawn from TCX service on 02/01/16 for delivery to DHL on the 4th. Other than that, only the two 753's remain.

Darren
Thanks for that, I would be flying in August do you think they will stick with the Airbus or are we likely to see the bigger 767 at all?

So far as I know the 757-300 planes are based 1 each at gat wick and Glasgow, are these likely to stay based here? Any plans to sell them? And are all the 757's gone now?
It would have been useful to mention August when asked originally so I could check for the month you were planning on flying. Aircraft are scheduled a year in advance so unless there's a technical issue, it's unlikely to change. You'll have to ask Thomas Cook if they plan on selling the 753's!

mikeandrach wrote:
And are all the 757's gone now?

As I mentioned above "Other than that, only the two 753's remain".

Darren
Hi we are are on flight MT2356 on april 20th MAN>GENOA and have exit seats in row 26. Im wondering if there is a window on this row as some interior shots of this plane dont seem to have any.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.