Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

I have just booked a flight to Cuba in May and just discovered that TC no longer gives out ATOL certificates for flights. Just concerned in case anything happens. Is anybody else concerned about this

michelle45 wrote:
Hi

I have just booked a flight to Cuba in May and just discovered that TC no longer gives out ATOL certificates for flights. Just concerned in case anything happens. Is anybody else concerned about this

No. My travel insurance covers me. As you're travelling independently I presume you've bought the correct cover for that sort of trip?
scooch wrote:
So, I've read a few reviews about the premium economy (P.E.) vs regular economy and it seems that the reviews are either really good or really bad! So I have questions...

Are all beverages free or do you have to pay for them in P.E. & are they "unlimited?
Do you have to pay for head sets in P.E.?
Do you have to pay for upgraded TV or is that complimentary in P.E.?
Do you get blankets and pillows on request in P.E.?
Is there a separate staff for P.E. or is there just one service for all?
What was your overall experience in P.E.?
Is it worth it?

Oh I am a British ex pat living in US so going to visit family :)
I don't know if it was you the posted the question, but this was asked and answered on the Air Travel forum on Trip Advisor yesterday, so if it wasn't you it might be worth you having a look on there.
Can anyone tell me if Thomas Cook Airlines ever offered a flight from Manchester to Heraklion departing Manchester at 07:00 on October 4th 2016.
I know that it is not on offer now.
I have tried ringing but after being put on hold for over an hour I gave up.
PB
michelle45 wrote:
Hi

I didn't think that TC ever gave out ATOL certificates for flight only bookings? I fly with them to Cuba every 12/18 months but my ATOL certificate is always issued by the small independent TO I book the holiday with.

SM
SMa wrote:
michelle45 wrote:
Hi

I didn't think that TC ever gave out ATOL certificates for flight only bookings? I fly with them to Cuba every 12/18 months but my ATOL certificate is always issued by the small independent TO I book the holiday with.

SM
The flights were Atol protected for just over 3 years from October 2012 to November 2015 when the flights were being sold by TCTO. The airline went back to selling their own flights from 15 November 2015, so not Atol protected any longer.
Hi.

Just a quick query. Flying TCX2496 Manchester to Arrecife 29 June. I think its a B767. Any info on the plane type. Thanks

Malcolm
Malchester,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TCX2496/7) are indeed operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Does anybody know if the b767s are returning from condor for the summer season? And will they be repainted into the new sunny heart livery?
Cheers
Cheeky999,

They are leased to Condor for the winter season. They'll be back in the UK for summer 16. They already have the sunny heart tail.

Darren
hippyjak wrote:
I agree with what you are saying, I constantly check throughout the year but apparently they are moving holidays by days, departures from different airports, cancelling them all together without notifying customers. If people see these posts it may prompt them to check now and if holiday has been amended they may be able to work round it.

Better to look now than in a week before you travel.

One lady has posted that she departs on 31st May and was supposed to return on the 11th June. Her return flight is now on the 1st June. The day after she arrives.

Another has found her outbound flight bought forward for a couple of days, when she gets there she will have nowhere to stay.

They only found out through social media.
Which is exactly why people should check their bookings. The problem with social media is one person notices something, posts it all over everywhere they can, and then other people check their bookings and start to complain, without even giving companies the chance to notify them.

It may be that some of the complaints from people that say they haven't been told haven't even booked with Thomas Cook, but through some shonky OTA, which will obvious delay notification. Some of bad OTAs don't even bother forwarding them.
I have made a note in Thomas Cook Travel agent section too. Apparently TC have cancelled or changed lots of flights for this year to Turkey without notifying customers according to their Facebook page. A lot of people posting that they weren't notified of changes. Suggest if your are flying out to Turkey thus year to check your flight details with them.
It's standard practice that you always log into your bookings on a regular basis to check for changes, and its your responsibility to know when your flights depart. You can't rely on the airline telling you. It's also not unheard of for emails to go missing or get stuck in spam filters.

Unfortunately changes happen with all airlines. People just have to be proactive about it, but cancellations and changes for Turkey should not have come as a surprise to anyone given the downturn in bookings for Turkey, which I suppose can only be put down to some people thinking it's dangerous to stay in a holiday resort there :que
I agree with what you are saying, I constantly check throughout the year but apparently they are moving holidays by days, departures from different airports, cancelling them all together without notifying customers. If people see these posts it may prompt them to check now and if holiday has been amended they may be able to work round it.

Better to look now than in a week before you travel.

One lady has posted that she departs on 31st May and was supposed to return on the 11th June. Her return flight is now on the 1st June. The day after she arrives.

Another has found her outbound flight bought forward for a couple of days, when she gets there she will have nowhere to stay.

They only found out through social media.
I agree with your post.

Looks like a mixed bag. A few are through travel agents where they are unaware of flight changes and tge rest with either TC airlines or holidays.

Customers on hold for hours, promised call backs day after day bit have received nothing.

At least if someone sees this post and they are travelling with TC whether through OTA or direct with TC they can act on information and get the ball rolling with amendments.

Glad I'm off to Majorca with Jet2 this year.
Sometime people just need to be patient and wait for notification detailing their options. That way they at least have a clue what they want to do when they contact TC. Sometimes you don't even need to contact them. You can accept various changes online. When people just ring in they are only slowing the phone queues down. They're already busy with Turkey amendments, Sharm cancellations, other Egyptian amendments etc etc. it's no wonder people are having to wait.
The amount of flights cancelled it obviously wasn't an overnight decision. They should have notified people by now, especially 3rd party travel agents who have been told nothing.

Poor public relations & customer service on TC behalf.

Flight changes of hours are acceptable, but when it is complete cancellation, changes of airport and flights been moved days not hours they should have had better planning in place on how to cope with it all.
Hi, has anybody flown with Thomas Cook from Manchester on a flight only booking to Cuba recently? In the past they always sent the Tourist Card a couple of weeks in advance through the post but now apparently they pass them out at the gate - not even at the check-in desk. Has anybody had any experience of this and how it works? It sounds as if it would add yet more hassle to the boarding melee!

We are flying out of Manchester to Holguin on Monday 14th March and planning on using the twilight check-in on the Sunday evening (we are staying over at the airport). When I booked I was told that we would collect the Tourist Cards at check-in and I assumed that this meant from the check-in desk. I knew that we would probably have to collect our boarding passes from the check-in desk on the Monday morning and assumed that when we collected them we would also be given the Tourist Cards but apparently not. I know I can be a bit of a worrywort but I'm taking my two nieces with me this time and could do without any last minute hassle and just want to know what to expect!

SM
I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't disrupt boarding. They've been doing it that way for about 10 months.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.