Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi cazzholly.....I would imagine you would still need to exchange your paper passes for airport issued ones for security reasons......its just a quicker proccess and a shorter queue if any....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
I would imagine you would still need to exchange your paper passes for airport issued ones for security reasons......its just a quicker proccess and a shorter queue if any

I've never checked-in online with TCX, but it makes no sense that you have to queue up and exchange printed boarding cards for paper ones :que That almost defeats the object of having online check-in. You should be able to check-in online and use the printed boarding card as just that. There are no security issues as they get checked against your passport and all other airlines I've used online check-in with operate that way.

Darren
At Manchester airport the boarding cards have to be printed due to the new security machines the barcode needs to be printed on the day and passports checked by staff at checkin etc
hi Darren....I used the online check-in 4 weeks ago at MAN airport..... but I did have cases to hand over.....they asked for my printed off booking cards....and gave me the usual card boarding passes instead.......the baggage drop for those who had checked in on line was the last check in desk on the row....it was only for those who had checked in on line....there wasnt a queue....

I thought it strange to let you print off your own boarding pass then give you a normal one when you get there.....the only real difference between the online check in and a normal check in was no queue...this was the first time I had booked seats and online check in came with it...

cazzholly is going from a different airport so maybe it will be different.....and maybe it was because I had bags......I would try going through security with the ones she has printed off....worse that could happen is you get sent back to desks to get things sorted.....but dont leave it till last minute

Let us all know what happened cazzholly.....wish they told people what to do when you get airport and explain in more detail.....tweetie
My experience at Cardiff airport was the same as Tweetie's in Manchester. However, as I like to be at the airport early there was no queue at the normal check-in desk either so I needn't have bothered checking in on-line.

I suppose the only benefit you get is that you don't have to be at the airport early if you don't want to. I would imagine if you arrived later, there'd be queues at the normal check-in desks, wheras the luggage drop queue should be much less.
Thanks for the info. I think i'll try going straight to security and see what happens - i'll let you know when I get back in September! I've used TCX's online check in before at Gatwick, but have always had baggage to drop off. Never flown from East Midlands but somehow think their security might not be quite as up to date as Manchester with the new system! We'll see ......
Just pop to the ticket desk before you go to security, you'll have to walk past it to get to security at EMA anyway :)
parents fly out to vancouver tomorrow from manchester any idea which aircraft is likely to be used and what seat pitch is ? thanks
You need to post a flight number for Dazbo to be able to tell you buster27.

(but my guess would be a A330 with seat pitch between 28"-30" in economy - snug class)
buster27,

Please provide a flight number when request aircraft information. I assumer it's the TCX024K? It's an Airbus A330-200 in the Canadian Affair / short haul configuration (G-TCXA mainly recently). Seating details are given on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

EDIT: Thanks Traveller, you just beat me to it while I was looking up the flight number!

Darren
Just booked again to go to Dominican Republic from Manchester to the Iberostar Costa Dorado (TCX126 and TCX127)

Next August 6th 2011

Booked with Thomas Cook and just booked seats online already for only £10 per person

I have booked the flight out seats but at the moment unable to book the inward seats( 20th Aug 2011) I presume this is because this years same flight hasnt landed yet so will try after this years flight has landed on the Sunday

I cannot understand why it is only £10 as im sure it was a lot more when i pre booked seats last year ( pre booked them 6 months before)

I am slightly worried now so can somebody reassure me that all is well?
littlebw,

It's far too early to be worrying! A little patience and all should be fine.

Darren
littlebw

Its a case of get what you can while you can at the moment as things are been upgraded some of the prices come up wrong but once its booked its booked, and yeh your inbound flight should be on very soon
Yea just checked this morning and booked the return seats for £10 a seat

Im sure I paid £18 a seat this holiday just gone

cheers for all advice
flying 7/5/11 to santa clara in cuba, flight number TCX812, returning 22/5/11 to manchester, flight number TCX813. trying to prebook my seats but it wont accept the flight numbers, i've tried putting the usual k/l at the end but still no joy. Seen comment that someone been able to prebook seats for dom republic so wondering why it wont let me, trying to ring thomas cook and been on hold ages as they are busy???? any advice would be appreciated. thanks
hi do thomas cook sell duty free cigarettes and alcohol on flights to dalaman :think

thanks debbi
sutty939

Really not sure why you cant get on, some flight numbers havent been added yet, so it may be a case of wait and see, check everyday
Hi debbi79,we flew home yesterday and yes,Thomas cook have duty free,some 1 litre spirits were 2 for £20 didn't notice what cigarette prices were like,sorry,T.
Hi all, hope someone can help, trying to book seats and extras online but system does not recognise our flight numbers. We are travelling 19/07/11 returning 02/08/11 tcx622k and tcx622l manchester to palma. Can anyone confirm if flight numbers have changed as if you try to book a flight now it gives a different flight number which the system accepts. Thanks Bryan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.