Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
missy01,

Welcome onboard :tup
A case of lack of information I think at the point of sale as the premium product was pulled from May 2011 over 2 months ago. The 33" seat pitch long haul aircraft, assuming TCX deliver that for your flights, are actually quite roomy and more than adequate for most. I've done 14 hours on an equivelant aircraft with no problems. With any luck you'll get your extra legroom seating but if not, it might not be as bad as you're imagining. it's the bit between the flights that's the main thing!

Darren
Hey Darren, just wondering how near to a specific date you can confirm an aircraft reg? (Flying TCX206L and K, MAN - PFO, 29th June - 5th July)

Cheers.
hi darren....when I booked for gran caneria the confirmation invoice said it was an A320.....same as last year...now have recieved my tickets and it says B767 ....flying out mon 19 july...7am flight....TCX433K...wondering if much difference in comfort between the A320 and the B767...states also B767 back too.....also says B767 is aircraft but aircraft plan in my ticket booklet is for a B763 ( 326 seats )....am confused now......tweetie
Word of warning to anyone who has ordered special dietary meals on Thomas Cook flights. Make sure you CHECK at least a half dozen times that your meal IS on the flight. My Mrs has to have Vegan meals due to egg allergy. Thomas Cook AND Thomas Cook airlines were told of this but on the way out from Manchester to Varadero my Mrs was given a BANANA and a packet of CRISPS as apparently nobody was told of a vegan meal requirement. 1 of the stewards made a big song and dance apology and offered her a small bottle of wine and promised to make sure the meal would be provided on the return flight. HA!!! We got on the return flight after the holiday from Hell and I asked a steward if the meal was onboard. ''No sir, nobody told us anything about it, would you like to fill out a comment card?'' was the reply. Now what good is a comment card unless its an edible egg free comment card. Thankfully the vegetarian meal was egg free or my Mrs would've had to go without food for another 10hr flight.
Tweetie Pie. B763 means it is a Boeing 767 300 series.
jayesh,

I can give you an idea the day before your flights. However it's subjec to last minute changes. In most cases, the specific registration makes no difference as most types TCX use are all the same inside.

Darren
TWEETIE PIE,

Yet another change to the schedule then! I assume that's just to cover the busier summer period. As busdriver mentions, 767 is the generic term for the aircraft type, but 763 is the specific shortened term for it. You're actually travelling on a Boeing 767-31K/ER, but that's just for us anoraks! There's a big difference in the size of the aircraft between the A320 and 767, the 767 being nearly twice the size of the A320. The 767 is a wide bodied, twin isle aircraft and the A320 a narrow bodied, single isle. That'll mean you'll have IFE onboard so there's a bonus! In terms of comfornt, there's not much difference really and if anything, if you're sat in the middle 4 seats on the 767, they can feel a little claustrophobic so I'd also try and get a pair by the window. There's plenty more information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including lots of photos, seating plans and my trip reports.

Darren
anybody have any idea what's happened to tcx165l from Dalaman to Glasgow? It was due to land at 5.15pm but says nothing about having landed or when it's due. I am assuming this plane then operates tcx985k from Glasgow to Tenerife, which was due to leave at 6.30pm but still shows as 'scheduled' rather than gate open or boarding. I am watching these flights as we are travelling to Tenerife 3 weeks today - I know what happens in other weeks won't necessarily happen to our flight - but curious as to what is going on with them today.

thanks in advance for any info :wave:
Just to let people know who have booked short haul with Thomas Cook that they no longer provide in-flight entertainment. We had no idea until we flew to Zante with them recently. No movie/ TV or music!Bring your i-pod/MP3 player!
Hi lanzafan .... unfortunately it's obviously too late for you, but it is something which has been discussed a lot in recent months here in this topic.

David :wave
flying thurs 1 july to Turkey tcx248k and back 13 tcx 506L it is showing a config of 2-4-2 (on the tickets) will this have IFE and is it 30 ins seat pitch ?
thanx
Debgreg,

That will be the Boeing 767-300/ER's. Aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). This type still has IFE available.

Darren
Thanx Darren... glad there will be something to watch
Hi Darren..just got a letter saying no IFE on any flights under 7 hours (after customer feedback :think ) but some PSPs for hire £7.50 will this mean this flight now then...sorry I know you may not be able to answer but you seem to know everthing else :cheers
Debgreg,

My information is IFE is still being shown on wide bodied aircraft used on short / mid haul flights. If that's change, I've not heard anything.

Darren
I am aware that customers are receiving letters saying no IFE under 7 hours also, i am looking to confirm the position very shortly, because as Darren says i was also under the impression IFE was being shown on the B767-300 series.
hi all ..and thanks darren....wish I knew if we were getting IFE or not...had info like others saying no IFE on less than 7 hrs in with my tickets....so bought son new ipod...and been looking at small portable media players for us....can you tell me if one of these with fm radio function would be allowed on flight....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

They are fine for use inflight after take off and before landing. If any of the devices have built in wifi or bluetooth, they should be disabled before use. You'll not pick up any radio 7 miles up though!

Darren
Thanx I really cant see anyone saying they dont want the IFE what a load of B*&^%$£S.... i am off thursday would be good to know before then..... has no one flown recently
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.