Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
fairypants,

Details on pre-booking seating together and selecting your seats are available on Thomas Cooks website. Online booking is here. They're updating their website at the moment to take in to account new features.

Darren
Good evening,

We've booked a last minute holiday to Punta Cana from Gatwick (lucky us!), travelling on TCX048K/L on 13/01/10 & 27/01/10. I guess I'd be correct in assuming we'll be on an A330-200?

Last time we went to the Dominican Republic, it was with MyTravel to La Romana and the downstairs toilets were great (should I be getting excited about toilets?!). We came back on the 300 series as we had a 25hr delay and they apparently had to juggle everything around.

From what I can tell this time, our flight starts in Manchester. Could you indicate where the aircraft will be flying in from beforehand so I can check if everything's on time. We're coming back via Manchester, so again could you let me know where the aircraft is likely to have come from beforehand in Gatwick? Gone are the days when one flight number meant the same route/time every week it seems...

Regards

TMW9725
TMW9725,

That's correct, your flights are operated by an A332 normally from the Thomas Cook fleet rather than the former My Travel (the ones with the downstairs toilets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below). The aircraft operates TCX128K/L (Gatwick-Cayo Coco, Cuba-Gatwick) prior to your flights.

Darren
Hello,

Flying out to PUJ on TCX48K on Wednesday, anyone could tell which airframe is planned for this flight ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Julmops
Julmops,

It is looking like G-OJMC at the moment, Currently operating to Ottawa Airport

Gower
darren, are you able to advise me the aircraft we should be travelling on to cayo coco on sunday 14th march 2010 from manchester, the flight number is TCX 174K, W e are booked in premium so im curious with regards to layout, inflight entertainment system on the particular aircraft and whether the a330 to be used is TCX or ex MYT, thanks in advance for your time ;)
emmacat,

Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below). It's too early to know whether it'll be an ex MYT or TCX aircraft as they are rotated regularly. It's an original TCX aircraft (45 premium seats) normally though.

Darren
GowerL7 wrote:
Julmops,

It is looking like G-OJMC at the moment, Currently operating to Ottawa Airport

Gower
Julmops wrote:
Hello,

Flying out to PUJ on TCX48K on Wednesday, anyone could tell which airframe is planned for this flight ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Julmops

MC is currently actually operating to Monego Bay as the TCX 16k, this used to be an Ottawa flight number.....this is in case Julmops tries to track it.

Are you getting on in MAN or LGW Julmops? it is a double drop flight, that starts in LGW, so it will either be MC or BD (ex MYT)
MikeBravo,

Thanks for the reminder about it being a Montego Bay Flight.
When I wrote the post I thought it odd that it would be Ottawa, but had forgotten at the time :duh

Gower
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the correction.

I will take the flight in LGW and stop in Manchester en route.

MC or BD will do then ! I was secretly hoping for XA to get the on demand IFE but apparently seating is pretty uncomfortable so we shall see !

Is BD, one of the planes with downstairs lavatories ?
Julmops wrote:
Is BD, one of the planes with downstairs lavatories ?

That's correct. G-MDBD is former My Travel, G-OJMC is an original TCX.

Darren
A few changes to the aircraft flying today due Man airport shut due snow, but XA still in MAN so unlikely to be that one.
Thanks a lot Mike !

Another question, flying tomorrow on TCX48K, Gatwick Punta Cana via Manchester.

In case Manchester Airport is still tomorrow, is it possible that the Gatwick leaves to Punta Cana without stopping in Manchester ?

What would be the possible scenarios here ?
Julmops,

The forcast is better for tomorrow so all being well, you shouldn't have a problem in Manchester. As you can imagine, there are some knock-on delays at the moment. For example, I was tracking G-TCXA inbound from Cancun to Manchester this morning and it was in the hold for well over an hour before finally landing when the runway opened around 12pm. Everyone must have been dizzy by the time they landed they did that many circuits! I think the forcast for Gatwick is worse tomorrow with heavy snow expected, that might be where any problems arise. It would be best to contact the airline if the weather continues and keep an eye on the departure board on Gatwick / Manchester Airport websites. From the information I'm getting, apart from knock-on delays, operations at Manchester should be ok tomorrow. The main problem in MAN this afternoon is the lack or aircraft stands, nowhere to put them all after they've landed! If the aircraft can't land in Manchester then there's little option. They'll either have to divert to an alternative airport, primarily Birmingham and bus everyone down, assuming the roads are fine or get alternative flights for passengers.

Darren
Hi Mike, that's what I thought ... So most of the passengers will be waiting for us in Manchester ... Figners crossed the weather clears up !
Hi all,

My inlaws are flying to Goa 24/01/2010 on TCX095.

Can anyone tell me where that aircraft will be arriving to Manchester from its previous flight so I can keep an eye on it for them.

I know that particular flight has been having some technical issues of late.

Regards

Papa
Papa,

The incoming aircraft is one of several possibilites; TCX076K/L, TCX174K/L, TCX034K/L or TCX062K/L. TCX062K/L (Puerto Plata) seems to be the most frequent, but no guarantees. Looking at departures over the last 2 months for TCX095K (since the start of the winter season), things seem to have been running pretty smoothly.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

When we were in Goa in November a TCX flight had a 24hr delay and last week one of the Manchester flights had a 24 hour delay(according to the Goa Forum). Of course could have been completely different flight numbers.

Cheers for the help will just have to keep an eye on them all.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.