Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I was initially delighted to hear this, but checking out what they are offering doesn't exactly fill me with joy. Flights go into Enfidha from only a few airports and TC are only offering a few hotels, mainly in Hammamet and all inclusive. They have saiid they will add further flights and hotels if there is enough demand.

From my reading of the situation it seems they are trying for the wrong holiday-makers so are unlikely to get many takers. From various posts I have seen on line there are many people who would never visit Tunisia, even if it was a gift, (and I doubt they can be persuaded otherwise, at least for the next few years. Those most anxious to return are regular visitors who know and love the place and people or those who have a home there. Most of us know the place fairly well and, you won't be surprised to learn, not all of us want to book all inclusive in Hammamet.

The answer can be flights only, with people booking hotels etc. which suit them. TC are indeed offering flights only, but prices are around £290. For this you get 15kg hold luggage. Flying into Tunis with Tunisair is considerably cheaper and includes 20kg luggage. Now things are improving in Tunisia the transfer companies are once again offering shared transfers from Tunis to Sousse or PEK for £15/£19 rather than the expensive taxi transfers.

I can only hope I am proved wrong and Tunisian tourism returns to its previous level before too long.
I think you may be right. Its like Goa with me. I don't really want the hotels the package deals offer. So I go scheduled flights. we actually honeymooned in Hammamet. It wasn't AI though- probably is now, if its still there!! We were at the Phenicia.
I'm sure Hammamet is very nice, but when all your friends are in the Sousse/PEK area that is where you want to be. 😯
A quick update. TC are doing flight only into Enfidha from Gatwick (and a couple of other airports) on Wednesdays. The price for March is about £180 once you have added the luggage.
  • Edited by Aslemma 2017-08-30 15:03:10
That sounds like a good price Aslemma.
I agree and was tempted to book it now. but due to ongoing health problems I will unfortunately have to wait a few months. By next April it will be 3 years since I have been out there (due to a triple heart bypass, followed by pneumonia. then sciatica and now osteoporosis). I was due to have a cortisone injection for the last one but they won't do it until the ulcer on my ankle has cleared up (another 10 - 12 weeks apparently). :cry I'm not going for the sympathy vote, honestly, but thought people might wonder why someone who always banged the drum for Tunisia hadn't been there recently. I am in touch with many out there, locals and ex-pats, so I still have a good idea of the situation.
I'm sure when the time is right Aslemma you'll be first on the flight. x
%
I'm very much hoping to get my various health problems sorted out in the next couple of months but if not I think I'll go anyway. I'll have to let my family know once I get there or they will do their best to dissuade me. 😁 TC are starting flights from Stansted on 2nd May but I don't think I will be able to wait that long so will probably go from Gatwick into Tunis in March with Tunisair. I have priced them both up and there is little difference in price, as it costs me £74 to get to Gatwick and Tunisair has a good free luggage allowance, whereas TC charges £50 for luggage. Transfer companies from the airport are once again offering shuttles.
  • Edited by Aslemma 2017-09-08 11:55:17
    To add additional information.
Incidentally it is nice to see you back on here. Give my love to Anne. xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.