Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Thanks for telling us,we were under the impression that a complaints form has to be completed in resort,no doubt lots more people thought the same.It is definitely worth remembering as we are booked with Thomas Cook for next year.
I'd be careful here as TC, by printing and handing out the leaflet, have dropped a big boo boo which they are now aware of. It's in their, and the customers interests to sort these problems out in resort. I wouldn't be surprised if these booklets will soon be withdrawn or reprinted.

The whole idea of a complaints form in resort is to give them the chance 'to put things right in resort' and obviously for both parties to have a record of the complaint. Otherwise, customers could wait until they returned home and then claim for all sorts of 'none existent' problems without TC having a leg to stand on.

I would always suggest, regardless of the booklet, to fill in a complaints form just to be on the safe side.

Well done though allymc316 for spotting this and taking the steps you did :tup
Yes, definatly get the in resort complaint form filled in. I did not know about this untill the letter from TC. I did take photos to back up all of my claims and they acknowledged I contacted the reps in resort.

I have learned that this form is needed but I cant help but feel that TC would have found some other reason not to pay compensation.
Seems to be they dont take you seriously until the court starts to ask the questions for you
I'd be wary about negotiating or even complaining on the phone unless you can record the call (I bet they do!). If you actualy end up in a court they like you to have proof that you have tried to sort it out before you get there.

The courts will also expect you to make some effort to get it sorted in the resort but they may not feel it absolutely necessary to fill in a form. What if the rep (or lack of!) is the problem and you can't get a form? I think TC may have realised that since the rep eventually got you moved they have acknowledged the complaint in the resort and are on dodgy ground. Generalised T&Cs in consumer contracts are not always legally binding even if you sign the contract - they can be dismissed by a court that feels it gives the company an unfair advantage.
The courts will also expect you to make some effort to get it sorted in the resort but they may not feel it absolutely necessary to fill in a form. What if the rep (or lack of!) is the problem and you can't get a form?

What Ros usually advises if you can't get hold of a rep is to record all the evidence and if other customers are involved to swap names and addresses in order to back each other up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.