Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Thomas Cook
17 Posts
thats good but me I wouldn't of accepted their first offer!
Yes it sounds good to me - half a refund :lol:
Hi,
If you are happy then fine but I would never ever accept their first offer.I have first hand experience of this and can assure you that if you had have rejected the first offer they would certainly have made you an improved offer.Something to remember in future.
Sorry guys. If the amount offered is acceptable, then go ahead and accept it with joy and gratitude. I get the feeling that many folk go around with a glass half empty attitude rather than a glass half full.

Sometimes you should be grateful for what you get rather than push the issue on principle and greed.

I for one (and I'm probably the only one) applaud Pebble's attitude.
Hi.

Nice to hear other people's thoughts.

We never exaggerated the problems we encountered at the hotel. We kept it simple and to the point.
Yes, I agree we could have stuck it out and tried for more, but there becomes a time when fair is fair, and the six involved all agreed that time had arrived for us.
My point was, sometimes these companies do listen. Just read the countless threads on this site, where perhaps more serious complaints than ours are never rewarded, just endless gar-gar letters shifting the blame back onto the customer.

Whatever. Happy holidays.

Pebble

We never exaggerated the problems we encountered at the hotel. We kept it simple and to the point.

Perhaps that is the answer.

With respect to those who have posted, so many of them read like a badly written novel rather than a formal complaint.

Remember the KISS rule. Keep It Simple Stupid.

It always worked when I was dealing with them.

fwh
but some exaggerated ones, may actually be the truth.. :lol:

but some exaggerated ones, may actually be the truth..

Not a case of being exaggerated more a case of the recipient being able to read and understand what you are on about.

Punctuation and proper sentences are all so often missing.

When writing a letter of complaint you are not/should not be having a rant.

fwh
but some exaggerated ones, may actually be the truth..

Surely not? If people have exaggerated the extent of the problem they've crossed the line into being untruthful as far as I'm concerned. Yes, some of the extreme cases are going to be true precisely because people have not exaggerated the problems they experienced.

I would agree with fwh, a simple factual statement clearly setting out what happened, that avoids emotive, exaggerated language and clearly sets out what you would like the TO to do about it is always the way of going about it. I never cease to be amazed by the number of complaint letters that get copied here where someone is outraged that they haven't been offered any compensation when they haven't actually asked for anything specific in the letter either. If you just write a longwinded, emotive whinge without clearly setting out what you consider to be suitable compensation or follow-up action then that is what it will be treated as - a letter of complaint and not a request for compensation.

SM
I for one (and I'm probably the only one) applaud Pebble's attitude.

.... Oh, no; I think you're one of the silent (well,quiet at least !) majority. :)
If you only rant and rave you get what's coming to you. Put your case logically, truthfully and in a well laid out manner. Courtesy on either side costs nothing, and can lead to a pleasurable conclusion. Too many complainanants beat around the bush, and don't ask for the settlement they'd appreciate. Less emotion and all the facts.
"Just the facts, ma'am".
I applaud you too, pebble. You asked, and were happy with the result you got.

I agree with others, if you have a complaint, keep it short and simple!!! No "I was amazed to find....." etc. Straight and to the point does it for me every time :D
Well done Pebble. (from another one of the silent majority).

There's a lot to be said for settling for a fair settlement and then drawing a line under the episode.
Well done Pebble

I've often been suprised at some of the complaints that I read on this forum and sometimes can't work out what exactly the problem was amongst all the ranting.
By all means complain if something isn't right but short, simple and well written is the way to go and it obviously worked in this case.
Another 'well done' from me Pebble. By being factual and honest, you got a result with which you were satisfied without all the stress and hassle of protracted negotiations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.