Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Thomas Cook
6 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem your daughter is having. I think she needs to give it the 48 hours they said and then take it from there. If she doesn't hear from them, then she needs to phone again.It sounds as if, either her holiday has been changed again but the letter informing her of this hasn't arrived yet, or the person on the other end of the phone had made a mistake. If the former, then when the letter arrives it will tell her what she needs to do and what her options are.
I'd give it the 48 hours too, then get in touch with Thos Cook if they've not contacted your daughter within that time.

I assume she still has the letter that said her hotel was being changed from Sun & Sea to Stamos hotel.
She has had the letter and the new invoice, and every thing on them both same all ok.. with the right price and booking, dates and everything just the stamos aprtments..
she phoned them, and they told her they moved her again.. 3rd time.. her mates told her to cancel it and they'll get a last min deal. They told her to have a look on the website and pick a hotel around the similar price. Then they said it would cost them xxx extra on top, and she said no way its not our fault. They told her now to wait for this invoice and letter stating the new options... She just wants a full refund and book else where. They where very unhelpful, and lack in customer service skills.
Hi
I think you and/or your daughter should read the T&Cs relating to this booking PDQ.

There will be something about the T/O changing the booking and it should describe what is a SIGNIFICANT change.
This is probably something like change of accommodation to a LOWER rating and/or price.
That WON't include the fact that your daughter has read reviews of the alternative offered and feels her original (Stamos) looks better.

If the change from Stamos to this 3rd hotel is deemed a SIGNIFICANT change, your daughter will have a number of options, ONE of which will be a full refund of all monies paid.

NB: I've taken the above info from a brochure I have which is NOT Thomas Cook - you need to read the TC Terms & Conditions.

Where is the Stamos Hotel?
What is the new accommodation Thos Cook are offering?

It might be an idea if your daughter and her friends check out what is currently available for her dates - she may (or may not) find that she can't get something similar for around the same price or within her budget.

Finally, reviews are SUBJECTIVE, not OBJECTIVE.
She then had a look on the internt at reviews of the hotel they said she was meant to be staying in, and they are all mixed and said Stamo's lookes better.

Some people book into 2* or 3* hotels and expect 5* service - and review the hotel based on that expectation.
Some people don't read the hotel description, For example, it might say "up a steep hill" and someone may mark it down as not suitable for people with walking disabilities.
We booked a hotel in Goa (2* which is pretty basic) and it had OK reviews apart from one guy who had given it 2/10. When reading the FULL review, all he had to say about the hotel was it was basic but clean and the staff were nice. The remainder of his (long) review was all about how he disliked the resort, the people, the beach etc - none of which had ANYTHING to do with the hotel itself.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.