Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I have never found their website particularly good in the past. with either my desktop or laptop. Don't know about using their website on a tablet but just as a pont of interest I cannot find any TC holidays next year on the Costa del Sol.

fwh
I've found their website utterly useless recently and that's on a desktop computer. Enter your airport, go into dates and it goes back to the beginning again. Finally get that sorted and the date changes to today's date or the airport disappears. I've given up for now so it's just as well I'm not trying to book anything at present. :banghead:
Thank you for the feedback Frank and Pat, I was beginning to think it was just me, or I had my setting wrong.

I've been on the laptop and it's marginally better than the tablet but not much.

It's started doing the 'your session has timed out' thing now when you have only been on it for a nano second, so I literally cannot get a final price on any holiday at all at the moment.

It amazes me that they manage to sell any holidays without folk having to go in store.

Surely this can't be rocket science.
I've not had any problems with their site on my laptop, and I opt to use that on my tablet as well, so can't comment on their tablet site. Will try it!
I've basically been checking flights, as only TC and Thomsons fly to Tunisia from my neck of the woods and then only during certain months. I can see TC flights on the Travel Republic site so why don't they show on their own one. :que
Flying from which airport and date?

Preferably from Stansted to Enfidha early next May.
Aslemma wrote:
Flying from which airport and date?

Preferably from Stansted to Enfidha early next May.

Flythomascook are showing 3rd and 10th May STN-NBE..
The search screen is unhelpful, ie where do you want to go or don't you care ?! ! What airport do you want or don't you care (who doesn't care what airport they fly from?).

When you do select you can barely see more than one hotel at a time

:think Odd, I just tried it on my iPad and after choosing the Tablet version I found the following

Where do you want to go to? - I don't mind
From Where? (airport) - I dont mind
When? - I dont mind

Clicking on any of them I am able to choose from a drop down box or enter my own preference, once I had chosen I then had the results displayed on screen and simply scrolled them up to view them all, I chose Malta from Glasgow next June and had 21 hotels amd prices etc displayed, it was easy :que
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
The search screen is unhelpful, ie where do you want to go or don't you care ?! ! What airport do you want or don't you care (who doesn't care what airport they fly from?).

When you do select you can barely see more than one hotel at a time

:think Odd, I just tried it on my iPad and after choosing the Tablet version I found the following

Where do you want to go to? - I don't mind
From Where? (airport) - I dont mind
When? - I dont mind

Clicking on any of them I am able to choose from a drop down box or enter my own preference, once I had chosen I then had the results displayed on screen and simply scrolled them up to view them all, I chose Malta from Glasgow next June and had 21 hotels amd prices etc displayed, it was easy :que

Oh dear I must need to change my settings, thanks for trying Graham.

I know. Travel Republic have this information on their site. TC themselves however seem loathe to divulge it. :roll: As I said, I don't want to book anything at present but when I do I usually book flights direct with the airline and hotels with TR or similar.
Aslemma wrote:

I know. Travel Republic have this information on their site. TC themselves however seem loathe to divulge it. :roll: As I said, I don't want to book anything at present but when I do I usually book flights direct with the airline and hotels with TR or similar.

They're bookable on flythomascook.com. That's where I found them.
Thomas Cook seems to be getting its act all mixed up and their web UI is among the worst I have seen till date. Just seems weird considering that they charge premium prices on everything.
I've just tried that (not that I want to book just now). I put in the the details, submitted, and it sent me straight back to the beginning, which is what it's always done recently. This doesn't happen with any other website, including Thomsons. No worries, if it's still happening when I'm ready to book I'll simply go straight to Travel Republic. Incidentally these flights don't show at all on SkyScanner :que
Aslemma wrote:
I've just tried that (not that I want to book just now). I put in the the details, submitted, and it sent me straight back to the beginning, which is what it's always done recently. This doesn't happen with any other website, including Thomsons. No worries, if it's still happening when I'm ready to book I'll simply go straight to Travel Republic. Incidentally these flights don't show at all on SkyScanner :que

How strange. I've just tried a dummy booking again, and it will let me go all the way through to the payment page.
Perhaps it's your browser, as I know from other people that http://www.flythomascook.com seems to work better with some than others. I'm using Chrome. I noticed they're not on Skyscanner, butThomas Cook aren't responsible for what Skyscanner load.
I'm not actually sure which browser I have got as one of my sons set up my computer, but it's the same as I've always had and I've never had any problems in the past.
:think Not sure what problem is, but I think it must be something on your computer Aslemma, I have tried it on IE and Firefox and they both worked perfectly :que
I'm quite prepared to agree it could be my computer, though it doesn't seem to be a problem with any other site. Anyway, as I said I'm not looking to book my flight yet and, when I do, there are other options rather than booking via TC itself, including possibly flying with Syphax.
For Aslemmas problem, I’d suggest the issue might be “cookies”.
Lots of website designers have gone cookie crazy it appears, and they regularly save cookies onto your computer which affect how it reacts.
The cookies aim to make you known to websites as soon as you arrive on them – and then to push offers in front of you – or actually change the way your PC navigates onwards. Often unpredictable or undesirable things can happen.
The solution is to regularly clear all cookies from your PC using something like CCleaner (free software).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.