Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi flying bhx-pop next month and was wondering if anybody could tell me if you can pre order duty free shopping???
Hi Gower,

My post was on page 203 and you kindly responded. I am a bit of a plane anorak so could you tell me which "stable" the 300 er will be from the thompson or ex first choice and the number of rows in premium..?
jerseylily,

Former First Choice aircraft currently operate out of all BHX, but that could change for the winter season. You'll find furhter aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. Fomer FCA 763's have 63 premium seats over 9 rows, former TOM 31 seats over 5 rows. The premium cabin is located at the front of the aircraft.

Darren
Jonouk1211,

There's no need to pre-order items as most items will be available outbound. The aircraft won't be restocked for the return journey though so stocks may run low.

Darren
I too tried to select our seats for our May 2010 flights to Cuba but the system doesn't recognise the booking.

Does anybody know when you can book these seats online. Are we too early?

Mark :)
I think it's a little early yet mark. You can book them up to 3 months in advance.

Darren
Also, make sure you are entering the correct reference number. I rang up Thomson as the system wasn't recognising my booking reference number and was told to enter the 'Accommodation Reference' number rather than the 'Booking Ref'....this sorted the problem, you should find this reference number on your paper work in the section where your hotel accomodation is detailed.

Really great that they have rolled this facility out, i've now chosen my seats for my trip to Cancun in November.
Hi Darren

just booked premium seats online birmingham Punta Cana and it had 5 rows... so suggests an ex TOM plane ? We liked bulkhead on the overnight on the old FCA flights but am concerned that they will be similar in this aircraft. Do you have any inside knowledge on row 1 middle on the ex Tom planes ?

Does not look like the new seat booking facility allows you back into seat charts after you have chosen once...
jerseylily,

That's correct, if it's showing only 5 rows at the front of the cabin for premium seating, it'll be a former Thomsonfly aircraft (283 seats). Row 1 CDE are bulkhead seats like they are on the ex-FCA.

Darren
Hi darren or anyone that can help,
How old do the Ex thomson planes feel compared to the ex first choice planes?

Do they leather seats in premium are they comfy airfilled like ex first choice?

Only flown first choice longhaul before not thomson, Just wondered if its worth the upgrade?

Thanx
Beckijs,

The airframes are of similar age and so are the interiors. They have leather seating throughout on all the long haul aircraft (and all but two of the short haul, but they'll be leaving at the end of the summer season). Whether it's worth the upgrade to premium is a personal decision.Further details are on Thomson's website.

Darren
Antony,

Your Flight Will Be Operated By A Boeing 767-300/ER (Short Haul Configuration)

There Is a Seating Plan Of The Aircraft Here (It's The One On The Right)

Monitors For The IFE Will Be Located Either On The Seatbak In Front Of You, Or In The Aisle Of The Aircraft. It Is A 4 In 6 Chance That It Will Be seatback

Gower

Thanks a lot for that.

Is there any possibility of checking shortly before we go if we are going to get an aircraft with tv's on the backs of seats? Do you think its more or less of a possiblity of us having them on the flight to Egypt?

I love flying and wanted to know on the seat plans where would be best to get wing views such as these "img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/ContactAir/BHXSep06/BHX020.jpg" as on the seat plans it doesnt show where the wings are! Does anyone know where you get good views of the tv's (seat numbers) on the 767-300 so we can plan for the worse if the tv's are in the aisles?

This is a brilliant website, thanks a lot for your help.

Antony
Thanks darren for putting my mind at ease.....again

Seems like i've got nothing to worry about, only thing to do now is wait and check back in nov.

Thanks again :duh
Antony,

If you remind us the day before your flight, we can normally tell you the specific aircraft (registration) to expect. As Gower mentions, you'll have a 66% chance of an aircraft with seat back IFE as 4 out of 6 short haul configured aircraft are equiped (as they used to operate long haul). The two non-seat back IFE aircraft are set to leave the fleet at the end of October. Having said that, it's the non-seatback IFE aircraft that have operated your flights through September, but that can of course change. You'll find a seating plan linked on our What Aircraft? guide. You need the Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y Short Haul) plan. The wings are approximately between rows 17 and 30. As you'll hopefully have an aircraft with seat back IFE, viewing a screen won't be a problem. If you don't, the screens are located above the isle approximately every 5 rows with an LCD panel located on the bulkheads for those at the front. There isn't a best seat to view the screen really, although the isle seats offer the most unobstructed views as the overhead lockers are sometimes in the way when viewing from window and centre seats.

Darren
Antony,

If you remind us the day before your flight, we can normally tell you the specific aircraft (registration) to expect. As Gower mentions, you'll have a 66% chance of an aircraft with seat back IFE as 4 out of 6 short haul configured aircraft are equiped (as they used to operate long haul). The two non-seat back IFE aircraft are set to leave the fleet at the end of October. Having said that, it's the non-seatback IFE aircraft that have operated your flights through September, but that can of course change. You'll find a seating plan linked on our What Aircraft? guide. You need the Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y Short Haul) plan. The wings are approximately between rows 17 and 30. As you'll hopefully have an aircraft with seat back IFE, viewing a screen won't be a problem. If you don't, the screens are located above the isle approximately every 5 rows with an LCD panel located on the bulkheads for those at the front. There isn't a best seat to view the screen really, although the isle seats offer the most unobstructed views as the overhead lockers are sometimes in the way when viewing from window and centre seats.

Darren

Thanks a lot Darren, I rang Thomsonfly today to pre-book the seats. They said the aircraft we will be on will definately have the tv's on the back of the seats - but only based their answer on the fact it was a 2-4-2 layout of aircraft!

When you say wings approx between 17-30. Would seat 30 give the views like the above picture I linked to? I am quite picky if I'm going to be paying of my views out the window :P I was sent a seating map for our particular flight by email and am now just struggling to find the seat for us.

I do hope that we get IFE on the back of seats.. I've only ever had that before on long haul flights.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Antony
hi Me again.. Last question. Has anyone flown on seats 1CDE on the ex Thompson 767 ? the one with the 5 rows of premium ? Do you have a picture ?
Yes we have flown in E1 and E2, unfortunalty not seats together as was paid for, and i can say they are ok but you can't see out of a window the 'E' seats only problem is that they are close to the food prep which at night is not good and if you only have exit on that side 'E' you have to go down the plane to get to the toilets or through the kitchen.

Good luck

Roger
Antony,

If you want a seat just behind the wing, look for rows aft of 25 to about 30 for a similar view to that in the link. If you do get seat back IFE, it'll only have limited functionality. Don't expect it to have the full functions as you have on long haul flights.

Darren
jerseylily wrote:
Do you have a picture ?

Do you mean a screen for the IFE? It folds out of the arm rest along with the tray table.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.