Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
luv2travel,

You can view the inflight retail range on Thomsons website. It doesn't list long haul routes, but just put in details for a flight to Tenerife for example and it'll give you the information you're looking for.

Darren
with regards to IFE reliability on first choice: two years ago we booked for the Dominican Republic, IFE on outward fine but nothing on the way back! we have just come back from Mexico and on outward no IFE in premium, but economy still had theirs! when we approached cabin crew about it they told us it happens all the time! on the way back they also had problems but managed to sort that out thankfully! so on both the time we travelled with first choice we had issues with IFE!
xsunseasandx,

That Would Have Been G-OOBM Operating Your Flight, Which BY-TOM-AMM-FCA Mentioned Earlier As One Of The "Culprit" Aircraft

Gower
Im flying on TOM2332 MAN-RHODES next wed at 0700hrs, could anyone please tell me what aircraft will be operating the flight? thanks.
xsunseasandx,

xsunseasandx wrote:
our flight number was tom663

My Reply Above

Gower
onetruenutta,

Your Flight TOM2332 Will Be Operated By A Short Haul Configured Boeing 767-300/ER

Gower
Thanks for all the responses folks. I will let you know my thoughts on return.

I have just had a look and I see G-DBLA has operated TOM670/1 for the last two weeks. Here's hopin'
Hi how far in advance do you know which planes will be used? We are flying on 9th Nov on TOM 544/545 to Sharm and was wondering which one we would be on. Many thanks in advance.
crystell,

BRS-SSH-BRS (TOM544/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. There's normally a mixture of ex-TOM and ex-FCA aircraft in BRS, although it changes regularly. The only differences are detailed in my post to qatarman at the top of the page.

Darren
crystell,

Your Flight From Bristol Will Be Operated By A Boeing 757-200, More Information Can Be Found On Our What Aircraft? Thread

If You Wanted To Know The Specific Regestration Of The Aircraft, We Would Know The Day Before The Flight

Gower

Edit, Darren Beat Me Again :rofl
Hi, Like Crystell we are flying to Sharm from Bristol, but on flights TOM 286/287 on 17th January 2010. Can you confirm which aircraft will be used. If it has only 28" pitch will we be allowed to purchase extra leg room seats ? My partner is 6'3", but we are 71 years old. Having said that we are very fit, but will Thomson go by age alone. I do hope we can or it will be a terrible flight for him !! Thank you for all your help.
granliz,

welcome onboard :tup
Your aircraft details are as per crystell above; Boeing 757-200 and you'll find further details on our What Aircraft? guide. Limited extra legroom seating is available on the aircraft, more details on Thomsons website. As long as you are fit and well and in the opinion of cabin crew have the ability to open emergency exits if the need arises (hopefully not!), you can book those seats.

Darren
hi
we are travelling lgw/cancun 11dec Tom068 , can you tell me yet if it is an ex FC aircraft or thomson? also do you know where it is coming in from on the previous flight. is it better in premium to sit on the AB side or the FG side?
thnks
Its scheduled to be on an ex-First Choice 767-300, Personal preferance would be AB side, as you don't need to keep going through the galley or waiting to get through if its blocked to the Toilet, you will also be off quicker as they disembark in Cancun at the front left, its not really important though.

It's not clear yet as the winter programme hasn't commenced. I would expect either no where, as there is a spare aircraft on a Thursday in LGW or TOM081 POP-LGW (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic) So even if it is scheduled to be the latter, if that is delayed they will just use the "spare".
thanks for that-do you know if any of the windows in the premium cabin have an obstructed window-i thought id read somewhere that one row does? also are the aircraft based at gatwick the ones that have been having all the problems
thks
Row 9A/B and 9F/G on 5 of the aircraft have no window at all.

They rotate the aircraft weekly they dont specifically stay at LGW or any other base, however they do tend to base the aircraft with "dodgy" IFE at LGW/MAN as Panasonic take care of the IFE at these bases and they manufactured the IFE hardware onboard. Where as the smaller airports, Thomson's own engineers look after the IFE.
last question! is row 2 f/g a bulkhead or is there 1 row one-i know on some of the planes only have a row one in the middle section
many thanks for all your help
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.