Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks darren-didnt look far enough down on the what aircraft guide-sorry!
Just booked MAN-GOI premium seats on 23rd November.Have to say what an excellent new service it is that now links you straight into the seating plan where you can book your seats.Free of charge for premium passengers.

Well done Thomson.

Now all I need to know is where TOM158 has been before my flight so I can keep an eye on any delay.Thanks in advance

Papa
Papa,

It Is Difficult To Say As The Moment As Your Flight Is In The Winter Season And We Have Not Started The Winter Season Yet,
If You Remind Us Sometime In The First Week Of November Then We Should Have A Better Idea

Gower
hi we booked in feb.premium with thomsons,in the past you couldn`t pre-book your seats,so after reading papa`s posting i called first choice and they said we could but only 3 months before travel(the girl i spoke to was a trainee)is this correct,also i`m rubbish on this machine,so how do i do it as we are already booked,
thankyou Debbie
debs16,

If You Have A Booking Reference, You Can Use Thomsons Seat Selection Website, Here

Gower
thanks for that have had a look,and think even i might be able to manage that!!!
Hi

we fly to Sharm el Sheikh from Gatwick on 18th December at 10.15am - TOM 636. We come back on the 29th at 17.15 - TOM 727.
Can anyone tell me what the likely plane would be and the most relevant details of that type please. Being 6.2 the seat pitch is of particular interest!

I think Sharm still counts as short haul which isn't encouraging for leg room, in flight ent etc!

Thanks

Andrew
andrewsay,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM636/727) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. Egypt is classed as short (mid) haul.

Darren
Darren

Thank you for the incredibly prompt reply!

Having looked on the What Aircraft guide I'm feeling a lttle uninspired by the Boeing 757-200 (winglets). Seat pitch is minimum and the ents system hangs down from the ceiling (and presumably only shows black and white films!) - are they the mongrels of the fleet?

Andrew
lttle uninspired by the Boeing 757-200 (winglets). Seat pitch is minimum

the current international min standard is 26 inches so 28 is not minimum, the average age of the Thomson fleet is also quite young compared with some carriers

wiz
andrewsay wrote:
are they the mongrels of the fleet?

As Wizard Says, Thomson Have A Relatively Young Fleet Compared To Some Others. Also The Winglet Fitted Boeing 757's Are Some Of Their Newest Ones!

Gower
Papa,

It Is Difficult To Say As The Moment As Your Flight Is In The Winter Season And We Have Not Started The Winter Season Yet,
If You Remind Us Sometime In The First Week Of November Then We Should Have A Better Idea

Gower

Thanks Gower.

Papa
andrewsay,

As mentioned above, the 757-200's are excellent aircraft and by no means 'mongrels of the fleet'. Refer to my post at the top of the previous page for the differences between the ex-FCA and ex-TOM aircraft. They might not have the plushest of interiors, but then it is a charter airline with modest ticket prices compared to some of the bigger scheduled carriers who don't offer that much more on equivelent services. The IFE system is fine and don't worry, it's in colour! Thomson Airways offer the same level of service as the other major charter operators. Others offer the same seat pitch with no IFE. I was very close to booking myself on a flight to Egypt for a Nile cruise & stay yesterday on their 752/75W! If it wasn't for a silly quote for the holiday, I'd have been joining you!

Darren
tigger wrote:
What do the winglets do ?

I posted a full explanation here.

Darren
Hi guys...me again...just a quickie to see if any of the aircraft being used to Sharm from Manchester recently have been the aircraft with IFE on the back of seats.We were told that we had a 66% chance of getting the aircraft with tvs on seats by people on here but weren't sure.Any news please?Thanks!
Hi Anthony,

What aircraft is used today has no bearing on what will be used on the 15th, infact it can (and reguarly does) change as little as 30minutes before you even board.

If you come back and ask on the 14th, one of us will be able to give you a better idea of what aircraft reg should be used.

Expect no seatback IFE and you won't be dissapointed.
Hi, Flying tomorrow - TOM 2730 MAN -PFO. Can you please tell me the a/c reg, and is it one of the 767s with seat back IFE.

Also its previous flight so i can check for delays.

Thanks
Chris1957,

It Is Looking Like G-OBYI Will Be Operating Your Flight Tomorrow, This Is A Beoing 767-300 With Seat Back IFE.

It Should Be Operating TOM592/3, Before Yours, Thats Manchester-Bodrum-Manchester

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.