Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks again Darren.

So the interior isn't likely to be anymore spacious than the 767?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

I wouldn't have expected so. They'll probably stick with the 33" seat pitch for economy passengers and current seat widths to maximise the space available. The 787-8 fuselage diameter is 5.74m with a seating capacity of 220-250. The 767-300/ER is 4.7m diameter with between 258 and 328 seats in TOM's various configurations. The main advantage for passengers will be the lower cabin altitude and increased humidity along with larger windows. The rest is likely to be similar to what it is now.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Thought that perhaps it would be a wider bodied aircraft along with more legroom, and facilities ....... but we can dream!

Regards,
Pat
Thanks again Darren.

So the interior isn't likely to be anymore spacious than the 767?

Regards,
Pat

I expect we might see less in the way of offerings from TUI, economic climate and all, the problem for TOM is that Thomas cook made there seat pitch 33" so its hard to go back now, after all the dubious amongst us suspect the only reasons for the 33" seat pitch in the first place was because of weight restrictions.
hi peeps in the know, tom108/ 109 man-holguin, i'm on this bird sat 11/09/2010 at 9.15am. do we know if its ex tom or firstchoice? booked prem and am bloody dying to see that groovy first choice mood lighting! ;)
emmacat,

It's too early to know for sure. I'll know in about 2 weeks time if you want to remind me.

Darren
I think it may be too early to tell but does anyone know if the Manchester-Punta Cana flights are operated by Ex-First Choice aircraft or the Ex-Thomsonfly or could it be either depending on the day of the week? Not travelling until October 9th 2010.

Thanks is advance.
patch64,

Refer to my post to emmacat above. Your flights are likely to be operated by a former Thomsonfly aircraft though.

Darren
thank you dazbo, i'll just have to live in hope for the next few months til we know, whether its the smily face or the pink flower we end up on it can't be any worse than our thomas cook premium experience last time...i really really understood after that trip what you say about putting the money spent on premium towards the actual holiday, shocking it was, but hilarious non the less- we do laugh about it now (for anyone curious see me little review on thomas cook airlines forum page 59, i think i might tout it as a script for a 'carry on' come back production... sorry, that was :offtop still-we've got this next thomson premium booking at a rather savvy little price so it's all fine and dandy...
Forgive me if this info is somewhere in the previous pages.
Can anyone tell me what films will be shown on the TOM 144 on 09 May 2010 from Manchester to Cancun and TOM 145 on 23 May 2010 from Cancun to Manchester?
Also, my travel agent tells me that the economy configuration on the outbound flight is 2-4-2, but 2-3-2 on the inbound flight. We have window seats pre-booked with numbers 32G & 32H outbound and 24F & 24G inbound, so are quite concerned they they are correct!

Many thanks.
hi, your best asking soemone more in the know, put its possible its a thomson aircraft one way (2-4-2) and a first choice the other (2-3-2) or it may be they are sending the thomson higher density aircraft for one on the legs, can't see it though as it's usually a rescue solutions when the usual aircraft is stuck/ un-servicable, we travelled home on one last year, bit crampt up but if it's the only way to get home as in our situation, it's ok. i think you can download the thomson inflight magazine and view entertainment listings that way, a quick google should do the trick :tup
Huge huge apologies if someone has already asked this -

We are flying 8th May 2010 LGW - CUN, returning 22nd May CUN - LGW. TOM078 outbound, TOM079 inbound.

Do you know the config of the aircraft and if it is a FC or Thomson plane?

Many thanks
Caz
Wacktle,

Welcome onboard :tup
The IFE for May / June hasn't been released as yet. BY-TOM-AMM-FCA kindly posts it for us when it's released so keep an eye on this thread from the beginning of May. There's nothing to be concerned about regarding your flights. Thomson Airways operate a couple of long haul configurations depending on whether the aircraft is from the former Thomsonfly or First Choice fleet since they merged in November 2008. Your outbound flight is operated by a former Thomsonfly aircraft, and your inbound by a former First Choice. Both are Boeing 767-300/ER's. I'm on the same flight later this year. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
nixon1600,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER, likely to be from the former First Choice fleet but I won't be able to confirm that until next week. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren - fingers crossed for the FC aircraft!
Hi Darren

We are flying with Thomsons from Gatwick to Sanford, Orlando. Flight TOM046.
Could you tell me plane type and seat configuration?

Thx

Greg
citizenlane,

LGW-SFB-LGW (TOM046/7) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets), probably from the former Thomsonfly fleet. I'll know for sure from May. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thx Darren

Do you know if seat configuration is 2 3 2 or 2 4 2?

Regards

Greg
citizenlane,

All the aircraft information is on our extensive What Aircraft? guide. The former Thomsonfly fleet of 763's are configured 2-4-2 (economy section) and former First Choice 2-3-2.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.