Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Rosco,

It makes little difference as all the former Thomsonfly 752's are the same inside.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks again for your help. I realise that 9C, D and E and the middle seats on the aircraft, I was just enquiring on behalf of our friends who have booked 9F and G, and thought that as the rows are slightly staggered they may/may not have a window.

Thanks again,
Pat
Hi i have already asked about flight TOM 2622 to Palma on 10th July 2010 and i just wondered if you knew if it is one with winglets or without?
Also do you have any information on the IFE for this flight?
Cheers in advance, sparky123.
sparky123,

Your flight is scheduled to be operated by a wingletted aircraft. However this can change for many reasons. It make no difference from a passenger point of view as to whether it has winglets or not.

Gower
Hi all. we are flying from manchester to cancun on october 4th and were wondering if anyone can tell us which aircraft we will be on. will it be a first choice or thomson fly plane? will it be 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 layout? our flight number isTOM174. would appreciate any help regarding this thanks. also what is in the amenitypacks you get in economy thanks :cheers
USfan,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM174/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). These are configured 2-3-2 throughout. You'll find further aircraft information including seating plans and photos on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I posted amenity kit details here.

Darren
Hi Darren
Thanks so much for your help and the fast response, cheers ;)
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM862/3) with departures between 03/05/2010 - 20/09/2010 are scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). Flights between 04/10/2010 - 25/10/2010 are scheduled to be operated by the larger Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets). Even if aircraft are changed (unlikely unless there's a technical problem), those with pre-booked extra legroom seats should still get them. You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below).

What aircraft will be used inbetween then dates? i fly out 20/09 - 27/09
Also please dont tell me the 757-200 are with out seat back TV's

Also whilst theres brains about why is the flight in september 4.35min and its currently 5:35min?? does it go the long way round this time of year?

Thanks
757's don't have seat back tv.
I presume the flight times are to do with Egypt changing their clocks at a different time to the UK?
he33y,

Welcome onboard :tup
Aircraft types are as posted above;

MAN-SSH (TOM862) departing 20th September is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 757-200
SSH-MAN (TOM863) departing 27th September is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 767-300 (short haul).

You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The flight schedules don't show any difference in flight times for September although the flight takes a little longer on the inbound due to prevailing winds. The clocks change around then as well that'll make it look on paper that there's an extra hour.

Darren
Hello, I'm flying to Zante on the 18th July as follows

Sun 18 Jul 10
06:45 12:30 TOM 2716
Inbound
Sun 25 Jul 10
13:30 15:20 TOM 2717

Can you please advise me of the aircraft type?
squires55,

MAN-ZTH-MAN (TOM2716/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
The clocks change around then as well that'll make it look on paper that there's an extra hour.

Thanks for the fast reply

the clocks change 30/09 in egypt
the tompson/firstchoice website are advertising a 4:35min flight not 5:35min normal flight at the time of booking it was 5:35 but i recived a letter this week with a revised times and the website have updated too from about End july onwards its a shorter flight

any ideas?
he33y,

It sounds like a typing error to me, the flight is longer than 4 hours 35 minutes for the 2,555 miles. 5 hours 35 is more like it. It took us 6 hours 28 minutes from Luxor to Manchester earlier this year due to the winds, and that's only 20 minutes longer than usual.

Darren
Bit of an error like sending a letter out with new flight times etc.

no possibe aircraft change that is faster?
the clocks change 30/09 in egypt

The clocks go back at midnight August 5th this year.
he33y,

Not that much faster, no. Both the 752 and 763 economical cruising speeds are 460kn. That wouldn't account for a 1 hour reduction in flight time. You'd need to bring Concorde out of retirement for that!

Darren
Clocks go back

Well Spotted so thats the reason for the arr time change and an Error on the the website as they think the clocks go back later in the year

Got to the bottom of this i think.

* if i had booked 1 day later would of been on a 767 with seat back screens for both legs Come on Thompsons 757's shouldnt be used for 5-6h flights
he33y wrote:
if i had booked 1 day later would of been on a 767 with seat back screens for both legs Come on Thompsons 757's shouldnt be used for 5-6h flights

Its' not the day after, the flights are weekly. Your dates are at the end of the 752 period, and your return is at the start of the 763. The 752's aren't as bad as you may imagine on that length of flight. As I mentioned previous, my flights to and from Luxor, that's a little further than Sharm, with the return being 6 hours 28 minutes were onboard 752's. While the extras such as seat back IFE are beneficial, screens are every 4 rows on the 752's so you always get to see one. In terms of seat pitch, as long as you have a former Thomsonfly aircraft with the Boeing enhanced interior, roominess is about the same. I quite enjoyed my time on those flights!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.