Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Elefio,

That's demand and supply I'm afraid. There's nothing you can do about it. You've just been unlucky on this occasion.

Darren
From First Choice Faqs

"2. The Price You Pay
http://www.firstchoice-ski.co.uk/termsandconditions/termsandconditions.shtml

Am I interpreting it right, thinking we may be elegible for a refound ?
I have a doubt on the fact that it's less than 30 days before the departure date... so maybe they can reduce the price freely.
  • Edited by David 2009-02-21 22:18:11
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace quoted text.
Sorry Elefio, but I had to edit your post for copyright reasons.

In case of any confusion, this is our Thomson airline discussion topic. If you are referring to a First Choice package holiday, then you would be best posting in the FIRST CHOICE HOLIDAYS Q&As topic in our Tour Operators forum.

David :wave
Thanks David, I did not think about the copyright.
We are flying to Goa on the 14th March from Manchester TOM135 what kind of aircraft will this be?
thanks
bluemoon,

TOM135/6 are operated by an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Wow, this really is a wealth of information on this website so congratulations to those who provide such helpfull information.

we will be taking our first ever charter airline flight in May and have a couple of questions that I would love help with

1) Firstly and most importantly at least to us - We are traveling with a 2 year old but have not selected pre-seating togeather option. I am under the impression they are legally bound to sit at least one of us directly next to our child and I imagine they will do their best to sit the 3 of us togeather if possible. There for I thought it was a waste of cash. Is there any reason why I should actually buy it?

2) Flying out on OM4452 on the 28th May - Gatwick to Palma, Mallorca and then back on 4th June OM4453. Do you know what aircraft type this will be and if we will get IFE?

Thanks for the your help
Hi. My family & I are travelling to Cancun from Birmingham via Manchester on April 6th on TOM 577. Please can anyone give us some info on the flight such as aircraft type, inflight movies and how long we're gonna be on the ground in Manchester. Never done a refuel stop before so unsure what to expect.
Many thanks
Tracy :cheers
It will be a 767 which is seated 2-4-2 in economy or 2-3-2 if your in premium. It will be what was an ex Thomsonfly aircraft(not much difference- blue leather instead of green/cream)

Movies haven't been released yet, but I know High School Musical 3 will be one of the movies available.

The refuel will last around 1hr-70 minutes whilst new crew board, new paperwork and flight plans are completed.

The flight between Birmingham and Manchester is usually 14-20 minutes long.

No services services(drinks/meals) can be completed(due to customs and safety laws/rules) until take off from Manchester, so grab some snacks and drinks at Birmingham Airport.
Hi guys, you seem to be in the know an awful lot which is awesome! Could you please help me at all?
We are travelling lgw-sfb, 14 march 09 on flight ToM059 returning on ToM060 on 28 march 09. Could anyone please tell me what type of aircraft this is and what seating config it is in premium? Also, what movies will be playing on the inflight entertainment, and if possible a sample menu in premium? I have an infant( 1 year old) travelling with us. He is not entitled to a meal, nor could I purchase one, so he needs to share ours. However, he has a milk allergy and so I need to know what he can have. If this is not possible, does anyone know if I can take my own food on board for him? He also has to have special formula milk( Nutramigen), can this be taken on board too?
Sorry for the long list of questions!
You are planned to be on an ex - First Choice 767 which has 2-3-2 throughout Premium and Economy.
You can take your own food onboard, not a problem.

Infant formula can be taken through security, they usually ask a parent to sample it infront of them(security agents)
Word of advice, North Terminal is a little congested at the moment especially at the weekend, allow a little extra time.

The catering on ex-FCA long haul flights:-

Star Class(economy)
Outbound:-
Choice of
Sausage and Mash
or
Country Chicken
2nd meal:-
Cheese & Ham roll
Scone, Clotted cream and Jam and Butter.
Inbound:-

Beef Stew
OR
Chicken Korma

2nd service
Pain au
Chocolat, Nutri Grain
Bar, Orange Juice
Cuplet, Milk

Star Class Premier(Premium Economy) - Expect your 2nd or 3rd choice in Premium(never seems to work out right!)
Choice Outbound:-
Braised Beef
OR
Mediterranen Chicken
OR
Veg Ravioli

2nd meal(light snack)
3 finger sandwich=
Egg mayo
Salmon & watercress salad
Chicken & Tomato
Scone, Cream, jam, Chocolate portion

Inbound

Beef Cobbler
OR
Creamy Chicken
OR
Sweet Potato Chilli
2nd meal:-
Rumblers Bowl
Croissant, Orange Juice Cuplet,Jam, Butter
Wow!! How quick was that reply! Thanks so much.
Any idea yet as to the movies onboard? Also, one more query if I may, if I take my own food onboard for our little one, are there any facilities for the crew to warm this up?
thanks again :)
Movies haven't been released yet, but will be phased in shortly.

They are changed every two months Nov/Dec,Jan/Feb and Mar/Apr etc.. The March movies will be introduced from the 23rd Feb though.

Once the full listings are released I can post them on here.

As for food, the crew can heat up bottles of milk, jars of baby food but not much else i'm afraid.
blackcurrent,

blackcurrent wrote:

2) Flying out on OM4452 on the 28th May - Gatwick to Palma, Mallorca and then back on 4th June OM4453. Do you know what aircraft type this will be and if we will get IFE?

I Assume You Mean The TOM4452/4453 as "OM" is the Code For Mongolian Airlines!! :think

The Summer 09 Schedule Is Not Out Yet So I Cant Know For Certain But I Would Expect Your Flight To Be Opertated By Either A Boeing 737-800 (IFE provided by dropdown LCD Monitors) Or A Boeing 757-200 (IFE provided by Monitors in the Aisle)

Both Aircraft Are Configured 3-3 So I Would Have Assumed That They Would Sit The Three Of You Together, They Wont Split You From An Infant

Gower
Thanks for your quick reply - does anyone know when the movies will be released? Kids keep rattling on about them, so they'll be pleased to see HSM3!
Many thanks
tracydawn,

Movies for March / April will be released at the beginning of March. I'm sure BY-TOM-AMM-FCA will be kind enough to post them when they are available, or I will when I get back from Kenya.

Darren
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, thanks for all your help and the link you sent me......................you are amazing!! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.