Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cynical is my middle name,

There isn't a flight immediately before the LTN-SSH-LTN (TOM852/3). The aircraft comes in the previous evening and night-stops. Have a great time :cheers :sun2
Darren
Thanks Darren - more chance of an on-time departure hopefully!
Darren
With regard to brewerdave's post, do you know why Arkefly are covering some of the LGW-HOG flights? We aren't flying until March, so are due to pay the balance. If this is going to be an ongoing thing, I won't be paying it but will transfer the deposit to a different holiday. Hubby cannot fly for that length of time with 29" seat pitch. It could seriously damage his health.
Hi ho much do they charge for headphones for the ife on the a321-200 thanks
christiger007,

Headphones are £2.75 per set or £8 for a family pack of 4. You can always take any sets you already have, just make sure they have the 2 pin plugs or you have an adapter.

Darren
Sunaddict,

It's not just flights to HOG that are effected, there are other destinations too. I assume it's due to aircraft downtime. I believe it's only until sometime in January.

Titan Airways Boeing 767-300 (G-POWD) is also covering some flights at the moment, I would assume helping with the backlog due to weather delays.

Darren
I know it's not just Holguin but they seem to have had a few Arkefly on that route.
Thanks for the reply Darren. How things get back to normal soon :cheers
All long haul flights from Birmingham this week have been operating with a delay of around 6-8 hours as it is the same aircraft being used just can not catch up. I am surprised that Thomsonfly have not chartered in another airctraft to catch up before Christmas
uno28,

It's not that simple unfortunately. Its rather expensive to wet lease an aircraft and there may not be crew available if its dry leased. Then theres slot availability and ground handling to consider. Thats assuming theres an aircraft available at short notice. These are often high density configurations where passengers complain. They have aircraft leased to cover some flights presently. I know a 6-8 hour delay is far from ideal and frustrating for passengers, but things will get back to normal.

Darren
help just booked to go to hurghada 28th jan from manchester and want to select a seat only rows 10 to 17 showing dont want to get the row without a window which would be best many thanks
nissano2,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights. It ensures we get the correct information for you. MAN-HRG-MAN (TOM506/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Avoid row 15 and you'll be fine. 13 and 14 are quite nice, right next to the singing Rolls-Royce RB211's!

Darren
wow what a quick reply many thanks so sorry i didnt put flight numbers in have only just booked it and couldnt remember it HAPPY NEW YEAR to you many thanks
Hi Dazbo, me again! What aircraft operated Tom60 yesterday! Thanks! Only 3 weeks 6 days to go! Woo! x
racegirl3075,

It was G-PJLO. It changes every week but is an ex-FCA (now they're back to full strength) so no need to keep asking.

Darren
Darren,

I've booked a Thomson 757-200 flight, and again the only seats showing where pretty much in the front half of the aircraft! I've gone and booked row 15 there and row 10 back... but just read you said to avoid row 15! How come? Are there no windows there? Gonna be gutted if there's no window!

Flight is TOM382/383 from BHX. Cheers fella.
Benjamin,

There are 4 different configurations on the 752. However, there are no windows on row 15 or 16 as it's where some of the systems are routed, eg wiring and air conditioning. The window is blanked out. Everything else is the same, it's just the lack of window on that row.

Darren
Ah bloody hell... out of all the places I could have picked and I went and picked row 15! I wonder if it's gonna be possible to change my seat, I know you can't do it online... think I'll try giving customer services a call to see if they can do it. Not holding my breath though...

Cheers for that, I'd have been really gutted if I'd have got on the plane and there'd have been no window for like 6 hours.
Ok, just called Thomson, apparently they can change the seats for us, they're gonna give me a call back and let me know what's available :) So glad I read about avoiding row 15 and 16... thanks loads. Also cheers for the quick reply!

I don't suppose there's any other rows I should avoid which are windowless, that you know of? Is row 10 ok? haha
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.