Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cheers mate. Just been referencing to your 2 cabin photos I found on a.net :)
hi again,
flying lgw-azs on 19th jan and wondered which route the aircraft was on before hand, and is it a tom or fc aircraft. also is there any news on jan ife or when it will be published.
many thanks.
gooner1970,

Jan / Feb IFE will be posted when it's available as we've mentioned before. Keep a look out and I'll update the link on our What Aircraft? guide. Please post flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights, and it saves us having to trawl through the flight list to find it (the list is 10's pages long). LGW-AZS-LGW (TOM048/9) are operated by a former First Choice 76W (usually) although an ex-TOM has covered odd flights recently, probably due to the weather issues to catch-up. The aircraft normally comes in from Montego Bay (TOM030/1).

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, the inlaws keep making me ask! Keeping eye out for the IFE now. Can't wait for 23rd Jan for our 2 week Caribbean cruise! X :D
Hi,
Parents are flying on TOM 40 (doesn't really seem like an adequate flight no but that's what the cruise op has given them) from LGW to Barbados on 7 Feb, any idea what type of aircraft? They can't seem to sort out seats as it all seems pre-allocated due to them being on a cruise package, all a bit strange to me, especially since I can't seem to find this flight in the thomsonfly schedule, wondered if it was a special charter for the cruises? Anyone have any info would be much appreciate, mum is starting to stress about seats....!
Thanks!
aliflower,

LGW-BGI-LGW (TOM040/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER currently. Thomson Airways pre-allocate seating 24 hours before the flight departs, but they should be able to choose seating by calling the airline (at a charge). With it being a cruise charter, it's slightly different to the normal flights. The flight isn't listed on the Thomson Airways schedule as it's a cruise charter.

Darren
Hi Darren we spoke a couple of months ago about my flight tom118/119. The seating on manchester to sanford flight feb 11th 2011 is 2-3-2 and not a very big plane at all, there wasn't many seats to choose from. but we have now chosen our seats. When will we know what films we will have on the tvs? and any idea what meals will be served? the kids are all asking lol getting very excited now. oh if you know exactly which plane this is and have any photos of the inside and out the kids would love to see them.
many thanks
Donna :D
taboogirl1 wrote:
The seating on manchester to sanford flight feb 11th 2011 is 2-3-2 and not a very big plane at all

The aircraft is a Boeing 767-300ER in the ex-FCA configuration. You'll find extensive aircraft information including aircraft photos inside and out on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Once you get onboard, I'm sure you'll see it's actually quite a large aircraft and not small at all. It has a maximum take off weight (MTOW) of 186,900 kg, or the weight of approximately 130 family sized cars. The wing span is 47.57m (156ft 1in) with a length overall of 54.94m (180ft 3in) and 15.85m (52ft 0in) high. It's by no means a jumbo jet, but it's a feat of engineering to get it off the ground and transport 258 passengers in relative comfort a quarter of the way around the world without stopping. A Pa28 that I had lessons in, now that's a small aircraft. You could park 3 of them on each wing!

IFE will be released in the next week or so for Jan / Feb. I'll post the link on our What Aircraft? guide when it's available. Meals are normally a choice of chicken or beef. I posted details here.

Darren
Thanks Darren that's a great help will keep an eye out for that then, i knew the IFE would be available soon. The meals look great. Most of us have not flown before so it is all new. there are 12 of us in total. I know i'm quite nervous about it but also very excited at the same time.
Many thanks for your help
Donna :tup
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
aliflower,

LGW-BGI-LGW (TOM040/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER currently. Thomson Airways pre-allocate seating 24 hours before the flight departs, but they should be able to choose seating by calling the airline (at a charge). With it being a cruise charter, it's slightly different to the normal flights. The flight isn't listed on the Thomson Airways schedule as it's a cruise charter.

Darren

Great, thanks so much, will put mother's mind at rest a bit!
Hi, we're flying on 18.01.2011, TOM 158, from Manchester. Could you let me know what plane this is please?

Thanks!
Nicky789,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-GOI-MAN (TOM158/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Brilliant, thank you very much for your quick reply :cheers
Manchester to Mexico flight. Been reading about some people only having 30" legroom due to changed plane, would not like 10 hours in that space. Do you know if they are still using these planes
bejay,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. There are several flights per week from the UK to CUN. Odd flights have been changed to short haul aircraft to cover technical issues with long haul aircraft, and the recent weather problems. These are isolated flights. I know it's not ideal, but i'm sure those involved would prefer a short haul aircraft rather than a day or two delay.

Darren
Hi Darren, I'm flying Man to Can on Saturday TOM 144 back on 15th Jan TOM 145 any idea if this will be changed to a short haul plane, I have pre booked seats if it is changed to short haul how will the seats work then.

Thanks

Irene
IreneC,

Unless you've been notified of a change, and assuming no technical issues, your flight will onboard the regular long haul aircraft (ex-TOM 76W).

Have a great holiday :cheers
Darren
Hi

Does anyone know why TOM104 MAN-PUJ scheduled for today is now supposed to be departing tomorrow, and TOM105 is showing as cancelled?

Also where was this flight coming in from?

Thanks
Thanks Darren so helpful as usual, I'll try very hard to have a great holiday :sun2

Irene
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.