Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
take it I will get the info when Dazbo is back

You will :)
For those that have been asking about the various seats onboard the First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER's, these are photos of the various seats for reference (please excuse the state of the cabin, they were taken after our flight back from Puerto Plata this morning):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-1.jpg
Standard economy seating (I kept my seat clean!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-3.jpg
Bulkhead row 14 - pairs (extra legroom)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-6.jpg
Bulkhead row 11 - centre (extra legroom)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-2.jpg
Over-wing exit row 20 - extra legroom (most spacious if you can get them)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-5.jpg
Premium Economy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-PJLO-4.jpg
Front row Premium Economy

Darren
shazajo,

NCL-LPA-NCL (TOM1142/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Darren,thought you had been to Cayo Levantado? Isn't it closer to Punta Cana airport??
brewerdave,

I have, along with baz657 but we flew in to Puerto Plata as it was only available from their. I don't think there's much in it really. It's a 3.5 hour drive between Samana and Puerto Plata, and that's with a minibus driver with lead boots and overtakes anything! It's a fair amount of travelling but worth it. It was an extra 30 minutes on the way back to Puerto Plata when the trailer with our luggage lost a wheel, but that's a story for another thread!

Darren
Welcome home Darren, and thanks for posting the photos.

Having booked Premium Economy for our flight to Mexico in August, I was thinking about requesting the front row, but after seeing the photo, think I have changed my mind!

Regards,
Pat
Darren

Nice to see the old seat colour scheme before they change them all to navy :(
befreetoday
when does that happen???
dazbo.
what were the movies and when are they due to change??
hope you had a great time fella!!
Buzzer14

All seats are being recovered in blue navy dbla and oobk have already been done
buzzer14,

It's only a colour change, nothing to worry about. Full current IFE details are linked on our What Aircraft? guide. I update them as they're released every 2 months.

Darren
Hi! Can anyone tell me which aircraft is operating TOM108 tomorrow from MAN to Barbados? Also, any ideas where the aircraft is coming in from?

Thanks in advance
glg22,

MAN-BGI-MAN (TOM108/9) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER, likely to be G-DBLA. The aircraft should be operating the Cancun flight (TOM144/5) at the moment and is scheduled to land at 0720 in the morning for your flight.

Darren
Hi Dazbo,

Hope you had a good holiday - was just wondering whether you'd had a chance to look up the a/c type for my flights TOM 4668/4669 LGW-FUE-LGW on June 9th/16th respectively yet... have I managed to get the A321s yet again...?!

Thanks,

GK :)
GoldenKnight,

We had a great time thanks. It's looking like an A321-200 again. There's a single A321-200 based at LGW this summer and it's doing FUE. You'll be pleased to know all the Airbus are leaving the fleet so you'll be Boeing if you go after November!

All but one of the A320's leave the fleet in April (the other at the end of the summer season, MAN based) with the A321's leaving in November (1x LGW based, 1 MAN based). The remaining 737-300's leave in May.

Darren
For those interested, the expected Summer 2012 aircraft bases are as follows:

Belfast - 1x Boeing 737-800
Birmingham - 1x Boeing 737-800, 4x Boeing 757-200, 1x Boeing 767-300/ER (selected days)
Bournemouth - 1x Boeing 737-800
Bristol - 2x Boeing 757-200, 1x Boeing 767-300 (selected days)
Cardiff - 1x Boeing 737-800, 1x Boeing 757-200
Doncaster - 2x Boeing 737-800
Dublin - 1x Boeing 737-800
East Midlands - 1x Boeing 757-200, 2x Boeing 737-800, 1x Boeing 767-300 (selected days)
Edinburgh - 1x Boeing 757-200
Exeter - 1x Boeing 737-800
Gatwick - 6 x Boeing 737-800, 3 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Airbus A321, 4 x Boeing 767-300/ER
Glasgow - 2x Boeing 757-200, 1x Boeing 767-300/ER (selected days)
Luton - 1x Boeing 757-200, 2x Boeing 737-800
Manchester - 4x Boeing 737-800, 1x Airbus A320, 1x Airbus A321, 2x Boeing 757-200, 5x Boeing 767-300/ER
Newcastle: 1x Boeing 737-800, 2x Boeing 757-200, 1x Boeing 767-300/ER (selected days)
Stansted - 2x Boeing 737-800

Darren
Off to Cuba again soon - but I'm afraid another couple of questions about the flight.
It's TOM172/173 Manchester-Varadero in May.
I've booked my flight seats using the Thomson website
- and that showed the plane as a Thomson 767 - not a ex-First Choice one.
(The seating was 2-4-2 on the plan).
However I see that the last couple of weeks it appears the flight is now being operated by ex-FC planes
(G-OOBM and G-OOBK).
My questions -
Has this been changed now back to ex-FC on schedules?
Since I've booked the "H" seat - what happens to me if it has really switched to 2-3-2?
Do I lose my window seat? (or have to sit on the wing?)
:(
Ukbill

You should go with what the Thomson seat plan shows you. There are a few aircraft changes coming up to allow for maintenance etc so its likely your flight will have been ear marked for an ex-TOM for some time anyway
To keep everybody informed on our previous inability to select our seats for our forthcoming flight to Mexico on 17th May returning on 31st May.

Guess what... still not able to book the seats. They apparently are having problems with uploading the seating plan for our flights.

Still not feeling confident about this at all.

Mark :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.