Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren - I appreciate your swift answer.

Sara :)
Hi Darren

Flying Luton - SSH TOM0634 return TOM0635 Depart 28th June

Dont usually fly from Luton but woiuld like to know what aircraft it will be and what would be the best seats to pre-book

Thanks in advance
jeffmaslin,

LTN-SSH-LTN (TOM634/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200. There are no 'best' seats. Seating is personal preference. Other than extra legroom rows, all seats offer the same basic facilities.

Darren
Hi,

Having booked Premium Upgrade with First choice to Cancun in August, I'm trying to decide which seat numbers to request.

I'm leaning towards Row 1 Seats A/B. I do realise that these are bulk head seats and are situated behind the toilets, but I would like to hear the opinions from people who have actually used these seats.

Many thanks,
Pat
pat,

I thought you'd decided against row 1? The toilet in the premium cabin is only on the A/B side of the aircraft. Seats F/G are just behind a bulkhead with the toilets aft of row 9 on that side.

Darren
I'm leaning towards Row 1 Seats A/B.

Pat - you will have to be very lucky/quick to get that row - I booked as soon as I could when we flew Premium last October...but rows 1/2 were full already!!
Hi Darren,

I am flying MAN to ACE on 6th June 2012 (TOM2300) and returning on 20th June (TOM2301). Can you please advise what aircraft is scheduled for these flights. I am also a little confused as I have pre-booked seats (row 34 outbound and row 35 inbound) for both legs of the journey. Whilst booking the seats on the thomsom website it stated that we will be flying on a 757-200 but only showed 36 rows on the seating plan. When I have searched the web to look at the 757-200 seating plan it shows in excess of 40 rows for the 757-200 seating configuration. Why is this?
jmo1980,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2300/1) is normally operated by an Airbus A321-200, hence the seat plan you've seen. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Darren,

Thanks for the prompt response. Much appreciated. :tup
Darren,

Re: Row 1 Premium - Debating between row 1 and last row. Like the idea of 1st row as nobody can recline onto you, but on the other hand I don't like the idea of the TV/tray coming out of the arm rest. However, I realise that if we book the last row there will be a chance that we have no window. Just thought I would post on here again in the hope of getting a bit more feedback from people who have previously been in row one ........... decisions!

brewerdave,

I normally phone the airline up about 4 month before to find out the actual date when the seats will be loaded for our flight, and phone them first thing on that morning. What are your thoughts on row 1?

Thanks for all your help.
Pat
brewerdave,

I normally phone the airline up about 4 month before to find out the actual date when the seats will be loaded for our flight, and phone them first thing on that morning. What are your thoughts on row 1?

I originally wanted a row 1 bulkhead seat because as I'm 6'4" I didn't fancy someone reclining on me!! However,I found enough legroom in rows 4 & 5 - and the reclining issue wasn't too bad - on the night flight on the way out ,the girl in front had the seat reclined virtually the entire flight! On the return I can't remember the person in front actually using the recline. As to the bulkhead row - there was a bit of an issue with the middle seats because several people used it as a gangway to the forward toilet EVEN after being told not to - wouldn't have been happy with that!!! but A,B and F,G looked fine to me.
Darren,

With reference to Thomson A321 aircraft. I have now pre-booked row 26 D,E,F. Are these the exit seat, hence having extra leg room or is it row 25?

Thanks in advance.
jmo1980,

There's a seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) with all the details. Exit row seats are pre-bookable at extra charge. Due to the nature of the seating at the door 3 area on the A321, seats 25 B/C are extra legoom, there are no seats 25 D/E/F. Row 26 seat A is extra legoom and so are 26 E/F.

Darren
pat wrote:
but on the other hand I don't like the idea of the TV/tray coming out of the arm rest

Bear in mind all seats in the premium cabin (ex-FCA) have tray tables that fold out of the arm rest, they don't fold down from the seat in front like on most other aircraft. Row 1 has the addition of the IFE screen as well with being the front row. Arm rests are therefore fixed in the premium cabin. Row 9, the last row in premium doesn't have a window with a 5 in 6 chance of having that configuration, so a good chance you'll have no window in that row. Row 1 is a partial view. Seating is seating to be honest, there are pro's and cons of every row. The only opinion that counts is yours really and you'll only get that by trying them. If you ask 10 people which seat they prefer, you'll probably get 10 different answers. I've sat in seats all over the aircraft (all of the ex-FCA fleet) and don't think it makes a huge difference really. Row 1 has it's pluses and minus, rows 2-8 are all much of a muchness, row 9 just has the lack of window. With the additional 3" of seat pitch, the seat recline issue is less of a problem than in the economy cabin. While there is a little intrusion, its not too bad. If passengers would listen to cabin crew and use the toilets to the aft of row 9, it would ease stress to those in the centre seats at the front but many wish to use the 'premium' toilet even though it's no different to any of the others. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with any of the seats really. I personally would still prefer to save the money and pay for a beter hotel or activities in resort. While the premium experience is nice, it's not that much better than standard seating and not the full premium economy experience of schedules airlines. If all you want is more room, row 20/28 (V2/V1) is the most spacious on the aircraft, just without the added extras (most of which you can purchase seperately if you wish). The ex-FCA configuration is one of the best, if not the best charter configuration of any airline in the world. We are spoilt with them really with many passengers on european charter carriers quite envious of what we get.

Darren
Hi Darren and brewerdave,

You've been a great help.

As there will only be my husband and myself (leaving 18 year old son home alone!) we will be looking at booking eith A/B or F/G. I assume that row 2/3 have their own window seats?

Pat
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
I assume that row 2/3 have their own window seats?

Seats A and G both have a window. Row 1 is a partial view and row 9 (V2) doesn't. All other A/G seats have.

Darren
Hi Darren
On the premium seat issue we have just returned from Barbados on a Ex FCA 767-300 and had row 4 AB but on that flight the front row was 3 when you are talking about row one is that not a 767? sorry to be a pain
Roger
Rogerdoger,

That is the odd one out in the fleet, the V1 aircraft (G-OOAN) that has a slightly different configuration to the other 5 in the fleet, the V2 configured aircraft. The V1 A/B seats start at row 3.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.