Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, we are flying to Cancun from Newcastle (TOM392) on Friday 5th oct, is there any chance you know where the aircraft originates from before coming up to do Newcastle's long-haul from Thursday onwards??
jays25,

The aircraft operates NCL-SFB (Sanford)-NCL (TOM670/1) before operating your flight. Have a great holiday,

Darren
Hi Darren, thanks,
Do you know where the aircraft comes from before the NCL-SFB?
jays25,

You beat me to it, I was just checking! It positions in from Manchester or Gatwick, depending on which aircraft is sent to cover the flights.

Darren
The aircraft being used isn't flying today before tomorrows NCL-SFB
Hi Darren,

Just noticed that there is a version 1 & version 2, is there a big difference and what one are we likely to be on, hope this isn't a stupid question.

Thanks again

Irene

Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Irene67,

It'll be an ex-FCA.

Darren
Irene67,

The difference is limited to a couple of rows. The premium section is slightly different as well as the front of the economy cabin and the position of the overwing exit row. Other than that, they are the same. Only 1 of the 6 aircraft are in the V1, the other 5 are V2 so it's more likely to be a V2 than a V1. As aircraft are rotated regularly, it's hard to say which will be on your flight. Seat plans for both are linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The V1 aircraft (G-OOAN) is due to be withdrawn from use in Winter 12/13 once the Boeing 787-8's are delivered.

Darren
Thanks Darren, a great help as usual :tup

Irene
Hi Darren,

Is there any info on the IFE for November yet? Just interested as I fly on the 9th of nov.

noooooobs,

IFE isn't released for the next 2 months until a day or two before the end of the month. I'll update the information as soon as I get it.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs,

IFE isn't released for the next 2 months until a day or two before the end of the month. I'll update the information as soon as I get it.

Darren

Oh ok no probs, hope you had a good holiday? Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

James
noooooobs wrote:
hope you had a good holiday? Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

Great thanks. I went to Hudhurran Fushi Island in the Maldives.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs wrote:
hope you had a good holiday? Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

Great thanks. I went to Hudhurran Fushi Island in the Maldives.

Darren

Excellent, we are looking to go there late next year or early 2014 as we've just booked Mexico for may :-). Will you be writing a trip report? I quite enjoy reading your reports :)
noooooobs,

I wasn't going to as we flew scheduled (Etihad) rather than charter. It's my second trip to the Maldives and all I can say is, it's an amazing place on many levels. To keep us on topic (!), it's just a pity Thomson have dropped Male from Manchester so we don't have any non-stop flights now atlhough it does give the oportunity to try some of the big middle east carriers.

Darren
Hello,

Im booked on the dreamliner to Cancun in July next year.

Just wondering if Thomson have released any seating plans yet? Looking at other carriers it looks like a 3-3-3 seating and I was hoping for a 2 seat somewhere?

Thanks

Z.J.C
z.j.c wrote:
Hello,

Im booked on the dreamliner to Cancun in July next year.

Just wondering if Thomson have released any seating plans yet? Looking at other carriers it looks like a 3-3-3 seating and I was hoping for a 2 seat somewhere?

Thanks

Z.J.C

If you want 2 seats then book premium as its 2-3-2. Economy will be 3-3-3

James
Thought they may be a slim chance of a 2-3-2 at the end of the 787 cabin as is the case with some long haul aircraft but it looks like the 787 will not have this.

Premium is £320 thats 4 flights to Alicante and back! I cannot justify that looks like Ill be annoying someone to move for 11 hours when I want to go for a walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.