Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just phoned up Thomson to upgrade our seats to premium for our trip to Mexico in the dreamlimer and they quoted £435 per person!!! I was willing to pay £260-£300 each but that is ridiculous. Anybody else paid that price?

James
I've seen them higher than that for next year. £560 in May and £580 in July!
Sunaddict wrote:
I've seen them higher than that for next year. £560 in May and £580 in July!

I woulda rather fly on the old 767's if they are going to hike their prices like this when they will be making savings own running costs. Although I guess they will want to offset the original cost of the planes.
We are flying from Manchester to Marsa Alam on 6th of November, Flight TOM472 returning 13th Nov on TOM473.

Can anyone advise what aircraft type it will be and recommend seats with extra leg room?

Cheers,

Slatz
Slatz,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-RMF-MAN (TOM472/3) should be operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) with a link to the seating plan where extra legroom seats are indicated. There are no 'best' seats, it's personal preference. All seats offer the same seat pitch other than extra legroom seats on exit rows (available for an additional fee). Row 12 are good if you're travelling as a couple otherwise row 32.

Darren
Hi there,

We're flying with Thomsons from Manchester to Cancun on 1st January, I've got a couple of questions about checking in the day before, because it is New Years Eve will the check in still be opened that day and because we're going to Mexico they don't issue boarding cards the day before, I wanted to know if we would still have to queue at check in on the day we fly.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Irene
Irene67,

Personally, I don't see the point in day before check-in. You may beet the queue on the day of your flight, but it means you having to go to the airport twice so it's not all that much of a time saver, plus it means you don't have access to your suitcase etc for the night. Just arrive at the airport in good time (before things start to get busy after 7am) and you should be ok. That aside, boarding cards are normally given from the customer services desk if you've checked in the day before. If not, you'll have to queue up again to get them. Check-in is open every day as there are flights departing all year round.

Darren
Thanks Darren for the quick reply as usual. We are staying in the Radisson Blu at the airport, just a short walk to Terminal 2, so I thought it would be handy checking in the day before and then we could take our time over breakfast on the morning of the flight.

We are driving down from Glasgow on the 31st so we will have a small overnight case with us that we will be leaving in the car so we won't need access to our cases, but if we have to go early and queue again on the morning we won't bother checking in early.

Thanks again

Irene
I am also looking to go to Orlando next year for my holidays and have been pricing up Thomson, BA and Virgin Atlantic with Thomsons new premium prices they are only bringing themselves into line with both BA and Virgin.

However the premium service/hard product that will be offered on Thomsons Dreamliner from next year will surpass both scheduled carriers. Its not cheap, but its a fair market price.
hello i am travelling with thomson airways on the 24th may 2013 i knowmit is a long time away but thought i would give it a try. i know i will be travelling on a 767 but do you know if it will be a thomson aircraft orma ex first choice plane ?
many thanks kane
i am travelling to punta cana, dominican republic from london gatwick and would like too see some new pictures of the cabin, seat & food if possible and would like to know how long it should take to fly there
thanks :D :think also i would be highly grateful if you new if my aircraft would be thomson livery (2-4-2) or ex first choice (2-3-2) many thanks
Kaneohighflyer,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are several flights from LGW-PUJ. Subject to your flight number, your flights should be operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including links to aircraft and cabin photos. The flight time is approximately 9.5 hours subject to winds and weather on the day.

Darren
Hi Darren

Off to Kos next week weds 17 October on flight TOM2308 from Manchester. Any idea where the flight before comes in from? As it is an early morning departure it should leave time for ctaching up on any delays?

Thanks again
Malcolm
Malchester,

It's the first flight out for that aircraft, it night stops so there's not a flight immediately before it.

Darren
That was quick

Thanks again Darren

Malcolm
Dazbo HT Mod,
Thanks for quick reply. And sorry forgot to mention that my flight (LGW-PUJ) is departing on the 24th may 2013 & inbound: 4th june and lands on the 5th june (PUJ-LGW) (Thomson Airways).
And my flight number is TOM050 (Outbound) & TOM045 (inbound).

Hope you can find out.
Many thanks, kane :)
Kaneohighflyer,

Thanks for the additional information. Your aircraft details are as above.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.