Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Kaneohighflyer,

Any new ones will only be the same as the ones I've already posted on the link! Bulkhead and extra legroom seats are shown.

Darren
Dazbo
to ensure my wife and I have have a good journey (first time with Thomson)
if possible can you please tell me what kind of plane we will be on?
We usually go with Monarch and pay for extra legroom, it`s not allowed on thomson airways as my wife is disabled. Flight number TOM 2138 and TOM2139 10/6/2013 return 24/6/2013

Jeff.
Jeffro,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2138/9) are likely to be operated by Boeing 737-800 or Boeing 757-200. I'll be able to confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
Hi

This is a multiple question post .

Just got back from Tenerife last week on TOM 5553 5th October and flew out on TOM 5610 from Stansted to PMI on 29th Sept - the flights were not just cruise passengers and some may have been with Saga (?) or perhaps just non cruise hotel package customers - but when checking in they asked us where we would like to sit both when checking in outbound at Stansted and inbound also at TFS - even though the flights turned out to be 99% full both ways - my questions is :- Have they therefore stopped preallocating seats please the "night before " ?

My other question relates to our next holiday where we fly from LGW to Lisbon on 9th Dec on TOM4794 and return from BGI to LGW on TOM0079 on 23rd Dec 2012 - Are they preallocating seats please ? And what types of aircraft are currently allocated to these flights please ?

Fourthly - is there any truth to the rumour that if you prebook odd ball inflight meals eg gluten free or healthy eating they automatically sit you together and next to each other eg seats a and b or
does that only apply to the inflight champagne flightextras or does it make no difference ?

Sorry for 4 questions in one post !

Thank you.
HuddersfieldTourist,

Your flights were cruise charters, not mainline Thomson flight so it's handled in a different way. Thomson are appointed to operate the flight to the specification of the cruise. That's why there's a difference between normal Thomson check-in and your cruise charter. Seating is pre-alloated on mainline flights, but not on ad-hoc charters. If your next flights are also cruise charters, then seats probably won't be pre-allocated on that flight. The flights should be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER, certainly the return is. If you book special meals, they are just given to whatever seat number you are in. You don't get allocated a particular seat just because you have a special meal ordered, same with champagne.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo can I ask what the second number is please ie 737/200 737/800

Jeff
Jeffro,

The return flight is always the same aircraft type as the outbound (hence TOM2138/9).

Darren
Sorry Dazbo what I meant was what does the 200/800 mean

Jeff
Jeffro,

It's the aircraft type. The first number is the aircraft model, the second number the series. For example, the first Boeing 737 was a -100 series (737-100). Over the years, size increases and updates have created new series of the aircraft so there's been the -200, -300, -400 etc. Thomson are operating the 737-800 series, one of the later series in the 737 family.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
HuddersfieldTourist,

Your flights were cruise charters, not mainline Thomson flight so it's handled in a different way. Thomson are appointed to operate the flight to the specification of the cruise. That's why there's a difference between normal Thomson check-in and your cruise charter. Seating is pre-alloated on mainline flights, but not on ad-hoc charters. If your next flights are also cruise charters, then seats probably won't be pre-allocated on that flight. The flights should be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER, certainly the return is. If you book special meals, they are just given to whatever seat number you are in. You don't get allocated a particular seat just because you have a special meal ordered, same with champagne.

Darren

Thanks for the reply - the flight to Palma and back from Tenerife in October was from the the Thomson Dream cruise however there were 149 cruise package passengers and the rest of the passengers were either flight only or Thomson holiday package customers etc but this was also seats allocated on departure.
As this package is a Thomson only product ( ie not flights for Fred Olsen or P and O etc) they have in the past been always preallocated in recent years.

The December cruise is also Thomson Dream also but in the past when we have sailed many Thomson Cruise package flights including those which I know have been cruise only passengers the seats have been pre-allocated - eg the last time we had a flight to Lisbon they were pre allocated and that was for the Thomson Destiny - so something has changed either as a temporary thing or permananently !!

So now more puzzled !!
Hi were flying to Gran Canaria on the 16 Sept 2013 from manchester. I know its early but just wondered if anyone knew what thomson plane it will be. Ive looked at seat plans and it tell you 2 planes A321 and 676 which one is it most likely to be thanks. :cheers
Samclare,

Do you have flight numbers? There are often several flights so it's useful to quote them if you have them. MAN-LPA-MAN are likely to be operated by Boeing 757-200 or 737-800.

Darren
Hi yes sorry flight numbers are MAN-LPA TOM 2112 16th september 2013 and LPA-MAN TOM2113 23rd september 2013 :cheers
samclare,

The TOM2112/3 are showing as Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul) at the moment but if you remind me closer to the time, I'll confirm things for you.

Darren
Flying to Dom.Rep. on 3rd Jan.2013,(returning 17th) TOM 070/TOM 071. Just wondered if you had any idea which plane and seat configuration it is likely to be.We (2 couples) have booked premium cabin,and ideally want to book 2 x2 seats behind the other, and also the 2 men want window seats!!! I am thinking any of the rows 3-8 A/B ...Would these suit our needs? Thanks in anticipation.
milliemeg,

TOM070/1 are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Any of the seats you mention will meet your needs.

Darren
Hi Darren,

It's the pest again ;)

Managed to reserve our seats at long last, Thomson were very slow letting me in to book them, anyway, the seats from 16 on were all booked and I don't like the back of the plane it's always a bit noisy for me, I booked 19F & 19G, other than the wing is there anyting about these seats not to like.

Thanks

Irene

Irene67 wrote:
Hi there,

Due to fly Manchester to Cancun 1st Jan TOM122 returning 15th Jan TOM123, We are in economy, Darren has already told me that it should be an ex First Choice 767-300ER we are on and he also told me that rows 16 forward and rows 29 back would avoid the wing, I know Darren is on holiday but could anyone else let me know if any seats on these rows don't have windows, my hubby is not a great traveller :( and finds that being able to look out the window helps him.

Thanks

Irene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.