Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Is there any difference between rows 15 & 16 on the B737-800?
Nickj66,

Welcome onboard :tup
The only difference between rows 15 and 16 on the 73H is row 15 doesn't recline, row 16 does. Both have the same seat pitch on the over wing exit rows.

Darren
I see Thomson have started to apply the new livery on the boeing 752's G-OOBH has just been painted .
Hi Darren

could you please advise if any airlines have wide bodied aircrafts that fly from any of the major airports to tenerife south on either the 27th or 28th of december returning 14 nights later?

the reaosn I ask is because one of our party has a major claustrphobia fear and will only travel on wide bodied aircraft? He feels to confined on single isle planes (crazy I know)!

He is based in the Birmingham area, so traveling to Manchester/London will not be a problem for him.

thanks very much in advance and apologies for the vauge question

James
james 84,

You can check that yourself by doing dummy bookings to TFS. Try Monarch (ZB564/5) on the 28th from MAN.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

You can check that yourself by doing dummy bookings to TFS. Try Monarch (ZB564/5) on the 28th from MAN.

Darren

ch :tup eers Darren will do!
Can I take a whole unopened box of contact lenses in my hand luggage! It's a box of 30 disposables, but they're all encased in seperate pods containing solution.
racegirl3075 wrote:
Can I take a whole unopened box of contact lenses in my hand luggage! It's a box of 30 disposables, but they're all encased in seperate pods containing solution.

...Thats what my wife did ...or at least,since she has different prescriptions for L & R eye,she took ~ 18 of each in a rigid plastic case (used as the cardboard boxes, as supplied, are bigger).As said previously,she used to empty this out into a clear plastic bag until Gatwick security officer told her that it wasn't necessary. :tup
We are due to fly from Birmingham on Daturday 26 January 2013 to Cancun,Mexico on TOM 831.

Will this be an ex First Choice aircraft of a Thomson aircraft?
Stevenc4874,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM830/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi, I might be having a senior moment but I can't find details of what the price of the premium upgrade is on Thomson flights to Cuba, or even that this is definitely available on the Gatwick - Holguin flights. Is there anybody who has done this recently and knows how much it is? All I can find on the Thomson site is that it starts from £149.

My main reason for asking is that I'm travelling to Santiago de Cuba in March and know that I'll be needing the maximum possible baggage allowance in order to take things out there for friends with me. From what I can work out it will cost an extra £95 for 25kgs of checked in baggage plus the free 5kgs of cabin baggage and another £30 to choose my seat (not that important to me as I'll be travelling on my own) let alone the added cost for an extra legroom seat. However, an allowance of 23kgs checked baggage plus 7kgs of cabin baggage seems to be included in the Premium upgrade so depending on the actual price it could be worth my while to pay not that much more for the upgrade and have not only the increased baggage allowance but also the added comfort.

SM
Flight only? Do a dummy booking and it tells you after you've entered your search criteria and pressed enter. The price comes up under the flights details, next to 'select this flight'. If there's no price, premium is fully booked. March seems to be around £300+ upwards.
Hi Sunaddict, thanks for such a quick reply - looks like premium from Gatwick is fully booked for my dates. It comes up as available for flights both departing the week before and the week after my dates but not the dates I need to travel on. Even at around £300 I'd have probably booked it but looks as if I don't have the choice so no need to even think about whether it will be worth paying the extra!

Doing what you suggested, it surprised me to discover that flights which included the Easter weekend, and are presumably within the schools holidays, were coming up £40 cheaper than for my dates! Perhaps because the flights I need were selling quicker in order to avoid the English school holidays? Who knows, had I booked with Thomson earlier instead of waiting while being given the run around by TC about their flights from Manchester, I might have got both a cheaper flights and been able to book Premium. But there it goes, no point fretting now - better to concentrate on looking forward to my trip.

SM
I think part of it is people trying to avoid Easter, We always avoid school holiday. The other part is that Thomsons don't fly from Manchester, therefore you get some of the normal Manchester holidaymakers as well, so availability soon goes. We had to fly from Gatwick last March, but BA are stopping flying MAN-LGW so will have to scratch my head for future Cuban visits.
hi, can anyone confirm this please.
i am due to fly 13 feb 2013 returning 27 feb , i have booked premium seats,travel agent says to choose seats 90 days before return flight, is this the exact date the seats are available to choose? i am sure in the past i have booked seats 90 days from outbound flight.
if TA is correct it seems a little unfair that those holidaying for one week get the pick of the seats.
jhe,

90 days from the inbound is the official time the seats are released. However, it all depends when the flight is loaded and released. It's sometimes a day or two before 90 days, but more often than not, 90 days. Just keep checking from a few days before your release date.

Darren
thanks for the quick reply darren, a bit disappointing that we cant choose seats the same time as anyone travelling for one week instead of a week after them, will just have to keep our fingers crossed that we manage to get seats next to each other and not in front/behind.
my friend i am travelling with has a phobia of flying and is worried i wont be next to her now!.

just an after thought but do you know if it is possible to book the outbound flight seats as soon as they are released then book the inbound 2 weeks later when they are released?
You can book both outbound and inbound at the same time once your seat plan opens.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.