Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jhe wrote:
thanks for the quick reply darren, a bit disappointing that we cant choose seats the same time as anyone travelling for one week instead of a week after them, will just have to keep our fingers crossed that we manage to get seats next to each other and not in front/behind.
my friend i am travelling with has a phobia of flying and is worried i wont be next to her now!.

just an after thought but do you know if it is possible to book the outbound flight seats as soon as they are released then book the inbound 2 weeks later when they are released?

It depends on who you get on the phone. Sometimes you can book outbound at 90 days prior and ring back and book inbound 90 days prior. Sometimes you have to wait until 90 days prior to your return flight to book either, and it has been known to be able to book both at 90 days prior to the oubound flight. It seems to vary depending you who you actually speak to on the phone.
If you book a Thomson Platinum holiday, you have an increase from 5kg carry on to 7kg. What I can't find in the T&Cs in the back of the brochure, is, can you take a larger bag?
Mobor One wrote:
If you book a Thomson Platinum holiday, you have an increase from 5kg carry on to 7kg. What I can't find in the T&Cs in the back of the brochure, is, can you take a larger bag?

Irrespective of whether you have 5kg or 7kg allowance the size must not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
gbailey141,

The aircraft aren't due to leave until the end of the winter 12/13 season (end of April 2013). The 787-8's will then be introduced in to the long haul programme commencing May 2013 where 3 787-8's will be online by then, replacing the 3 ex-FCA 763's that are leaving. There won't be any shortfall in capacity. The other 763 is short haul and will be replaced by other aircraft in the fleet. 787's will be used on some short haul routes for crew familiarisation from March 2013. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
gbailey141,

The aircraft aren't due to leave until the end of the winter 12/13 season (end of April 2013). The 787-8's will then be introduced in to the long haul programme commencing May 2013 where 3 787-8's will be online by then, replacing the 3 ex-FCA 763's that are leaving. There won't be any shortfall in capacity. The other 763 is short haul and will be replaced by other aircraft in the fleet. 787's will be used on some short haul routes for crew familiarisation from March 2013. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Thanks for the detailed reponse Darren. Much appreciated.
Sunaddict wrote:
jhe wrote:
thanks for the quick reply darren, a bit disappointing that we cant choose seats the same time as anyone travelling for one week instead of a week after them, will just have to keep our fingers crossed that we manage to get seats next to each other and not in front/behind.
my friend i am travelling with has a phobia of flying and is worried i wont be next to her now!.

just an after thought but do you know if it is possible to book the outbound flight seats as soon as they are released then book the inbound 2 weeks later when they are released?

It depends on who you get on the phone. Sometimes you can book outbound at 90 days prior and ring back and book inbound 90 days prior. Sometimes you have to wait until 90 days prior to your return flight to book either, and it has been known to be able to book both at 90 days prior to the oubound flight. It seems to vary depending you who you actually speak to on the phone.

thanks sun addict. i phoned thomson first thing this morning and got through to a very helpful person, i have booked the outbound seats but the return flight plan has not yet been loaded.
just glad i didnt wait until the 30th november like the travel agent advised.
got the seats together thankfully for my nervous friend.
only thing confusing me is, the person from thomson confirmed the aircraft as a 767- 300 V1, i was told i could choose row 2 FG but not the seats in front as they are medical seats, as i understand it the V1 doesnt have row 1FG.
Hi
Just a quick couple of questions regarding Thomson Airways, I have heard rumours that NCL (Newcastle) will be losing there 757's from Summer 2013 and will be an all 738 base excluding the usual 767 for longhaul is this correct?

Also, if so many of the 767's (e.g the ex-FCA aircraft etc) which usually operate NCL's longhaul summer programme fairly consistently) are leaving the fleet at the end of this winter 12/13 programme, then which aircraft will operate the summer 2013 longhaul programme from newcastle, as NCL as I understand isn't really in Thomson's dreamliner plans for longhaul flights?

Thanks
Jas
Ive read that NCL will be a 3 x 738 base neummer with a possibility of a 4th . The 767's will still be flying out of NCL next summer as there is still enough of them left to cover as the 787's will be in service .Its only a matter of time before the 787's replace the whole long haul programme so they will be flying soon of of Newcastle
I've also read 3 x 738s, and a 763 on Monday/Tuesday.
Jays25,

Some 757's are leaving the fleet and are being replaced by 738's. NCL will be all 738's in summer 2013 with long haul operated by 763. Long haul may go 788 from summer 2014.

Darren
I meant to say. When I picked my seats for my flight to Goa, the front half of the plane was reserved for people without meals.

I had the meals thrown in as part of the package, but wanted to sit at the front end of the plane.

Not really 100% "Your seat, your choice"!!!
Mobor One wrote:
I meant to say. When I picked my seats for my flight to Goa, the front half of the plane was reserved for people without meals.

I had the meals thrown in as part of the package, but wanted to sit at the front end of the plane.

Not really 100% "Your seat, your choice"!!!

The front rows of the aircraft would be premium economy. Thomsons long haul flights and packages include meals as standard for everyone.
Not the premium bit, but the front half of economy didn't have a image of a knife and fork, but the back half did.
Hi,
I am flying to Cancun on 22/11/12 on TOM 092 from Gatwick,can you possibly tell me whether this will be an ex fca or a Thomson aircraft and also where it will be coming in from

Many Thanks

Nutmeg1
nutmeg1,

LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM092/3) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. The aircraft operates TOM048/9 previously, also from Cancun.

Darren
Many thanks for the speedy reply Darren : )
Just a quick questions. We are planning on going to Cancun on the 31st May. Will the B787's be in use by then? Are there any delays on the planned flights for them yet?

Thank.
luke225,

I'll need more information to let you know if it'll be a 787-8. Where are you flying from and what's the flight number? The 787-8's will be operating long haul from May 2013 on selected flights, some of which are Cancun. All the information, including which flights are scheduled to be operated by the 787-8's is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.