Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
luke225,

LGW-CUN-LGW (Thursday - TOM092/3 or Friday - TOM062/3) are operated by Boeing 787-800.

Darren
Flight TOM052 - Gatwick to Goa - 8th December

Hi Darren

Are you able to tell me where this flight will be coming from to turn around to go to Goa?
Hi Darren
Do you know if Tom 770 from BHX on the 25th Feb is an ex FCA and the return Tom771 on the 11th March
Thanks
Roger
Hello!

I'm thinking of applying as TOM crew out of LBA, please could you tell me if it will be a 738 based their and what routes the aircraft will be flying, as I presume they might charter seats off other airlines.

Many thanks!
Mobor One,

The aircraft operating TOM052/3 comes in from Mombassa (TOM076/7 - most likely) or Montego Bay (TOM024/5).

Darren
Rogerdoger,

BHX-SID-BHX (TOM770/1) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Specific aircraft are rotated pretty much weekly so it's impossabe to say this far out which it will be. It makes little difference as they are all the same inside other than the seat design.

Darren
crabstick,

If you are thinking of applying as cabin crew, does it matter what aircraft is based? Surely getting the job is more important than the aircraft? Routes out of LBA are all detailed on Thomsons website.

Darren
Thanks Darren, you're a star. I know what to look out for on the arrivals board at Gatwick now.
Hi again Darren
Sorry i did not tell you the destination of our flight on the 25th Feb from BHX TOM770/1 we are going to BGI Barbados not SID i think its a 767-300 but dont know if its ex FCA
Thanks
Roger
Hi Darren

I have just been reading Thomsons Wiki page and in the fleet section it states that during the 2012/13 winter season all of their 757's will be re configured from 233 to 221 seats.

Do you know if this is true?

if so howm much extra leg room will it give and when will these revised layouts be in service?

cheers
Rogerdoger,

That explains why I didn't see it for your dates of travel! That flight number is commonly used for the SID flight as well. As it's a cruise charter you're on (I assume), I don't have that information to hand at the moment as the flights don't commence until 23rd December. It's a Boeing 767-300/ER (ex-FCA), but I won't have that information until 23rd December if you remind me then.

Darren
No just curious, I used to work 733 and 752 so just wondering what it would be in comparison to the last job I had! Believe me, I'd fly on pretty much any aircraft as long as I got the job! I'm presuming it would be a 738 with the routes they have scheduled.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
crabstick,

It's a TOM 73H (Tuifly lease) as far as I know for S13 although some flights are still showing as TBA.

Darren
Hi Darren
Thanks for info it is a cruise and i will ask again later, but seat plans are out as i have booked ours
Thanks again
Roger
james 84,

The reduction in seat numbers on the 757-200 fleet from 233/5 to 221 is to allow a few extra legroom rows towards the front of the aircraft to give premium, comfort and economy areas. It's called operation sparkle aparently and is to bring the fleet in line with their sister airlines. This is the removal of a row in the forward and mid cabin but not the rear so I doubt those further back will have any extra seat pitch. Those up front are likely to have 34" seat pitch for a supliment.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

The reduction in seat numbers on the 757-200 fleet from 233/5 to 221 is to allow a few extra legroom rows towards the front of the aircraft to give premium, comfort and economy areas. It's called operation sparkle aparently and is to bring the fleet in line with their sister airlines. This is the removal of a row in the forward and mid cabin but not the rear so I doubt those further back will have any extra seat pitch. Those up front are likely to have 34" seat pitch.

Darren

cheers Darren

do you know if these will be avalible this winter on any flights?

cheers
Yes, two 757's have been refitted. I think at least one is based at BHX but it may move!
Thanks for the speedy reply as always Darren.
Hi Darren

Can you please confirm the aircraft types for both Thomson flight TOM 2588/9 & 2570/1 Man - TFS (returning on 11/01/13) on 28/12/12

are they both 757's

the price of both these flights have fell massivley this morning, they were £338 (retuen) each yesterday and have today been reduced to £178 return

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.