Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cheers Darren

I have booked onto 2588 28/12/12 returning on 2589 11/01/13

is it to early to know the aircraft registration or where it will have arried from?

thanks
james 84,

It's impossable to know the registration this far out, Thomson probabley won't even know that yet! Aircraft are rotated weekly for operatinal reasons. Other than the seat design, it makes little difference. It's the first flight out at 0950 for that aircraft as it night stops.

Darren
Hi

I am travelling to Cuba in January - Does anyone know where I can find out what films/entertainment will be shown?

Thanks
Juliet
chica.julietta,

Current IFE is linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) and is for Novemeber / December. It's changed every 2 months. I'll update the listing for Janauary / February towards the end of the month when I get in.

Darren
Thanks for your help Darren, I'll check back after the New Year

Juliet
Ukjode,

Welcome onboard :tup
The stop in Manchester is for fuel, subject to the weight of the aircraft and the prevailing weather on the day. The runway at BHX isn't long enough to allow the aircraft to take-off fully fuelled si it needs to top the tanks up in Manchester and use the longer runways their. BHX is having a 400m runway extension so this will be a thing of the past when completed. The aircraft positions in to BHX to early morning to operate your flight.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

It's impossable to know the registration this far out, Thomson probabley won't even know that yet! Aircraft are rotated weekly for operatinal reasons. Other than the seat design, it makes little difference. It's the first flight out at 0950 for that aircraft as it night stops.

Darren

cheers Darren, how long is it before the registration is usually know? I'd just be interested to know if it has the new 'dreamliner' livery.

Also do thomson still use ex first choice 757's

cheers
james 84,

It can change up to the morning of the flight. Like I said, it makes little difference other than the seat design and the odd seat. Some of the ex-FCA airframes are still in the fleet wearing old and new liveries.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
jhe,

MAN-POP-MAN (TOM154/5) are ex First Choice. They are sometimes reserved for crew on longer flights, for examplke Cancun, but not normally Rom Rep. As I mentioned, it'll more than likely be a V2 aircraft as there's only 1 V1 in the fleet, but they are rotated pretty much weekly s it's impossable to know this far from your flight.

Darren

Can anyone tell me the reg no of the V1 aircraft please, i have looked and so far i still cant see it.
Grahamy,

It's G-OOAN. All the information you're looking for is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Daz , your a star.

Ive looked at that page too , somehow i missed it .
Hi Darren

do the 757 short hall fleet (to tenerfire) still not have any IFE?

the reason I am asking is because on your what flight page you have detailed that the 757 are getting a premium cabin during winter 2012, inc IFE. is this only of the premium section or will all the flight get the IFE

cheers
james 84,

All the latest information is on our what Aircraft? guide. There's no IFE on the 757-200's currently. The 'premium cabin' is just extra legroom, it's not like the long haul premium cabin.

Darren
Hi Darren we are traveling to Sharm from Doncaster in March can you advise will it be 737-800 or 757-200.
qatarman,

Please quote flight numbers, I can't check on specific flights without them. I assume you're on the DSA-SSH-DSA (TOM808/9)? This is a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Sorry Darren,
We are on Tom 0808 outbound and Tom 0363 inbound.
Thank you.
qatarman,

TOM808/363 are Boeing 737-800 and currently bases at DSA is one of the newest aircraft in the fleet. That of course is likely to change between now and your flights.

Darren
Hi Darren

You've helped me out in the past so here I come on the cadge again...sorry!

Just booked our first every long-haul holiday to Mexico. 2 weeks from BHX 30/3/12 TOM830 and returning TOM83 13/4/13.

I know it will be a 767 but do you know which one so I can have a look at the seat plan to work out the best pair of seats to try and nab when the plan goes live in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.