Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Adsgirl,

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM830/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Thanks Darren. We want to avoid sitting over the wings so would it be a safe bet to go for a pair of seats around row 30?
Adsgirl,

Row 30 is just aft of the wing, this is the view.

Darren
I hope that Thomsons 787 is trouble free Qatar have grounded one some problem same as the United 787 earlier Qatar CEO is fuming about it.
qatarman,

It's normal for a new model to have teathing problems post delivery, although there isn't really an excuse for the problems being encountered. Both United and Qatar have had issues. There seem to be issues wuth the electrical systems (thought to be an electrical bus) and a fuel hose connector leak issue. Both will be sorted by January, I'm sure. TOM have 3 aircraft on the production line at present and are entering final assembly so they should be here in plenty of time for the inaugral revenue flight on 15th Feb 2013 for G-TUIA, named Living The Dream (G-TUIB on 28th Feb, G-TUIC on 17th April and G-TUID on 29th April. G-TUIE is due in December 2013).

Darren
Hi Darren

I'm booked on TOM 2570/1 Man-Tfs 28/12/12 - 11/01/13

I know you dont know which aircraft this will be yet, however do you know which version of the 757 this will be?

seat plans shows 5 different versions

cheers
James 84,

As I mentioned, aircraft are rotated weekly so I can't give a registration and therefore an exact seat plan. Other than the seat design and the position of an odd seat or two / bulkhead, they're all the same so it makes little difference.

Darren
Going NCL to SSH on TOM474 in April. Assume it’s a 757, but having noted Darrens comments about possible “comfort/premium cabin/seats” I was wondering if this flight will be one of those improved.
Also, since I guess that taking out 2 rows of seats would only improve the other 37 rows by about an inch if it were shared out equally, I’m personally hoping that it does mean a “comfort cabin” gets created with the extra legroom - at inevitably extra cost - which I would pay happily.
Nearly 6 hours in just 28 inches seat pitch is a pretty horrible way of spending time.
So does anyone know any more yet please? Shared out or cabin? Extra charges? Return of IFE?
Ncl is a 738 base next summer . Is April still the winter program , if so there still may be a 752 based at newcastle
Hi Darren ... off topic but just wanted to say thanks for all your help regarding flight info this year and just to wish you a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for '2013'

No doubt I will be calling on your help again New Year:)

Pat
Thanks Pat, have a great Christmas and you know where I am when you have a flight question.

Darren
I've updated the IFE information for Thomson Airways long haul flights for January / February 2013.

Happy New Year everyone :cheers

Darren
Good morning Darren,

We have booked our usual holiday to TFS from LGW on the 16th August 2013 on TOM4534 and return on the 30th August on TOM4535, wondering if it will be a 738 or a 752?.

Many thanks

markhelen

Merged with Thomson Airways topic. Dazbo HT Mod
markhelen,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4534/5) are normally operated by Boeing 757-200, but I can confirm it closer to the time as I don't have a copy of the completed S13 aircraft schedule as yet.

Darren
Darren,

Many thanks for the swift response.

Happy new year to you and all the users of holiday truths.

markhelen
Hi Darren

Just booked on the TOM 2468 in May. I think it is a Thursday we travel out on. Looking around tinterweb it looks like the 767 operated the flights, in your opinion is it likely to be the same this year or could I be faced with the dreaded 757 !!, I only say this because I can't seem to get my knees in on a 757.

Thanks
baldyman26,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) are normally operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). I don't have the finalised S13 aircraft schedule as yet, but I'll be able to confirm it closer to the time. Personaly, I don't mind the 752's, especially the 'blue' ones with Recaro seats. There's slightly more room on these than the short haul 763's!

Darren
out of curiosity can maybe darren advise. i am due to fly tom 154 shortly manchester- puerto plata.
i think its only been operating the last 3 weeks from manchester, i have been trying to work out if it is the first flight out that day or if the plane is incoming from another destination.
its been delayed only around 30 mins each week but wondered if it is because of delay on any previous flight.
thanks
jhe,

MAN-POP-MAN (TOM154/5) are operated by the aircraft that comes in from Goa (TOM166/7) or Cancun (TOM122/3). Long haul aircraft are thin on the ground so are used pretty much daily. It is the first flight outbound for the aircraft that day, but then they only operate 1 return service per day on long haul, ie 8-10 hours outbound and the same inbound. G-OOAN is being used on that rotation currently, although it can and probably will change. Expect the aircraft in at around 07:20am (Cancun) to 08:15am (Goa) on the morning of your flight. 30 minutes is here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.