Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Harry Boat,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4252/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren

Thanks very much Darren
HB
Hi

We're flying to Cape Verde on 24/7/2013 from LGW. Flight no TOM782. What plane will this be? Does it have IFE?
Does Thomson do the seat allocation at checkin or night before? (not sure whether to prebook seats).

Thanks in advance.
lilac labrador,

LGW-SID-LGW (TOM782/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is allocated by a computer model the day before departure. It takes in to account those that have selected seats, families etc and then slots remaining passengers in to available seating. The vast majority of passengers under the same booking will be seated together. However, due to the nature of aircraft seating, it's inevitable some won't be sat together or be across an isle / one behind the other. For peace of mind, pre-selected seats are worth considering if you want to be sat together.

Darren
Thanks again Darren for your speedy replies both to this and my Thomas cook flight query. Very helpful, informative and kind!
You had me doing a double take lilac labrador. Travelling to two diferent destinations, with two different airlines, on the same day :yikes
Oh dear! I got the date wrong here - should have put 27/6!! :whoops
The other one to Mexico is 24/7.
Booked my seats today with Thomsons, very happy.
Gla-Sfb-Gla seats 3A/B + 4A/B, same seats on return (although the return sector shows A+C, due to the seatplan showing the dreamliner).
The phone number I used was 02476 283046, got through no problem.
One more thing on my list done
Need a hol wrote:
Booked my seats today with Thomsons, very happy.
Gla-Sfb-Gla seats 3A/B + 4A/B, same seats on return (although the return sector shows A+C, due to the seatplan showing the dreamliner).
The phone number I used was 02476 283046, got through no problem.
One more thing on my list done

Need A Hol,

Did thomson have any comments on if the return flight is likely to be 767/787?
Hi,

We fly out on the 23rd June and return on the 07th July, when we were selecting the return sector she said it was still planned to be the dreamliner, however when I called Thomsons a few weeks ago to book my outbound seats I was told it would be a 767! Thinking it will probably be a 767 as passengers have been refunded for not flying on the dreamliner. What you are told depends on the staff member at thomsons you are talking to, they are definitely not all singing from the same song sheet if you know what I mean.
Need a hol wrote:
Hi,

We fly out on the 23rd June and return on the 07th July, when we were selecting the return sector she said it was still planned to be the dreamliner, however when I called Thomsons a few weeks ago to book my outbound seats I was told it would be a 767! Thinking it will probably be a 767 as passengers have been refunded for not flying on the dreamliner. What you are told depends on the staff member at thomsons you are talking to, they are definitely not all singing from the same song sheet if you know what I mean.

Yes I agree if you look on the Thomson 787 blog some of the staff tell people returning in July that they will be on 767's and some that they will be on 787's.

When I asked what aircraft im flying out on as they had told another passenger returning on my flight it was a 767 they told me its still a 787.

As you said I don't think its clear yet what they plan on doing
Thomsons don't know what type of aircraft their July flights will be on. They will be as in the dark as everyone else as to when they will get their 787s. They are making it up as they go along!
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if G-OBYH has been refitted noticed its back in the UK and operating long haul service

Thanks
Z.J.C
Need a hol wrote:
when I called Thomsons a few weeks ago to book my outbound seats I was told it would be a 767!

Z.J.C wrote:
When I asked what aircraft im flying out on as they had told another passenger returning on my flight it was a 767 they told me its still a 787

The chances of it being a 787-8 by July are nil at this time. Thomson need to run them on short / medium haul for 2 months prior to longhaul introduction which means they'll need to be delivered by the end of this month at the latest for a July start. That is looking extremely unlikely at the moment so I would bank on your flights being on a 767-300/ER. This is all subject to what happens at Boeing and is out of Thomsons hands. They have to wait and see and plan for when things do startbeing delivered.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Need a hol wrote:
when I called Thomsons a few weeks ago to book my outbound seats I was told it would be a 767!

Z.J.C wrote:
When I asked what aircraft im flying out on as they had told another passenger returning on my flight it was a 767 they told me its still a 787

The chances of it being a 787-8 by July are nil at this time. Thomson need to run them on short / medium haul for 2 months prior to longhaul introduction which means they'll need to be delivered by the end of this month at the latest for a July start. That is looking extremely unlikely at the moment so I would bank on your flights being on a 767-300/ER. This is all subject to what happens at Boeing and is out of Thomsons hands. They have to wait and see and plan for when things do startbeing delivered.

Darren

I am expecting a 767 anyways I just wish they would release the information on it being on a 767 as I will be asking to change dates as they have offered may/June passengers to make it easier with work.

Z.J.C
Z.J.C wrote:
I am expecting a 767 anyways I just wish they would release the information on it being on a 767 as I will be asking to change dates as they have offered may/June passengers to make it easier with work

Which they can't do as Thomson themselves are waiting on information from Boeing. The are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. You can't pass on information that you don't have yourself.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Z.J.C wrote:
I am expecting a 767 anyways I just wish they would release the information on it being on a 767 as I will be asking to change dates as they have offered may/June passengers to make it easier with work

Which they can't do as Thomson themselves are waiting on information from Boeing. The are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. You can't pass on information that you don't have yourself.

Darren

Yes I fully understand, I can only imagine how fusrrating it must be from Thomsons part waiting so long for the Aircraft and then the grounding happen.
Is a change of aircraft from what you were hoping for really important enough to make it worth the hassle of changing your holiday arrangements and having to re-negotiate your annual leave etc? As a manager, I'm not sure how I would react to such a request on those grounds being put to me, especially if it meant having to re-negotiate cover arrangements that had already been put in place for your original dates.

SM
SMa,

That's the way I view it. For me, while the flight is part of the holiday, it's the bit between the flights that's the most important part. I don't spend 10 hours or more each way on an aircraft for a holiday (well, just a bit of me does!).

Darren
SMa wrote:
Is a change of aircraft from what you were hoping for really important enough to make it worth the hassle of changing your holiday arrangements and having to re-negotiate your annual leave etc? As a manager, I'm not sure how I would react to such a request on those grounds being put to me, especially if it meant having to re-negotiate cover arrangements that had already been put in place for your original dates.

SM

The dates I choose for my holiday were specifically to fly on the 787 however it would be easier for me to fly on a Monday due to the nature of my business. For the benefit of experiencing a 787 I choose to fly the day earlier which did cause some inconvenience with extra staffing I needed to arrange but nothing major.

the reasons behind my wishing to change aircraft are nothing to do with yourself.

For your information I am self employed and I do not need your advice as a "Manager".

Z.J.C
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.