Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
gaz68 wrote:
SMa,

That's the way I view it. For me, while the flight is part of the holiday, it's the bit between the flights that's the most important part. I don't spend 10 hours or more each way on an aircraft for a holiday (well, just a bit of me does!).

Darren

Sorry but I disagree stongly. For some, myself included, it matters greatly what plane I'll be flying on. I've been all over the world & been on most aircraft in my time & I have to say the flying experience plays a big part for me.

Had the now almost antiquated 767's actually had a proper cabin re-fit with the new interiors, seats etc then yes that would go along way to pleasing the passengers.

I know it's not all Thomsons fault, but it's a disaster. I'm fed up hearing "a change of aircraft does not constitute a major change" Well I'm sorry it DOES. Yes they can substitute planes at short notice etc, but when they have been hard selling this product like nothing on earth it's a kick in the teeth, especially all the hype over the last year.

Remember many people booked their holidays, chose different airports / cities etc because their flights were advertised as "Dreamliner". I really think Thomson should have waited anyway untill the planes were actually delivered before promising anything.

I have a holiday booked myself end of November, apparently Dreamliner flights but I 'm not going to hold my breath.

Could agre more with you! Thomson wouldn't offer the option to transfer to a different date if they Wernt accepting the fact some people choose specific dates for just dreamliners and would rather fly out on other days.

Z.J.C
Flying out on Thurs TOM104/105 MAN-SFB-MAN. Looked like we were going to be on one of the ex-FCA planes, but just checking this is still the case please?
Online seat reservation seems to show 2-3-2 config, so assume it will be. In Row 18, which looks like it is just in front of the emergency exit seating.
Is it also correct these planes have the new dark blue seat coverings?

TIA
Hi Darren,

Could you tell me the where " tom518 Glasgow-Cancun 6th May" flies in from ie: flight no.
So I can check for any delays.

Thanks for your help

Colin

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Flowerscroft,

MAN-SFB-MAN (TOM104/5) are scheduled to be operated by an ex-FCA 763 as far as I'm aware. The interiors were refurbished last year and now have the Thomson dark blue leather seat coverings, everything else is the same. Row 18 is 2 rows in front of the emergency exit (row 20).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-OOBL-copy-600_zps4ff48fd8.jpg
Standard economy seat (row 31)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-OOBK-2-600_zps6d3316ff.jpg
Emergency exit row (row 20)

Photos of the original seat covers here.

Darren
colinshear,

The aircraft doesn't operate a flight immediately before and will position up to Glasgow early morning to operate your flight.

Darren
I'm amazed by some of the comments on here. I can understand some people being upset that it won't be the Dreamliner they are flying on, however the plane does not make the holiday. Did you choose your accommodation based on the aircraft you where flying on. A holiday is more about the destination. If it isn't then there will be dreamliner's flying before Thomson elsewhere in the world. This is completely out of Thomson's hands, I'm sure if they could get them in the air before now they would have. As long as they offer suitable alternatives and refund the premium then as far as I am aware they are doing all they can. (they could've said it's out of our control go away, like a certain low cost airline is famous for)..

Anyway now to my question, Darren can you tell me if the TOM 2468 on 23/5 is likely to be a 767 (or a dream liner if they are delivered !!!!) sorry!.
Clearly this is important to you Z.J.C and I hope that the temp staff, or whoever the extra staff are that you are bringing in to cover for you when you are on holiday, are able to accommodate your change of heart. It would be a shame if they can't and you aren't able to get away later in the year. Or if there are further delays with the Dreamliner and that your holiday recedes even further into the future - but as you say that has nothing to do with me. Just as whether I am a manager or a 'manager, has nothing to do with you. I work in a field that clearly has to juggle more factors and work within greater constraints than you do. Just be glad that you don't have to and can change your mind about your holiday plans and presumably cater for your staff doing the same. Enjoy it when you do eventually get to Florida :wave:

SM
I know which aircraft I would prefer to be flying on for the next six months and it is not the Dreamliner.
Thanks for all,the info so far but we Had another email today about extras from Thompson. They want to know if we want stuff like more luggage weight and/or prem seats ect. We already booked legroom seats on the flight from Manchester on Tom 194. Anyone else get this stuff sent ? Also asking for passport numbers are well ? Is this normal for longer flight to Mexico ect ???

Feel a mug asking this but never done long flight before ?

:que
Everybody gets this sent by Thomson - and a lot of other airlines too! They never miss a chance to sell you something extra! Re the baggage allowance, it is worth thinking about whether you can manage on what you already have or need more. If this is a flight only booking then you get zero unless you book it in advance and even if it is a package then you only get 15 kgs as the basic allowance. My medium lightweight suitcases weigh around that when fully packed so it's not much depending on where you are going and the things you need to take with you. And be warned, if you are overweight they will whack you with a massive surcharge at the airport - a friend had to pay £35 for being 2 kegs over her allowance at Manchester last month and saw a woman having to pay around double that for extra weight. Buying an extra 5kgs for £17.50 is a bargain in comparison!

Re passport details or API, more and more Governments require this and so some airlines just request it as standard now. I don't know whether this is a requirement for Mexico or not but it is easy to do. - just click on the relevant link in the email they sent you and you'll be taken straight through to the on-line form for entering your details. Again better to do this in advance - if it is required in advance by the Mexican Government and you haven't provided the info then Thomson might not allow you to board.

SM
Hi Darren,
Hope you are well and enjoyed your holiday :cheers

I noticed today on Thomson's twitter they were advertising the extra space rows on the 757. We are travelling on TOM 512 & 437 which are due to be on a 767 (unless things have changed?). We have booked the extra space seats and are wondering if there are any non-emergency extra legroom seats on here? Its just that one of our party has had to use seatbelt extenders on flights sometimes but not always. Just to be on the safe side we wanted to book non emergency exit seats when it comes to selecting our seat. Do you know which rows these are? We were thinking of row 1?

Thanks for your help as always :)
pallan
baldyman26 wrote:
Anyway now to my question, Darren can you tell me if the TOM 2468 on 23/5 is likely to be a 767 (or a dream liner if they are delivered !!!!) sorry!.

The closest you'll get to a Dreamliner is an aircraft in the Dreamliner livery I'm afraid! MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) should be operated by Boeing 767/300/ER (short haul) subject to any changes brought about bythe 787 situation.

Darren
pallan,

If you follow the link for the seating plan on our What Aircraft? guide, you'll see the location of the extra legroom seats. Most are behind bulkheads rather than on the exit row, particularly those on the outer columns of seats. Row 1 is as good as any of the others.

Darren
Whomenever wrote:
Feel a mug asking this but never done long flight before ?

Never feel that when asking for help or information on here. It's exactly the reason these forums are here, to share information, ask and answer questions. The more you ask, the more informative the forums are!

Darren
SMa wrote:
Clearly this is important to you Z.J.C and I hope that the temp staff, or whoever the extra staff are that you are bringing in to cover for you when you are on holiday, are able to accommodate your change of heart. It would be a shame if they can't and you aren't able to get away later in the year. Or if there are further delays with the Dreamliner and that your holiday recedes even further into the future - but as you say that has nothing to do with me. Just as whether I am a manager or a 'manager, has nothing to do with you. I work in a field that clearly has to juggle more factors and work within greater constraints than you do. Just be glad that you don't have to and can change your mind about your holiday plans and presumably cater for your staff doing the same. Enjoy it when you do eventually get to Florida :wave:

SM

Hello

Just so your aware I would only be changing the flight by one day you make it sound like im planning on changing my holiday by months. All I was simply saying is if the Sunday flight is a 767 I would rather go on the Monday flight to make things easier not really a drastic change to be fair it just makes things easier for me in regards to transfers to airports and deadlines on Sundays.

Im not going to Florida its Mexico but thank you.

Z.J.C
My mistake, I see now that you were quoting someone else who was flying Glasgow-Sanford.

SM
You said when Thomson receives the Dreamliner that they will operate it short/medium haul for 2 months ,why is that please , does it have to be 2 months could it be shorter period thank You
Darren, thanks for posting these pics, we have row 20 for our flight in may but i thought the table and tv screen popped out of the seat? In these pics they are on the seat infront?? Looks like it will be quite a stretch to eat my dinner lol and the screen looks far away aswell.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.