Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cpclarkes wrote:
You said when Thomson receives the Dreamliner that they will operate it short/medium haul for 2 months ,why is that please , does it have to be 2 months could it be shorter period thank You

It's for crew training and familiarisation. This is done on shorter sectors first before going long haul.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs,

Well spotted! Tray tables and screens do still fold out of the arm rests, you'll notice the seats have solid sides and are different than standard seats. You can't be expected to sit forward and use the ones on the seat backs as it's too far!

Darren

Lol it sounds as if im complaining as i will have too much space! Thanks for clearing that up darren
Im heading away for a weeks break to Turkey on the 21/06/13 on TOM436/7 I was told it would be on a 767-300 v4 but when it was time for the seat plans to open at 90 days they didnt and still havent with 72 days to go, they have said they are looking at changing aircraft. I asked "to what aircraft" and whilst been very vague and non comittal she droppped a hint it could be to a 787.

I know they have to trial the longhaul aircraft on shorter routes before entering full service.

My question is does anyone who knows a little more than I do on how these things work think this is possible??
Hello

Does anyone know what plane operates flight TOM216 Manchester to Boa Vista departing 3rd July.

Z.J.C
z.j.c wrote:
Hello

Does anyone know what plane operates flight TOM216 Manchester to Boa Vista departing 3rd July.

Z.J.C

...In the light of the last ten pages or so ,of this thread, I was very tempted to say ...787 Dreamliner :rofl

sorry!!!! ;)
z.j.c wrote:
Hello

Z.J.C

It's a Boeing 757-200 as maddave25 mentions.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
z.j.c wrote:
Hello

Z.J.C

It's a Boeing 757-200 as maddave25 mentions.

Darren

Thank you two for confirming.

Thanks
maddave25,

Whoever hinted at a 787-8 is purely speculating as there's no delivery date as yet. It's on the schedule as a short haul 763.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren, that what I thought but the seat plan still cannot be accessed and the days are counting down, something is going on for sure. They are normally quite efficient for this.

I shall report back if when I get a straight answer!
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
AngS wrote:
Hi there

Im booked to fly with my two teenage children to sanford from birmingham on 23/6/13 tom630

One of my children has a medical condition which means i may have to assist her urgently at times. The airline are happy to carry her and she will have a fit to fly letter from her paediatrician.

Welfare have suggested seats 11cde fior us. Anyone tell me much about these. Mainly i need enough room to be able to grab stuff out of her emergency bag and give her drugs if necessary.

I know these are close to toilets which is handy in some respects as i will always be nearby then but bit worried about people cutting through the bulkhead space/standing there.

Thanks for any help you can be

If one of your children has a medical condition then they won't be permitted to sit in row 11(assuming an ex-FCA 767) this is a stipulation by the CAA. I recommend row 14 AB or FG. Unfortunately the configuration of these aircraft means they don't have many seats that can be used as welfare seats. Standards seats are quite roomy on Thomsons long haul aircraft, certainly enough to administer intravenous drugs, oxygen etc..
The fitness to fly certificate will not bypass emergency exit regulations. I am quite shocked that the welfare team are suggesting these seats. Who ever occupies these seats needs to be able to operate an exit door at any time, which if your daughter is in a situation (hopefully not) requiring her treatment she wouldn't be able to.

Just had a look online as seat booking for our flight is now open. Row 11 looks like it is directly behind row 9 (no row 10??) and it does show as having a an 11a,b,c,d,e,f,g

Really confused now. Anyone help?
AngS,

You have to bear in mind the online seat plans don't show all the aircraft details, only the position of seats. Your flights should be operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER as BY-TOM-AMM-FCA mentions. You'll find a detailed seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where you'll also find extensive aircraft information including photos of the seats on row 11 and 14.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
AngS,

You have to bear in mind the online seat plans don't show all the aircraft details, only the position of seats. Your flights should be operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER as BY-TOM-AMM-FCA mentions. You'll find a detailed seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where you'll also find extensive aircraft information including photos of the seats on row 11 and 14.

Darren

Thanks for that. Welfare are still saying they will be seating us in row 11(which looks great in the photos on the link) even when i asked specifically about them being exit row seats. They said they werent classed as that. So will just keep my fingers crossed.
Can someone tell me what aircraft is operating the TOM7226 BHX - PMI on Tuesday?
AlastairTUIHA,

BHX-PMI-BHX (TOM7226/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

We are flying to Izmir from Birmingham on August 3rd flight no TOM516.

We are flying with 4 children so wondered what the plane/seat config will be.

Thanks

Louise
Hello Darren

We are travelling to/from the maldives on may 19/27 on flights tom054/055. What plane is this along with formation? Do you have any suggestions as to the best seats and those to avoid. We will be in economy. Last time on the same flight, we were unfornuate enough to have middle seats near the loo and it stunk for nearly 11 hours so keen to avoid any sort of repeat!

Many thanks in advance.

:tup
lou_uk wrote:
Hi Darren

We are flying to Izmir from Birmingham on August 3rd flight no TOM516.

We are flying with 4 children so wondered what the plane/seat config will be.

Thanks

Louise

TOM516 BHX-ADB is looking like it will be a 757 so the seat configuration will be 3-3. Time yet for this to be changed so dont take it as gospel just yet.
Check back nearer the time.
TOM516 BHX-ADB is looking like it will be a 757 so the seat configuration will be 3-3. Time yet for this to be changed so dont take it as gospel just yet.
Check back nearer the time.

Thanks - we were hoping for 2-4-2...but never mind!

Lou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.