Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lou_uk,

BHX-ABD-BHX (TOM516/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200 as maddave25 mentions. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans and aircraft / cabin photos on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Clarky,

LGW-MLE-LGW (TOM054/5) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There are no 'best' seats really as all offer the same basic facilities, it's just whether you prefer a window, isle or centre seat at the front or back really. There are cabin and seat photos if you click on the aircraft type on the guide to give you an idea of what to expect. The only ones I'd avoid are the ones close to toilets and the galley if you find the movement of passengers and crew distracting. Other than that, it makes little difference.

Enjoy the Maldives you lucky thing. I'm in the process of planning my third visit for later this year. It's a magical place.

Darren

Perfect thanks Darren :)

Trip booked today....5 weeks to go. Squeal. Looking forward to our return visit to paradise :D :sun2 :cheers
Hi Darren
I can see Thomsons are now selling their 757 extra legroom rows to Egypt and Cape Verde. Is it just the extra legroom rows they've put in, because I've just been told someone had a call from Thomsons to say they'd increased the pitch on all seats to 31" and 34" for the extra legroom? Do you know if this is correct?
Thanks
Sunaddict,

Details are on our What Aircraft? guide about the changes to some of the 757-200 fleet.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Sunaddict,

Details are on our What Aircraft? guide about the changes to some of the 757-200 fleet.

Darren

Sorry Darren, should have known to look there!

Thanks
Hi Darren,
Time for my annual question. :sun2 Im probably a little early and i know thomson are probably still shuffling aircraft about due to the 787 issue. But any idea on our aircraft?
bhx to dlm, tom 414/5 on 20th july?

Also, we were on this same flight last year but tom414/5 became tom654/5 at the airport, any idea why? Maybe it will change again this year! :think Only wandering as i have given out my flight number to a private transfer company and hope it stays as tom414/5 this year for that reason. I will keep an eye out on flightradar24 when the flight starts on 4th May.

Thanks in advance ... Chris
chrisweaving,

BHX-DLM-BHX (TOM414/5) should be operated by Boeing 757-200. The flight numbers are listed as TOM414/5 at the moment. Why they were changed at last minute on your flights last year, you'll have to ask Thomson. If your taxi know you're coming in from Dalaman on Thomson, I'm sure he'll work out which is your flight if numbers do change as it's the only Thomson flight arriving from Dalaman that day.

Darren
Flight numbers usually changed to avoid confusion with another aircraft operating the same or similar route.
Hi there

This is a long shot but I am trying to find some information about the 767's that Thomson are now using on their short haul routes. I'm trying to find out which rows on the left side of the plane have a full window seat for an anxious passenger. I've spent a lot of time on the net trying to find a seating plan or any info/pictures that can help but have found nothing.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks in advance
if you scroll to the top of the airlines forum page you will find the Waht aircraft thread this contains links to all the seating plans

if you post your flight details [date number dept airport] one of the boys may be able to narrow down the type for you

wizard
shirley h,

CWL-SSH-CWL (TOM466/7) are operated by Boeing 737-800. There's no IFE onboard these aircraft. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren, just realized I ommited to thank you for the info, so a belated thank you :tup

We got back yesterday and I have to say it was a pretty comfy flight on a clean, modern plane, with ample leg room.
shirley h,

No worries, glad you had a great time. The 738's aren't bad are they, pretty comfortable for the short - medium haul flights they do.

Darren
LU1,

As Wizard mentions, we have one linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) that also have extensive aircraft information. It's the short haul 328 seat version you want, not one of the long haul. Bear in mind Thomson will also have a Jetairfly 767-300/ER in the fleet for the next couple of monts at least that's covering due to the 787-8 delays so there may be a slight variation. Other than a couple of rows, most seats have a clear view out ouf the window on the 763. I can't say X row has a full window as there is too much variation due to the nature of aircraft seating. If you avoid the rear of the front cabin and the first 6 rows in the 2nd cabin, you'll have a view out of the window in the other seats. Are you sure it's a 767-300/ER you're travelling on? If you let us have your flight details, especially flight number, I'll check the aircraft schedule for you.

Darren
Hi

What plane is due to service TOM 145 Cancun to Manchester on the 13th July 2013.
I've just been on to pick my seats and it's showing a 3-3-3 configuration?

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM144/5) are currently scheduled to be operated by the new Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). However, this all depends if the aircraft are delivered before the end of this month. At the moment, it's looking very unlikely so there's a reasonable chance the aircraft will be changed to a Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll be contacted by Thomson if/when the aircraft is changed to notify you. At the moment, by all means choose your seat with the current seat plan. But be aware, it's likely to change.

Darren
Dazbo

That's nuts. They've already told me i wont be on the dreamliner and given me the supplement refund lol!
Thanks for the info anyway.

Anthony
Hi,

I hope that someone can help me :)

I am flying out to Orlando, Sanford from Manchester with Thomson Airways on Thurs 25th April. The aircraft is scheduled to be a Boeing 767, however, does anyone know if it will be ex-FCA or a Thomson aircraft? I return a week later, Thurs 2nd May and this flight was scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 787 - no chance of that. Again does anyone know if it will be an ex-FCA or Thomson aircraft that will replace it?

Thanks in advance.

MRT320
MRT320,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft aircraft information. There are several flights. This ensures we get the correct details for you. I assumer you're on the TOM104/186? These should be operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER (long haul) due to the increased number of passengers expected on the 787-8.

Darren
TOM104 outbound and TOM187 inbound. We are flying Premium. What is Premium like on the Thomsonfly 767s?

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.